The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/17/2024 4:35:50 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 The List of 2004 Gathering Attendees!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: My favorite photo Topic Next Topic: The UN-Gathering 2003, Part IV
Page: of 2

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 01 2004 :  4:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Moving the 2004 Gathering Attendee List to its own thread; the better to find it by ... from http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1168#11162 to here ---

But, first ...

So, today we had our first cancellation. I was bummed, and started feeling Deja Vu all over again, in the immortal words of Yogi Berra.

The roller coaster ride continues. Why shouldn't it? It's been like that from the very beginning.

At the moment, and at the risk of sounding a bit like a manic/depressive, I am on a high of highs. I remember speculating, at the 2002 Gathering, of what it might be like to have the Stanglers and the Sweetsers together at the same Gathering. We're about to find out, and for that, I am very, very, grateful! Yiiii-hiiii!!! Anyway ...

The List

Last Update: 05/26/04

Carter Ard - 1st
Ann Colby - 4th
Kay Dennis, Pat Danielson - canceled, Phyllis Nelson , Cindy Rodgers & K. Stout - 1st
Donna Deslauriers - 6th
Pat Dietch - 2nd
Rich Federici - 6th
April Ferguson - canceled
Mary Garland & Rob Kruys - 3rd -
Stan & Teri Golden - 4th
Mary Graybill - 1st
Ros Haddon - 4th
Marc & Cherie Harbison - 3rd
John Harkins - 5th
Del Hiestand & son - 1st
Jenifer Huey - 3rd
Eric & Sharon Hurley - 6th
Christina Knauss - 2nd
Vincent Kong & Debbie Ho - 4th
Art & Halina Long - 1st -
Stephanie McCulloch - 4th
Nancy Michaelsen - 2nd
Don & Jayne [Langan] Miller - 4th
Dennis, Eileen, Scott & Rachel Morgan - 2nd -
Kate Penman - 4th
Patrick Quinn - 3rd
Cecelia Scott - 4th
Ariel Segal - 2nd
Diana Strickland - 5th
Phil & Karen Stangler - 2nd
Joe & Belinda Starnes - 2nd - canceled
Kathie, Mary, Karen & Jo Sweetser collectively, The Sweetser 4! - 5th
Mark, Kathy, Nathan, & David Whitney - 4th
Diane Williams - 1st
Fitz & Cindy Williams - 2nd
Michael Williams and Andres, An-Mei, Kristen & Thomas Kessler -1st
Theresa & Claude - canceled - Williams - 3rd
Karen Williamson - 4th - canceled - uncanceled!
Dale Wasson - 2nd
Patrick & Tristan Wilson - 1st -
Mark & Sarah Zentner - 4th

Current Total: 66 [though I expect this number to shrink - many not paid as of this date!]

Not included in above total, but confirmed attendance:

• Tim & Diane Cordell, plus traveling buddy, Randy Roberts, last 3 days only [Cherokee, Dupont/movie, Games]
  • Joanne Shenandoah, Tuesday only [Spirits on the River]
  • Russell & Pearl Means, tail end of the festivities [Movie Theater is fer sure]

report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 01 2004 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OH

MY

GOODNESS

It is a dang good thing I didn't read this at work. My near-workers would have thought I had won the lottery the way I whooped when I read THE SWEETSERS were coming. That is just the best news - talk about a high point in the gathering journey!!!! I won't have seen them chickens in 3 YEARS....AND I'VE MISSED 'EM!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jo, I reckon that means we have an opening in the West apartment??? , but that's Okey Dokey if your branging those sisters of yours. I had resigned myself to never experiencing the Sweetsers 4 in MohicanLand again. What A TREAT! This is better'n Christmas mornin'!!!!

P.S. April, I am sorry to hear we won't get to meet you. You can always change your mind! Plenty of time!

GG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 01 2004 :  8:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WELL
GA-ALEEEE!

The Sweetsers...AND The Spanglers! Now that's worth the price of admission all my itself...SHAZAM!!

Theresa

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - March 01 2004 :  9:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, My Gosh!

Somebody better give Ching a heads-up!!! The Sweetsers!

Jayne

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - April 06 2004 :  11:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WELLLLLLL, finally, I find this post! Thank you for all of your kind words about our "collective" arrival! Will try to live up to our "reputation" but beware, maybe we'll be QUIET this time!!! I've missed going and for once, I'm glad WE're back....
We're looking forward to it; hope everyone else is!!!

Jo and her very nice, docile, quiet, demur (I wish I could spell) sisters! The Sherman march to the sea is counting down...Ashville airport beware.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 27 2004 :  05:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is official! Michael Williams [LOTM Dissertation] will be among us at the 2004 GRAND Great Mohican Gathering. Another Woo-Hoo!!!

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 27 2004 :  06:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What exciting news! The "guest" list keeps gittin' gooder 'n gooder!!

Theresa

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 27 2004 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
YAY! Good news indeed! Please tell me he'll be there the last part of the week...

GG

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 28 2004 :  04:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK - "He'll be there the last part of the week." Days 4-7, at least.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 02 2004 :  2:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy to say that Donna D. has signed up!!! Very happy. That'll be numero SIX for her. And there ain't no more than that! Bravo!

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - May 02 2004 :  5:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow the list looks really big! I am sad to have to miss out on my first gathering but I suppose I can keep my hopes up that next year there will be another gathering so I can experience my first. I hope everyone has a wonderful time and enjoys their time there.

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - May 02 2004 :  5:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Rich, I wanted to sign up a looong time ago. But this has
been an unpredictable year. I still have to make sure my Kitty Sitter
is available to take care of Fluffy... :')

And to Rachel,
Yes, it's too bad you can't make it this year. I swear you would
have had one of the most fun weeks ever. I can't wait!

Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 30 2004 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Three weeks from right now we'll be assembling at Chimney Rock Park! THREE WEEKS! Here's hoping the weather is better. A most dreary morning right now.

Don't think Russell's coming? Russell Means' Upcoming Appearances

Down to basics ... here's who is coming - definitely - and when they'll be here. If you spot an error, please do let me know!

Paid Gatherers as of May 30, 2004 June 11, 2004

Carter Ard - Sunday & Monday [I think!]
Ann Colby - All week, but skipping Biltmore to make arrangements for the Shenandoah concert that night
Kay Dennis - All week, skipping Nolichucky
Donna Deslauriers - All week
Pat Dietch - All week, skipping Nolichucky
Rich Federici - All week [I hope! ]
Stan & Teri Golden - All week, skipping Biltmore/Spirits
Mary Graybill - Tuesday - Saturday - canceled
Ros Haddon - Thursday - Saturday
Marc & Cherie Harbison - All week, skipping Spirits
John Harkins - All week
Del & Del Jr. Heistand - Saturday - Friday, skipping Nolichucky & Cherokee
Jenifer Huey - Sunday only
Christina Knauss - All week
Vincent Kong & Debbie Ho - Sunday - Friday, skipping Spirits
Don & Jayne Miller - All week, skipping Biltmore
Stephanie McCulloch - All week, skipping Biltmore
Nancy Michaelson - All week
Phyllis Nelson - Monday - Saturday, skipping Spirits & Nolichucky
Kate Penman - All week
Patrick Quinn - All week
Cindy Rodgers - All week, skipping Nolichucky
Cecelia Scott - Wednesday - Saturday
Ariel Segal - Sunday - Thursday
Phil & Karen Stangler - All week, skipping Nolichucky
Kim Stout - Monday - Thursday, skipping Spirits & Nolichucky
Diana Strickland - Wednesday - Saturday
Karen, Kathie, Mary, & Jo Sweetser - All week, skipping Nolichucky
Dale Jr., Dale Sr., & Elizabeth Wasson and Erik Halthen - Sunday, Friday, and Saturday
Mark, Kathy, Nathan, & David Whitney - All week, skipping Biltmore
Diane Williams - Tuesday only
Fitz & Cindy Williams - Tuesday night, Friday & Saturday
Michael Williams, Kristen, Andres, An-Mei, & Thomas Kessler - Wednesday - Saturday
Theresa Williams - All week
Karen Williamson - All week, skipping Biltmore
Mark & Sarah Zentner - Sunday - Friday, skipping Spirits & Cherokee

Man, a veritable Williams Clan here ... The Williams Chronicles anyone? So, that's who is currently paid - 53 52 56 total, I think.

Plus, we can add:

Tim & Dianne Cordell [and another person, I think?] - Thursday - Saturday
Eric & Sharon Hurley - Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
Russell & Pearl Means - Thursday - Saturday

That, if correct, ups us to 60 59 63.

I have no idea who among all these folks will be at The Elk Hunt [Sunday afternoon], do all of Linville Gorge, including the Sunrise [Monday - all day], and Dupont Forest [Friday] as these are all free & there was no need to reserve a space. Above info covers the paid events only.

Any of you who would like to belatedly sign-up for an event you had previously planned to skip, please do so ASAP!! Even have a few [very few] Joanne Shenandoah tickets set aside at the moment, just in case.

Of course, by now, you've all sent your Spirits on the River dinner choices on to pop_profile

Rich
Mohican Press

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - May 30 2004 :  08:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich...Nolichucky is "iffy" for me. Got to talk to the doctor about my shoulder. If he recommends I not do it, my space is for sale. Should know something in a week or so.

Theresa

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 30 2004 :  09:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like I told someone else, you can always just hitch a ride in a raft and not do any paddling. The water levels should be way up this year - in comparison to 2002. Don't think Ducks will be necessary! Think about that. I'll paddle overtime for you!

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - May 30 2004 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Rich,

You know, because of my recent surgery, I might not manage to do the Nolichucky... And, of course, all that trekking in my 'weakened state' could do lots of damage, which puts the climb up to Table Rock, the Death March and Linville Gorge out the window. OH - and the CRP hike... what that could do to newly joined - and atrophied muscles is unbelieveable!!! I'm not sure that my Consultant and P.S will be happy for me to undertake these various activities!! In fact, I'm SURE they'd be ABSOLUTELY AGIN' THEM ALL!!!!!!!!

Oh, well... *sigh*... it looks more and more as if I'm destined to sit by the Geneva pool and sip Daquiri's with little umbrella's... *sigh*...

MAAAANNNN, 'GATHERINGS' ARE HARD WORK!!!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 30 2004 :  09:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh yeah ... YOU were the "somebody else"!

You think you can lift those Daquiris????? Don't work TOO hard!

Kate

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - May 30 2004 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, having 'considered'... PLEASE! I DID consider! after having primed all m' buddies to keep their eyes peeled for those 'legless and shoulderless' critters, I SHOULD really make some attempt to trek... and raft... and march... and WHATEVER!!!! Seems only fair!!

So... *sigh*... better put me down for walking and rafting...*sigh*...

After all, it's been A COUPLE O' YEARS since I used my 'Misty Mate' and 'Glammy Shammy'!!!! They were THE MOST WONDERFUL gifts ffrom my SWEET friend, Di - I have to justify her generousity, don't I?????!!!! OKAY - NOW I MEAN B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S!!!!!!! *digging out 'trekking' boots*

Hey, if Cora can do it, *I* can do it!!! Harrrummmph!!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - May 30 2004 :  11:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Like I told someone else, you can always just hitch a ride in a raft and not do any paddling. The water levels should be way up this year - in comparison to 2002. Don't think Ducks will be necessary! Think about that. I'll paddle overtime for you!

I'll consider that.

Theresa

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - May 30 2004 :  8:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kate

Well, having 'considered'... PLEASE! I DID consider! after having primed all m' buddies to keep their eyes peeled for those 'legless and shoulderless' critters, I SHOULD really make some attempt to trek... and raft... and march... and WHATEVER!!!! Seems only fair!!

Well, Kate, m'friend, since I'm signed up for everything ALONG WITH you I will do my best to help you through all the trekking and rafting and marching I personally can handle!!!
My only physical consideration is a game left ankle left over a bad sprain last fall, but so far it's been holding up okay. I'll have ace bandages and etc. along in case it starts going South...but rest assured SHOULD it give me any problems and SHOULD ye have need of leaving off some of the activities, I'll be right there hoisting liquid refreshments with ye! After all, there's NOTHING wrong with either of my arms...

can't wait to see any and all of you regardless of physical condition!!!

Christina aka Red

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Kate

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - May 31 2004 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have nothing but ADMIRATION for a girl who understands about prioritising and putting HEALTH first!! Christina - I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK, m'dear!!!

Okay... if *I* can't hold up to all the trekking and stuff, YOU help me out. If *your* ankle goes South, I help you back to civilisation... and drinkie poo's at the bar! *spittin' on palms'... it's a DONE DEAL!

Boy, have WE got this 'Gathering' stuff sussed!!

Kate

~ Celtic Wisdom

HuronHarpie
Pathfinder

USA

August 01 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 31 2004 :  8:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't believe it is just a few weeks away. Can't wait to see you all again. Russell and Pearl are excited about coming too. We'll be at Sun Dance in South Dakota right before we head to the Mohican Hills, so speaking for myself, I will be very mellow (if you believe that, well.......)
See ya soon,
Ros

Rosalinda Haddon

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - May 31 2004 :  8:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Ros.

So good to hear from you. We're all anxious to see you too! Have a wonderful Sun Dance experience - and safe travels to you!

Jayne

ardensgal
Pathfinder

June 12 2002

Posted - June 01 2004 :  9:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ardensgal an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am sorry for not keeping you all posted..
Eric s continuing to improve... Getting off medications was a struggle for him.. but he made it.. The doctor said Eric s his poster child.. using Eric as an example to other patients. Erics now driving motorcycle, and all the crazy stuff! We will see you Sunday half day (Breakfast), Monday all day, Wednesday for whitewater rafting, and all day Friday..

See u all then

Kate

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - June 01 2004 :  9:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
SHARON!! HOW GREAT TO HEAR TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

And... that's just TERRIFIC that Eric is doing so well!!! But - MOTORCYCLE?????? Tell him to put that thing down until he's properly healed!!!!

And you - how are YOU doing? Can't wait to see you guys!!

See you soon!
4-3-4!

Kate

~ Celtic Wisdom

ardensgal
Pathfinder

June 12 2002

Posted - June 02 2004 :  10:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ardensgal an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

You all can FUSS at him... !!!!

We are fine, just exhausted, but fine.. Look forward to see you allll!!!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: My favorite photo Topic Next Topic: The UN-Gathering 2003, Part IV  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.63 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07