The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/19/2024 6:37:34 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 My Weekend at Tom Feely's
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: My Review on the Alamo Topic Next Topic: ~My New Alamo Drawings~  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - August 20 2004 :  10:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My weekend at Tom Feely's

All photos are copyright to ©Alamo Sentry. The diorama belonging to Thomas F. Feely Jr. and the photos provided by Mike Boldt.

In early May I received an invitation from Thomas F. Feely Jr. to come to his Alamo gathering. So, after some planning me and my father got on a plane to Pennsylvania. We stayed at my aunt's house from the 12th to the 16th, and on the 14th we drove through the beautiful hillsides of Pennsylvania to Tom Feely's place.

Here is Tom and his great wife Nancy, the hosts of the party.

Here is Murray Weissman and Tony Pasqua discussing Dela Pena. Murray and Tony were two great guys.

Here is Tony Pasqua and Don Vicaro preparing for some 'Alamo Blues'.

A photo design Mike Boldt made using a photo of himself, Murray Weissman, Tony Pasqua, and Don Vicaro.

Here I am in buckskins and a coonskin cap singing "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" with Mike Boldt, Phil Milani, Murray Weissman, Tom Feely, Tony Pasqua behind me, Rod Timanus, and Ed Dubrovsky and my father at the far right filming.. This was my singing debut, but it was a great time.

Here is my father playing John Lee Hancock as he films us singing The Ballad of Davy Crockett. With Mike Boldt and his great talent with the guitar and Tony Pasqua with his great talent on the keyboard, we had a great time singing about one of our heros of the Alamo.

This is before the group gathered and before Tony Pasqua put my coonskin cap and Tom Feely put a buckskin coat on me. This was hilarious as at some points we were off tune, but it was a spirited moment in the party. It was a great time.

Here is my good friend Mike Boldt playing the guitar. As the party got started Mike and Tony played some good hits and some Alamo songs. Everyone enjoyed their music and it was a great addition to the party. Except for the fact William Chemerka couldn't make it, because of a problem within the family...we continued on as if he was there with us. Hopefully, if I make it to another gathering I will be able to meet William Chemerka as me and my father were looking forward to.

Here's Mike, Tony, and Don playing their instruments as the party gets started.

As the Alamo Blues Band plays a couple of familiar Alamo pieces, we begin to sit down at the deck to listen and await 'Maine Lobster' that Ed Dubrovsky helped round in.

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 20 2004 :  10:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Mike Boldt, Murray Weissman, Tony Pasqua, and Don Vicaro singing some Alamo hits.

Here I am with my father, with an Alamo preview disc playing behind us. I am holding up a target of Santa Anna where earlier that day we had the "Big Mason Rifle Shooting Contest." Never having fired a weapon in my life, I got 2 dead centers and one 12 o'clock above the center. I left the guys speechless, leaving Tom scratching his head as he looked at the second shot and hearing Ed Dubrovsky yell "Somebody kill that kid". All in good humor and good fun. :)

Here's a scan of the target. That is me dead center, my father far left, and the others with their marks. Let it be known that noone missed the targets and we all had fun playing the part of Crockett, Boone, and all our frontier heroes.

Another shot with the Alamo preview disc in the background.

Here I am with Mike Boldt, who was a very funny and great guy. I'm dressed up as a defender of the Alamo, because earlier Tom Feely took a few shots of me outside of his house as he plans to turn me into a miniature defender and will add me with a few Alamo Society Members on the Northwest corner of his new Alamo diorama "The Battle of the Alamo."

Here is a closer shot of me, the photo having been covered in a brown sephia tint. I am holding Tom Feely's rifle in the shot.

After the shots with Tom and using Ed Dubrovsky as a nearby Texian for reference, I came back into the house for some photos. Here I am with Tony Pasqua. Tony was a great and funny guy. During the day he showed me his portfolios of Alamo memoribilia, which I really enjoyed.

And here we are...most of us anyway. You can see Tom Feely and Nancy, Tony Pasqua and Linda, Mike Boldt and Nancy (also called Ellen; see Mike I do reMember!),Don Vicaro and MaryAnn, Phil Milani and his wife Joanne, Allen Dillon and Wade Dillon, Murray Weissman and his wife, and Ed Dubravsky and his wife. I wasn't familiar with all of the names, but the others I do know are Raymond cruz, Charles Goolsby, Rich Range, and Raymond Cruz. Feel free to provide the other names.

And the same photo in a nice sephia brown tint.

After the party, I convinced my father and aunt to let me stay overnight since we were only an hour or so drive from one another and so I did. Having seen the Battle of the Alamo diorama and Tom Feely's workshop I slept in their library on a very comfortable air-bed that Nancy took her time to set up for me.I woke up early on Sunday the 15th listening to Tom Feely discussing why Bruce Winders and the head of DRT wouldn't allow his new diorama in the Alamo. So, I walked to the kitchen where Mike Boldt, Tom Feely, Ed Dubravsky, and a few others sat at the table. Mike was surprised I woke so early, but I wanted to. So, we talked and looked at the diorama and workshop again.

After Ed left, then Mike left, then Tony, it was me, Tom and Nancy on the porch waving goodbye I turned and said to them "We're the last defenders of the Feelymo" and they laughed. So, we walked back in. With it being a couple of hours before Nancy would drop me off with my aunt and father, I sat at the table with Tom as Nancy fixed us a nice batch of hotwings. Me and Tom spoke and it was a great time to get to know him better. We spoke about the Alamo, at how my figure may look in the diorama beside the others, and I thanked him for the posters and books he signed for me along with the treasures Mike Boldt and Tony Pasqua handed me. After an hour or so, I

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 20 2004 :  10:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Battle of the Alamo: A diorama by Thomas F. Feely Jr.©
Photos courtesy of Mike Boldt and Tom Feely

These photos may not be copied anywhere else, but Alamo Sentry.

(Note: The diorama is not finished. This is not the final piece!)

Here is Mike Boldt, Tom Feely creator of this masterpiece, Murray Weissman, and me Wade Dillon.

Here is Tom Feely, Tony Pasqua, me Wade Dillon, and Murray Weissman. Tom, who I had a tendency of calling Mr.Feely alot, points out the details of the coral area.

Assault from the East towards the Northwall. Actually being able to see this in person, being one of the first people to see it this way, was just amazing.

Assault on the Northwall.

Assault on the Northwest corner. If you look you will see Alamo Society Member Murray Weissman in the coonskin cap taking down 2 soldados over the wall.

Alamo Society Members as they make their last stand at the Northwest corner. This was simply an amazing part of the diorama.

Another shot of the Alamo Society Members. Here is where I will be placed as a miniature along with William Chemerka and a few others. I will be behind the figure of Ed Dubrovsky, the defender in the red shirt firing a pistol.

Here I am beside Mike Boldt. This is the costume I wore as Tom Feely took photos of me for reference when he makes the figure. It will be such a great feeling to be immortalized on this amazing piece and to be able to point out "There I am with the other Alamo Society Members."

A look from the abatis towards Crockett's position.

A closer look at David Crockett's boys.

A look at the southwall.

A nice angle shot. Mike Boldt had to get atop a ladder to get this. This is truly an amazing piece of work. Alot of time, research, and dedication went into this. I was glad to have seen this amazing diorama and I have nothing but thanks to Tom Feely for inviting me to the gathering.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 21 2004 :  1:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a great time you must have had! They sound like a very welcoming bunch of people (kind of like those in Mohicanland). Maybe the next Alamo gathering could be held at the Dillonmo -- I'm sure everyone would love to see it. And maybe you'll be able to make the next Mohican gathering, and give Rich a run for his money in the shooting competition.

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama
  Previous Topic: My Review on the Alamo Topic Next Topic: ~My New Alamo Drawings~  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07