The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/17/2024 3:32:44 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 The Next Great Advent'cha! Gathering X - 2012
 5-MONTH Gathering Update & Checklist!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: ANNOUNCING...THIS YEARS GATHERING GADGET! Topic Next Topic: Geneva Reservations!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 19 2004 :  07:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address
Just 5 measly months from right now, the "hordes" will be descending upon the poor little village of Chimney Rock, and the 2004 Great Mohican Gathering will be underway! It ain't far off, folks!

As I mentioned elsewhere, we have this slight little problem of registrations spinning their wheels - stuck in the mud, apparently. As I thought was made clear on the original Gathering information sign-up list, we had hoped that only those seriously planning to attend would place their names on it, in order that we may accurately [semi, anyway] project numbers. A few of you [2 or 3] asked to be on it even though you weren't quite sure - not speaking to you now - With that in consideration, we liberally projected 100 Gatherers. Realistically, I thought, probably 80, or so. And that might yet happen. I don't know. But, so far, a mere 34, based on the 2004 Gathering Sign-Ups Officially Begin! report. If you have signed up [electronically; not necessarily paid!], and your name does not appear here, then we haven't received your registration E-mail. Please try again. A few of you [2 or 3] have notified us about the delay in your registration - again, not addressing you ! My question: Where is everybody who signed up initially? We truly need your cooperation in the process; it's what makes it go & allows plans to come together! Won't you sign-up now? 2004 Gathering Registration Portal [Please, don't consider this a "scolding," but rather an attempt to jump-start you!]

So, what's new? Since the 6-MONTH Gathering Update & Checklist!, not much. Status quo, for the most part. A forum has been created for those of you who volunteered to help out with the final day, the Mohican Games. It is a "private" forum that only those of you who volunteered can see & post in. Hopefully, it will allow you to bring all the plans for that complex event together! Tim Cordell has confirmed that he will be here to participate & present his "Days of Infamy" living history program at Triple Falls. We're diligently working on the transportation involved in bringing Russell Means here [more money needed! Coins For Chingachgook]. Joanne Shenandoah's flight is also in the works.

If you've mailed payment, you will receive a confirmation upon receipt. I was working in Asheville all this past week and did not visit the Mohican Press mailbox, so if you've not heard, you probably will tomorrow when I return to work.

The Geneva continues to fill - see: Geneva Reservations! - if you've booked a room there, don't forget to contact Gadget Girl.

Spirits on the River menu selections also need to be made via an E-mail to Lady Ann.

All contact information can also be found on the 2004 Mohican Gathering page, as well as within the registration forms.

Begin to get excited, and take the steps to be there! Without you, it ain't no fun! I sometimes tire of explaining what a Gathering is, so I opted to use the words of others here: 2004 Mohican Gathering Thru June 26 - What is a Mohican Gathering, Anyway?. Maybe that'll help?

See you next time ... and, in June!

report to moderator

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - January 19 2004 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh Rich.... Alas I must confess... My Husbands wheels are stuck in the mud. . You know we will be there!!!!.. Just can't seem to get him out of the mud. And with the cold weather the mud is freezing solid. But I shall keep on nagging and see where is gets me LOL...

Support our Country, our President and our Troops
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

kgwhitney
Pathfinder

USA

July 26 2002

Posted - January 19 2004 :  12:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ashville sounds really good right now, we have at least 18 inches of snow on our deck. I am trying to get my boys out there to get some of it off. Don't worry Rich, I am sure more will sign on. Especially if they are up here in the north country. It has been so cold nobody wants to do anything but sit with a mug of something warm in their hand....
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: ANNOUNCING...THIS YEARS GATHERING GADGET! Topic Next Topic: Geneva Reservations!  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07