The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/29/2024 4:10:47 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 2006 Gathering Attendees???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: 2006---A Good Time Was Had by All ! Topic Next Topic: Last minute Gathering STUFF
Page: of 4

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 17 2005 :  1:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, who all thinks that they will be able to attend the 2006 Gathering? This will help out if we kind of get an estimate. You don't have to commit to anything right now, but if you think that you might be able to be there next June, then let's hear from you!!! I will keep a list of everybody that might be able to make it. Remember, it will be the third week of June.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 17 2005 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I plan on being there. Nothing like watching the British surrender to the French on the big screen.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 17 2005 :  2:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz,
I have you down on the list. Will Cindy be coming too?

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 17 2005 :  2:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will be there!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 17 2005 :  2:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
I have you down on the list. Will Cindy be coming too?

Probably to the things held at night, like the movie, SOTR, but not during the day.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 17 2005 :  2:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Diana,
I've got you down. Actually, I had you down before you even said anything.

Fitz,
Okay, just wanted to know whether to list her as an attendee or not, so since she will be there at night time events, I will put her down too.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 20 2005 :  6:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
COUNT ME IN! ....... I can't break my record!

Thanks, Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 21 2005 :  8:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've got ya down Donna. I was pretty sure that you would be there, but it is always good to have it confirmed.
So far the list is pretty pitiful looking. Come on and let us know if you think that you might be able to attend The Gathering next year.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 22 2005 :  09:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kay,
Of course count me in!
In addition, please put down the Thomas family as potential new Gatherers. This will be 2 or 3 people. They've been wanting to come for a long time and we discussed it recently and they are still interested. They have limited internet access so I'll keep them updated, but go ahead and put them down on the list!
Thanks!
Steph

ardensgal
Pathfinder

June 12 2002

Posted - October 22 2005 :  1:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ardensgal an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We will be there too..

Sharon and Eric Hurley

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 22 2005 :  4:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kay,
Of course count me in! In addition, please put down the Thomas family as potential new Gatherers. This will be 2 or 3 people. They've been wanting to come for a long time and we discussed it recently and they are still interested. They have limited internet access so I'll keep them updated, but go ahead and put them down on the list!
Thanks!
Steph

Steph,
I have you down already, but I only have you listed as Stephanie, because I don't know your married name. I guess that I should know it, but all that I can remember is your maiden name. HELP!!! I will put the Thomas family down too. Thanks!

We will be there too..

Sharon and Eric Hurley

Sharon and Eric,
I've got y'all down.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Teri
Pathfinder

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 23 2005 :  08:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Teri's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stan & Teri Golden from FL hope to be there in June.

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 23 2005 :  1:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The third week in June...does that mean the week of June 11-17, or 18-24?

For us Yankees, school gets out mid-June (as long as we don't have too many snow days).

As it is, I plan to be there, but the last day of school is June 15! So, I might only be at part of the Gathering, but hey, I'll take what I can get?

Any clarification on the dates?

Thanks!
Nancy

Hawkeye29045
Lost in the Wilderness

October 23 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  3:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would like to know more about the planned 2006 gathering and whether it is open to newcomers. My wife and I are LOTM fans and shoot muzzleloaders at the FBR Range in Asheville where you have held some events in past years. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  3:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, I was kind of curious about that myself. If newcomers were allowed or not.

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 23 2005 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not only allowed BUT WELCOME to join in!!!

We'll have more info...um...SOON! Rich is taking a break this year as planner extraordinaire and some of us old die-hards are fumbling through things.

*ahem* Lady Ann, if you read this your email hasn't been getting through - could you PM Stephanie with an update? We've been trying to reach you!

We were all "new" once! Except for Donna, Rich, Eric, and Sharon - they have been here (at Gatherings) forever!

Questions? - ask 'em!
Wanna be on the list? - Just say "count me in"!
Gettin' anxious? Pweeeeease be patient with us virgin gathering planners!

GG - MohicanLand bound in June!!!!

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wish I could attend, but you know the whole school thing kinda gets in the way.
Sigh.

Hawkeye29045
Lost in the Wilderness

October 23 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  6:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, put us on your list and we will put you on our calendar and we'll be looking forward to learning more about what you have planned.

Hawkeye & Dee

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 23 2005 :  9:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Based on previous discussion among the "newbie" Gathering planners, I think the concensus is the weekend of June 16, 17, 18. It most likely will include the Thursday before that weekend as well, but I doubt we are looking at another week-long event. Basically we still haven't decided how many days it will be, but we pretty much agreed to base it around that weekend, not the later one. It seems to have worked for most in the past, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And to the new folks who have never been before: WELCOME! I have to share my first Gathering story here... I left home at around 4am, alone and driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the dark to roundevous with people I'd never met before except online. SCARY! Well, from the minute I stepped out of my car I felt like I had known these people a long time. They weren't strangers, Miss Munro. I can almost guarantee that you will feel as welcome as I did and if you love the movie as much as we do, you'll have a great time. Please continue to visit the website for furthur updates regarding reservations, cost, lodging, and more sundry details.
Oh, Emily, not sure how far away you live, but if you have school but have the weekend free, do try to join us. You don't have to attend every single event. It's kind of an a'la carte thing... you can come just Sat. and Sunday if that's all you can do. Many of our Gatherers don't attend every event on the schedule, so do what you can!
Steph

ddlfan
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

June 24 2002

Posted - October 24 2005 :  4:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Count me in, depending on dates. I'll probably be bringing someone, too.

Thanks!
Sarah Zentner

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 24 2005 :  6:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sarah!!!!!! (((()))) It will be great to see you!
Okay Kay, add two more. I got an email from the Lamberts, party of 2, from Colorado, and they are planning to come as well. They are previous gatherers from 2001!

Steph

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - October 24 2005 :  7:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stephanie, thanks, but I live way out in Western Ky. And I am taking some college classes this summer. Don't think I'll be able to make it. Dang. Sounds like a crap ton of fun though. Wish I could come. Really bad. But, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Sob.

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - October 25 2005 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, Hello Everyone!
It is with great dismay, that I don't think the Sweetser Sisters will be able to attend the 2006 Gatherings....I think, however, it will enable a very quiet, thoughtful, and peaceful Gathering! For all of the newcomers, please, as it has been stated, this one's for you! We were all new once, don't be afraid. No ax murders or what-not! You'll have a GREAT time! (even if *we* aren't there to provide the comic relief; someone will!)
already regretting not being able to be there!
Jo

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2005 :  12:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo

Well, Hello Everyone!
It is with great dismay, that I don't think the Sweetser Sisters will be able to attend the 2006 Gatherings....I think, however, it will enable a very quiet, thoughtful, and peaceful Gathering! For all of the newcomers, please, as it has been stated, this one's for you! We were all new once, don't be afraid. No ax murders or what-not! You'll have a GREAT time! (even if *we* aren't there to provide the comic relief; someone will!)
already regretting not being able to be there!
Jo

HEY JO!!!! <waving like mad woman at the monitor>

Good to hear from you, but "Booooo" that you girls won't get to see me next year! Hope all is well with you and your fabulous sisters!!!

Miss y'all!!

GG

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2005 :  10:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay, I have added Terri and Stan Golden, Nancy Michaelsen (if it doesn't snow ), Hawkeye and Dee, Sarah Zentner and friend, and the Lamberts. Our list is slowly but surely growing.
Jo, I am so sorry to hear that the Sweetster sisters won't be there next year. Y'all are so crazy and sweet!!! Y'all will be missed!!!
Come on everybody, who else might be able to come next year. Knowing how many might be there helps the Gathering planners, so please let us know.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

powerdude
Pathfinder

indian warrior 4
USA

July 05 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 27 2005 :  11:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Send powerdude an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can put myself for that weekend. Looking forward to it. Back to the Bat Cave.

With Honor

Patrick
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: 2006---A Good Time Was Had by All ! Topic Next Topic: Last minute Gathering STUFF  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.69 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07