The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/4/2024 1:13:56 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 The 2006 Gathering Page & the Program Guide!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Gathering update: Nolichucky Topic Next Topic: Major Mike??  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 12 2006 :  7:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Little Blue Smurf visited me today at the Post Office. Great to see you, Steph. You looked great!

She brought me my Gathering T-shirts & stuff - because I was a no-show at the Gathering this year - among the goodies was the 2006 Gathering Program Guide. Excellent, as always, and I was particularly moved by the tribute to dearly departed Dana. Nice, nice touch ...

Anyway, she mentioned to me that some of you had wanted to know if it would be OK to post pictures & the like from this year's Gathering on the web site ... not here on the board, but in the web site's Gathering section. ABSOLUTELY!

So get 'em to Steph, and we will most definitely create a page to display them on! Gives me something to do ... As my coworker said to Steph, "He has no life." True.
report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  9:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I too was moved by the tribute to Dana. Happened upon the page as I was leaving CRP to go to the movie studio, by myself, on June 15th - exactly a year to the day since we lost her! Made the drive a bit watery to see through!

Thanks a bunch Rich for creating a gathering page. I am sitting on MANY rolls of film, hoping to get them back by the weekend on CD.

GG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  10:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still feel bad about that Diana, that I didn't mention it ahead of time. I'm so sorry!!!!
Rich it was great to see you ,too!!! Same ol' Rich! Thank you so much for agreeing to do a Gathering page so we can put our photos in one place. Ok guys, send your CD's or email photos to me and I'll sort through them so we don't have too many duplicates. If you need my mailing adress, email me and I'll send it to you.
Steph

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2006 :  8:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am so looking forward to this year's Gathering page and the photos. Is there anyway to get a "copy" of the Gathering Program Guide posted as well? I would love to see it and the tribute to Dana ...

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 14 2006 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Look forward to seeing ya next time, Rich!

Making our way to the Gathering on Thursday the 15th, Karen & I had lots of memories of the first trip in 2000. Dana was right there in the back seat, same car, same route. Seems unreal in some ways. The memorial was wonderful, Stephanie. I sent a copy to her sister and plan to show her my copy of the program guide when I see her next time. Adele was touched, too. Her words were so perfect.

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 14 2006 :  4:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear Rich:
My husband Brian and I attended this year's gathering. We are told that you are the person responsible for most of the creation of this wonderful experience...gatherings and website stuff. We are disappointed that we were unable to meet you this year....but you can be sure we will be attending again and hope to meet you then. Thank you for creating a place for all the pics of 2006...can't wait to see all of them.
Hello to all our new friends from the 2006 gather. It is scorching hot here in Missouri....and our poor Kansas City Royals still can't seem to win any games. It is so hot our lake feels like bath water.
Anyone coming our way...let us know would love to see any of our new friends.

Love and Greetings
Brian and Carolyn Batliner

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 16 2006 :  06:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2006 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rich! I tried to upload the file from my computer but it wouldn't display... maybe because it's a Word Document that I tried to show as an image? Not sure, but thanks for posting it. I guess you scanned it in? I didn't think of that!
Steph

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2006 :  7:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rich!
That was a lovely tribute...

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - July 23 2006 :  8:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was rather shocked to hear of Dana's passing by reading it in a post-Gathering 2006 thread. Betty and I knew of her health issues as she called us occasionally just to chat. Bout once a year, so we thought nothing much of not hearing from her since last year. She was so "up" and bouncy and animated that last call - talking about things she intended to still do, things she planned. But that was like her, wasn't it? She'd had some tough times before the health issues came up, but you'd never know it from her demeanor. She was always so bright and bouncy. Even during that last talk we had. That talk must have been just before she passed from us. I feel honored that she thought enough to call Betty and I, and talk to us for about an hour each. Never in that conversation did she give a clue that she may leave us. That's our Dana. A balm to our souls, and never a hint of the torments or trials hers may have been going through.

I think I'll go now, and have a good cry. I'm sure where she is, she waits for us, and knows how much we all loved her.

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 24 2006 :  9:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill,

I'm so sorry - I thought for sure you knew. Dana talked about you and Betty nearly every time we got together. She even talked about trying to make a trip up to see you...I think it was in the fall of 2004. Anyway, doesn't surprise me that she didn't talk about her health issues. She was one determined lady!

Jayne

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 04 2006 :  4:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okie dokie, the Gathering Photos are up! Thanks to all who contributed! The 2006 Gathering [mostly] in Pictures!

It was a tad emotional experience ...

PS - Writers Wanted! Contribute at will!
  Previous Topic: Gathering update: Nolichucky Topic Next Topic: Major Mike??  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07