The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/4/2024 10:08:49 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 Fort Loudoun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: State buys Chimney Rock Park Topic Next Topic: Gathering update: Nolichucky  

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - September 15 2006 :  10:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at Fort Loudoun for the annual Trade Faire last weekend. Great event, good people, and better times! If you haven't seen the new construction they have been doing, it is well worth the trip.

But on Saturday, just before noon, Bo Taylor and six or seven of the Cherokee (Tsalagi) from Qualla came and put on a dance like the one at the Mohican Games this year. Only with the added numbers it was like the Mohican Games on steriods! More people, more dances, and a large crowd. I saw Bo and talked with him a minute before they got started, so when he needed somebody from the crowd, I was the first one he picked. Now that was something, and I've got to say it was fun! Maybe this is what they do at Qualla on a regular basis? If so, I plan to make the trip soon.

The rest of the weekend was great, too. The SC Independent Company hosted a nice party in the new commandant's quarters Sat. night, and after it was over, we went to the Beggar and Boar until late, or should I say early the next morning. It made for a rough day on Sunday, but it was fun Saturday night.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator
  Previous Topic: State buys Chimney Rock Park Topic Next Topic: Gathering update: Nolichucky  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.2 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07