The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 5:48:16 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Looking For the LOTM Movie Poster?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Who turned out to be braver?  Cora or Alice? Topic Next Topic: Something in me..  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 30 2004 :  05:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

... it is now available here: LOTM mini-Movie Poster

This is an oft asked for item, and purchasing it through this link gives the Web Site a bit of a boost.
report to moderator

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - September 30 2004 :  08:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is another poster that's hard to find - especially one that is truly "poster size" (meaning larger than 11 X 17). One poster company I contacted said they would be happy to try to locate an original for me - but the cost was going to be well over $100!!! So if you could somehow manage to get the rights to sell reproductions of this poster, lots of folks would LOVE to get their hands on one of these, as well. I'm certain of that!

Image Insert:

12.62 KB

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - September 30 2004 :  09:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dr. Uncle Mark here.....writing on Many Flags' mail....Well, I was a lucky one....when the movie came out on video I went to the local video shop and asked if I could have the poster when they were finished. I've had it hanging on my wall in my office ever since. I have always put it on the back of my door (DDL with weapons and all in a school, etc., etc.).... So, when the door closes for any reason there is Hawkeye, weapons in hand, staring at the person who is in closed conference with me. Hooooo AHHHHH!! Pax Aye! Dr. Uncle Mark

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - September 30 2004 :  8:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holey, moley!! I have one of the big ones. I think I got it at a gathering a few years ago. $100! That'll teach my husband to scoff at my collections!
Chris

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - October 01 2004 :  07:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye, Dr. Uncle Mark has the large one also...the one on the back of his office door.....Many Flags

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 01 2004 :  08:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm...for some reason, the picture of the poster that I tried to upload from my PC didn't appear in my last post! Rich, what did I do wrong???

It was a picture of the "other" LOTM poster, which was the one used to promote LOTM prior to its release. It has a closeup of Hawkeye's face against a dark background & to the right are the words,

DANIEL
DAY
LEWIS

The
first
American
hero

THE LAST
OF THE
MOHICANS

I remember that the gift shop at Chimney Rock had one just like it on display for many years.

I was bidding on an unframed version of this poster on e-bay several months ago & I had the high bid just prior to going out of town for the weekend. Imagine my disappointment when I came home & discovered I had been outbid! The winning bidder was named "Karen" & I have reason to suspect that this could be our very own Karen from right here in Mohicanland!

Someone else on e-bay was selling one of these original posters a while back, which had been framed by the folks from 20TH Century Fox & was a real collector's item. Unfortunately, I had to drop out of the bidding when it became too rich for my blood & I believe the winning bid was in the neighborhood of $200!!!!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 02 2004 :  07:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There you go, Diane ... It was the "." after the "B" in your name. Oh, the little things!

As fate would have it, that poster is also for sale! See: The Poster Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 02 2004 :  11:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
If we buy a poster, then that helps this website out financially, doesn't it? Let's not forget that buying the expanded edition of
"On The Trail Of The Last Of The Mohicans" helps keep this website going. http://www.mohicanpress.com/authors_expanded_edition.html
Also, over at the Studigroup, they are selling autographed copies of Wes and if you mention this website, then Carter will donate $5.00 from the sale of the photos. Let's not forget that if we don't want a poster, photo, or book, then we can also just make a donation to Rich to help with the upkeep of this site. Wouldn't it be terrible if we didn't have this wonderful site to go to when we want to learn something or just talk to a friend? If we all donated five or ten dollars, then Rich wouldn't have anything to worry about. Right Rich? I think that this site is definitely worth supporting!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - October 12 2004 :  12:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess I'm a little late. The item (poster) is no longer available through AllPosters.com

What you give of yourself is priceless.
  Previous Topic: Who turned out to be braver?  Cora or Alice? Topic Next Topic: Something in me..  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07