The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/26/2024 12:57:42 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Towne Crier's Square
 The loss of our good friend Scott Bubar (aka Sikandur)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Weve Been Spammed!! Topic Next Topic: Gaming Alert!!!!!!
Page: of 3

Thomas MacDonald
Pathfinder

Angel 3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 09 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas MacDonald's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is with great sorrow, and a heavy heart, that I bring you the news of our good friend Scott Bubar's passing !

I received the following e-mail from Scott's son , Jonathan ( his pride & joy) and its contents left me stunned and saddened.

"Hi Tom,
For the several past months my father has been in poor health. I recently finished a vacation with my father in Maine where his health was increasingly deteriorating. On August 24, my father died of heart failure. It was my father's wishes that I would inform the members of sword forum if he ever died. I was hoping that you, Tom, would be able to relay this message to the members of the forum. I am sorry for putting this burden on your shoulders, but at the present time I am having trouble registering with sword forum. I am also unaware as to where on the forum my Dad has posted. Once again I apologize for putting this burden on you, however I would really appreciate it if you could inform the members. -- Thank You, Jonathan Bubar"

My reply to Jonathan & Family :

Dear Jonathan

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad .... this comes as a real shock !
Please express my deepest condolences to your family, and of course to you, his pride & joy!
(he spoke to me often about you, as I did with him about my daughter Rachel, he was very very proud of you!)

I will of course notify his Forum friends on Sword Forum, NetSword, MyArmoury, and the Mohican boards, to which he was such a great contributor & friend !

I feel honored that you asked me to do this for Scott !

Your Dad was a very special man .... I'm glad that I had the chance to speak with him on the phone a few times, share many a good e-mail, and of course the hundreds of Forum discussions ! ( Scott always raised the most interesting questions, and usually found the answers before most of us :-)

He will be missed ....
Rest in Peace, my friend, the pipes will lead you home !

Please keep in touch, Jonathan ! -- Thomas aka Mac

God Bless you, Scott ! Your friend, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 29 2004 :  10:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh my God ... this is terrible, terrible news. I am literally in shock - and trembling - as I read & write.

At a loss ...

Scott ... Rest in Peace, Friend. I will miss you greatly. I had no idea you were in poor health. I will pray for your soul.

Will also notify Elaine - she was quite fond of your dry wit & your fellowship.

The lack of your presence here will be felt.

Thank you Thomas & Jonathan for passing on this very sad news. All his family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Long may you run, Scott!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Thomas MacDonald
Pathfinder

Angel 3
USA

November 09 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  10:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas MacDonald's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here are links to boards that I placed this message, concerning Scott !
If anyone knows of any other places that should be notified please let me know !

Peace, Mac

NetSword:
http://netsword.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002257.html

Sword Forum:
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=436046#post436046

Mohican Board:
http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2542

myArmoury:
http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=2182

Viking Sword:
http://www.vikingsword.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002468.html

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  10:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scott is gone????? I can only echo Rich's thoughts -- that is shocking, terrible news. It doesn't seem possible. Through his presence here, he seemed so vital and vibrant. And if we who never even met him in person feel his loss so deeply, think how his family and friends must be missing him. Sad, sad news.

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  11:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am really sad to hear of Scott's passing. I always loved reading his posts. Scott, you will be missed!!!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  12:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My condolences to Scott's family. His presence will certainly be missed!

Stephanie

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  12:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My sincere condolences to his family!
I am so sorry to hear about Scott's passing.
May he rest in peace.
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  1:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scott was a witty, intelligent and well-mannered gentleman who brought a great deal to this online community, and he will be sorely missed. My sincerest condolences go to his family and friends.

As a little reminder of his wonderful humour, here is Scott's contribution to the Lions Den topic 'Should Gay Marriages Be Legal?'

27th February 2004, 07:04:
"I think I'll just sit on the fence."

27th February 2004, 09:59:
"My butt.
It was getting a bit sore up there on the fence.
Sarge needn't have worried though. There was plenty of room.
And the view was excellent."

17th March 2004. 11:24:
(After posting the ten commandments)
"I don't see anything about homosexuality or gay marriage in there. Unless it's that bit about coveting your neighbour's ass."

That is the way I will remember him.....

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  1:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like all of you, I am in shock and so saddened by this news. Scott will be missed, his wit and humor and intelligence added so much to this family. May God wrap his family in His arms...Go in peace, my friend.

Theresa

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  1:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As Rich wrote, I can't believe what I have just read. I am shocked and devastated to hear that this wonderful person has gone and I have had to read Thomas's post two - three times, to take this in.

Scott had been a regular Board poster for many years and I have soooo enjoyed reading his comments, thoughts and his witty repartee. Always his thoughts were well organised, intelligently put together, and usually ‘toned down’ with humorous comments that took the sting out of any disagreement he might feel with others’ ideas. Scott was a lovely, generous man, with a great personality and I can’t remember his ever saying an unkind word to anyone. Beautiful people such as Scott are indeed ‘a breed apart’.

Scott’s presence here on the Board will be sorely missed. But I believe that someone so vibrant, so full of life, doesn’t truly leave us. He’s here with us even now… watching and reading - and commenting…

So read this, Scott! We’ll so miss you! We grieve for the loss of you, our friend! We’ll miss your comments on life, history and the pursuit of the ideal re-enactment garb! But while folks come over here to ‘talk’, read, or ‘find something out’, your input will always be here and those that read it will ALWAYS get some good advice, some good info, or some good, pertinent thoughts regarding world politics.

“Great Spirit and Maker of All Life: A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the Council fire of his people. He is Scott, our brother… tell him to be patient and one day we will join him at the great Council fire.”

God bless your family, and give them strength to get through these dark days. GOD BLESS YOU, SCOTT!!! Rest in Peace, dear friend.

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  2:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So long, friend, may you rest peacefully. Thanks for being you......

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Farewell, and may God welcome you into His Kingdom with open arms. I'll pray for your family's peace here on Earth, and for your journey beyond it.

Till we meet again, on the other side...

The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  3:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rest in peace Scott-We will all miss you.Condolences to the Bubar family and friends.

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  4:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is terrible news. I will miss Scott greatly. My condolences to his family and friends.

OH HAI!
Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly.
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - August 29 2004 :  6:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am grateful for the time we had to get to know Scott. His manner was admirable, I hope I learned something from him.

Sjt. Malcolm MacWilliam
Pioneer

September 11 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  6:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Highlanders echo all thoughts of sympathy and condolences. I met Scott at White Plains reenactment....let's see....3 or 4 years ago. He came through the kitchen area and was asking for me and was finally directed to our fire. We spoke briefly, and the impression I had was of a good man whose beliefs were on the right path. I, too, enjoyed reading his posts. He will be missed in Mohicanland.

Malcolm

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - August 29 2004 :  7:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A sad day for all. Condolences to his family.

daire

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2004 :  11:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
N-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!! This cannot be!!!! Not Scott!!! Who will I banter with about the properties of bear grease as a pomade, or about lavendar water and grandmas, or about "little Ioan"????

I am so deeply saddened. I have no idea what he looked like, or how old he was, or anything about him... only that I always looked forward to his posts because I knew they would be intelligent and thought-provoking and would always make me laugh with delight. I cannot imagine Mohicanland without him. It will never, ever be the same.

Mr. Scott "Yangese"... as you were dubbed by Lainey... I will truly miss you.

Joyce (aka WW)

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 30 2004 :  06:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes ...

Always, when someone leaves here, there is the hope that they will someday return. Not this time.

To my knowledge, Scott is the first Mohicanlander to pass away.

He was a fine man! He will leave a void here, as I am sure he will everywhere he has traveled in this life.

Kurt
Mohicanite

The Old Trapper
USA

September 27 2003

Posted - August 30 2004 :  07:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will miss his wisdom and gentleness. My condolences to his family.

Yr. obt. svt.
Kurt

Thomas MacDonald
Pathfinder

Angel 3
USA

November 09 2002

Posted - August 30 2004 :  08:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas MacDonald's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Joyce

Scott was in his early 50's, and lived in the New England state of Connecticut
(I live in Massachusetts so we had that NE bonding thing going ;-)
Although he once told me what he did for a living I cannot for the life of me remember? (perhaps his son will remind me)
But whatever he did his intelligence was apparent, and covered a wide range of subjects!
This past year he added this avatar to his postings, which carried the image name of minime3 (I can only assume it is indeed Scott)
He used to joke about his hair loss,so the hat would seem appropo ;-)

I will miss him alot, Mac

quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

N-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!! This cannot be!!!! Not Scott!!! Who will I banter with about the properties of bear grease as a pomade, or about lavendar water and grandmas, or about "little Ioan"????

I am so deeply saddened. I have no idea what he looked like, or how old he was, or anything about him... only that I always looked forward to his posts because I knew they would be intelligent and thought-provoking and would always make me laugh with delight. I cannot imagine Mohicanland without him. It will never, ever be the same.

Mr. Scott "Yangese"... as you were dubbed by Lainey... I will truly miss you.

Joyce (aka WW)

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 30 2004 :  08:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the pic & info, Thomas ...

I believe Scott was my age, which would make him 52, or thereabouts.

Dumb question, maybe ... wish I'd have asked it sooner ... but, is this Scott?

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - August 30 2004 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am so sorry to hear of Scott's passing away. He and I exchanged private messages and he was patient enough to explain to me what "Aim small, miss small" meant. He will be sadly missed.

Thomas MacDonald
Pathfinder

Angel 3
USA

November 09 2002

Posted - August 30 2004 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas MacDonald's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Richfed

Not sure about that one, but there is a certain likeness *g*
(his avatar pic, with the hat, kinda reminds me of Truman Capote ;-)

By the way ... Scott listed "Health Care" as his Occupation,in his profile at myarmoury.com

I noticed Scott posted a few times on Swordforum on Aug 24th(which was the day Jonathan said he died), so 'ol Scott was working & helping out right till the end !

Mac

Mac

quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Thanks for the pic & info, Thomas ...

I believe Scott was my age, which would make him 52, or thereabouts.

Dumb question, maybe ... wish I'd have asked it sooner ... but, is this Scott?

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 30 2004 :  09:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Goodbye to a fine, fine, MohicanLand Gentleman! I would echo all that everyone has said and reading everyone's thoughts and memories of Scott has made my sniffily cold that much more sniffily!

I will miss very, very much rushing to see Scott's point of view on various topics. A great loss for MohicanLand and for his family and friends! My thoughts and prayers go out to them!

WE'LL MISS YOU SCOTT!!!

GG

Doc M
Great Quack Healer of the Frontier

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - August 30 2004 :  12:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm so shocked and saddened to hear this. I always enjoyed Scott's
wise and witty Board postings, and I'll miss him.

Doc M
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Weve Been Spammed!! Topic Next Topic: Gaming Alert!!!!!!  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.52 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07