The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 12:23:54 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Event: Sophia's First Birthday!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Life as I know it... Topic Next Topic: New Member Here!!!
Page: of 2

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 05 2003 :  07:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Previous Month  October 2003  Next Month
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Ok, I know, not your typical Mohican Board event, but, I hadda do it!

The baby that almost wasn't, is ... most definitely.

For those of you interested in her progress, I will try to post a pic or two & a rundown on her soon!

I think she can post now herself ... had her on my lap yesterday & she was trying hard to type on the keyboard!!
report to moderator

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - October 05 2003 :  1:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday to little Sophia! And a very happy occasion it is for you all! Coinkadently, Betty's daughter's birthday is the 8th of October.

Have a very happy b'day party you guys.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - October 05 2003 :  2:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy B-Day Sophia.Hope all is well down yonder.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 05 2003 :  4:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday Sophia, remember with hope and faith anything is possible.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - October 05 2003 :  5:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

As we say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIA , we also say a prayer of thanks to the almighty that you are with us today.

Support our Country, our President and our Troops

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 05 2003 :  5:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOPHIA!! (smooch smooch kissy kissy)

You just keep helping your dad with the typing...we need sweet little Mohicanland Girls in the neighborhood.

Theresa

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 05 2003 :  6:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To Mohicanland's Little Angel...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - October 06 2003 :  05:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh my...has it really been a year already?!

Happy Birthday little princess!

HM

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 06 2003 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hard to believe a year already?
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Sophia!
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Pen
Colonial Settler

February 03 2003

Posted - October 07 2003 :  1:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday, Sophia!!

Hey, Rich, if she's already trying to post, maybe you should let her pick out an avatar and join us ! Hmmm...what do you think she'd choose?

Pen

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 07 2003 :  6:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy, Happy Birthday Little Angel!!!

GG

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - October 08 2003 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Sophia

Sorry to be a couple of days late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to such a sweet little one year old! Hope you had a fun celebration. You sure deserve it (and your mom and dad, too!!!)

Jayne

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - October 09 2003 :  01:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A very very Happy Birthday Sophia - and here's to many many more!

Stay well.

Jo

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 13 2003 :  07:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Sophia at 1 year old!

She has been out of Mother's womb for a year now, but really she should only be going on 9 months old, and, in fact, is less that that in many ways due to the fact that nearly her entire first 6 months' energies were spent - and I do mean spent - in desperate survival.

So, naturally, Sophia is behind - in many ways - your "normal" 1-year old child. Her back muscles, for example, are weaker than they would be. At 14+ pounds, she is a virtual Thumbalina. She can't sit up without assistance, nor crawl, no less stand & walk. Her voice - still weak - shows slight improvement. Her hair, as you can see, is ever-so-slowly coming in. Sometimes, she still has some swallowing problems ... gagging a bit on her formula.

Right now, she eats her "super" formula [packed with extra nutrition & calories] and some strained baby food [fruits & vegetables] & cereal. Unlike her back, her leg muscles are powerful - often times resembling a wagging pair of tails in their behavior - she sits in her bouncing chair, which has little toys dangling out in front, lines up the toys in her sights, and *POW* gets off a right-on kick - sometimes knocking the toy right off its hinges! She can lift her head well & grabs things normally. Her attention-span & cognitive powers are excellent & appear perfectly normal, as is her eyesight - a source of concern early on.

Sophia is playful, alert, and responsive - very, very bright. She is nearly always happy, never shy to flash her smile, and a true joy to be around. She is a happy child, and spreads her joy around to everyone. She is full of love, and demonstrates that, in her own way, all the time. She is like a little kitten ...

I have no doubt that, in time - and she is rapidly making progress - she will physically be relatively strong & normal. She is already that in every other way - more so, I guess. She is very, very special. A bright - and warm - light.

Back during her hospital stay, I would sit there, as she lay in her incubator on life support, and long to hold her - touch her, even - and squeeze her tightly. Well I remember. Now, I can, and I think she knows what was before - her eyes tell many a story. Sometimes, I would get to feeling that she might never make it home ... but she has ... and words cannot describe how wonderful that is ... and constantly so!

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - October 13 2003 :  10:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great pictures, Rich! She's beautiful. A true miracle baby.
Chris

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 13 2003 :  11:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, the captions that could be placed under those photos! What an expressive face she has.

Thanks for the great update, Rich. It sounds as though she is doing great, under her extreme circumstances. Never fear. She will catch up in all areas. She'll be crawling... then running... around the house before you know it.

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - October 13 2003 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Sorry this is late, but so glad to see this day and that the "miracle baby" is looking great! Don't worry, Rich, she'll catch up before you know it! You can just see a bright future in those bright beautiful brown eyes! Happy birthday, Sophia!!!

Christina

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 13 2003 :  5:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rich and Lainey for sharing your precious little one with us. And these folk are right, before you know it she'll be up and running and then before you know it you'll ask, "Where did the time go?"

Theresa

ardensgal
Pathfinder

June 12 2002

Posted - June 03 2004 :  11:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ardensgal an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Beautiful baby.. altho its half year later!!! Glad Eric and I got to see her in person!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 04 2004 :  05:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
... and, she's RUNNING around the house now!!! To see her touches a most special chord within me! When I visit, she clings to me the entire time ... after RUNNING to me, of course!

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - June 04 2004 :  08:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

... and, she's RUNNING around the house now!!! To see her touches a most special chord within me! When I visit, she clings to me the entire time ... after RUNNING to me, of course!

Doesn't take long, does it, Rich? Do you think me might get a peek at the Gathering?

Theresa

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 12 2005 :  06:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The little imp is 3 now - sweet as can be - and making progress still!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 12 2005 :  07:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice to hear Rich, - congrats indeed.

you can keep "The Change"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 12 2005 :  09:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hard to believe, isn't it? I thought about her on Friday!!! Meant to post a Happy Birthday and got all addled trying to catch a plane and it slipped by me. We wouldn't be the least bit offended if you'd like to update us on her!! Hmmmmm?

GG

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 12 2005 :  09:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And a new picture would be nice, too! :-)

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 12 2005 :  11:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

And a new picture would be nice, too! :-)

A very Happy Birthday to Sophia!

I'm so glad that things are progressing wonderfully! I agree, pictures would be wonderful!

hugs,
Caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Life as I know it... Topic Next Topic: New Member Here!!!  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07