Out By The Corner Mailbox
Out By The Corner Mailbox
5/17/2024 6:31:28 AM
Events | Active Polls | Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads | Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend Out On The Corner!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Net IPGate Include
 All Forums
 The Old Neighborhood
 Reminisces
 August 21 & 23 1972, do you remember where we were
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: This Drug Store Had Wheels ... Topic Next Topic: saw Elena in London last week with Ray Davies  

Bean
Still Hangin' At The Mailbox

USA

Posted - August 16 2007 :  02:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richie...
August 21st and 23rd 1972 do you remember where we were? 35 Years ago coming up, where did that time go?

elena
Into the 60's

Posted - August 16 2007 :  4:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit elena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
isn't that when john & yoko performed with elephant's memory at madison square garden?
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Bean

USA

Posted - August 16 2007 :  10:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was around that time but I don't think it was the exact night. Michael and Karen would know they were there...Michaels email is;

stanko@aol.com

richfed
Into the 60's

USA

Posted - August 19 2007 :  6:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm ... i'm not sure. Maybe Jefferson Airplane, etc. at Westbury Music Fair?

Or, were we just sitting on the corner????

Bean

USA

Posted - August 20 2007 :  10:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No...
August 21st, 1972 is when you and I had our adventure driving to Allentown, Pa. for the Kinks and Beachboys at the Allentown Racetrack and we got to help the road crew and were back stage all day...

August 23rd is the best Kinks show I ever witnessed ( and I have seen a few hundred ) at the Wollman Skating Rink ( Schaeffer Music Festival ) Central Park, NYC, remember we got there early in the morning to wait on line all day, I think it was still dark out when we arrived. We had the Muswell Hillbillies emblems on bed sheets and Kenny The Kinks manager let us in to hang them on the sides of the stage...we got to sat up there during the sound check for a while too. Mark little Foch took some great pictures too while on the stage.

richfed
Into the 60's

USA

Posted - August 25 2007 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh I remember that day well! Standing on the stage talking to Mike Love of the Beach Boys was a lot of fun. He was picking out women in the audience he wanted to screw!

I don't think I was at the Central Park show .... I forget. I do remember seeing Poco there ... and running into EmmyLou Harris strolling through the park ... and Jo Jo Gunn [Spirit offshoot] ... and running into Jay Ferguson on the subway after the show. Those were the days, my friend; we thought they'd never end ...

elena
Into the 60's

Posted - August 25 2007 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit elena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rich,

Remember when a group of us went into the city to a concert and afterwards I fainted on the subway on the way back home?

What concert was that?

Bean

USA

Posted - August 25 2007 :  3:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the subway incident.but not who we were seeing. Also remember Jo Jo Gunne very well, still have their 2 albums. When Jay was in Spirit thought that was my favorite line up.

Also remember talking with Mike Love and the rest of the guys too...as well as Ray and The Kinks in the dressing room. Do you remember the incident in Ray's dressing room when he found out the white blazer jacket that he wore on stage was stolen? Ray was pretty drunk and I somehow ended up with him down by the dressing rooms and al of a sudden I hear loud crashes and he his trying to kick down the dressing room door with his feet and bare hands after finding out someone stole his coat...well as I entered the room Ray flung a six pack of beer that sailed over my head...The Beachoboys in the next room were wondering what the hell was goinf on...The Allentown Police arrived and wanted to arrest Ray, I remember me and their manager Kenny Jones trying to talk them out of taking Ray away...and lucky for us we did and the show went on....

Yes, those were the days...and we have a lot more exciting, weird, strange and unusual stories that noone would believe like that from where that one came from!

peace & love...Your Bean

are you sure you weren't at Central Park,I could swear you were with Neil, Marc, Ronnie, Cliffy, I'm not sure about Vince and Doofus though? But that kinks show to this day is my all time favorite KinKs show!!! And I have seen a lot as you know, well in to the hundreds.

Remember that Marc and Ronnie made up two big bedsheets with The KinKs Muswell Hillbilly Emblems drawn on them and I got Kenny to let them hang them on each side of the stage for the show. They looked great and could be seen all the way from the back. March or you have pictures of that because they were from that phot lab you use to use that gave you the 2 small pictures with each big one..

Poco did a great show there too, I remember that...

Edited by - Bean on August 25 2007 4:03:35 PM

elena
Into the 60's

Posted - August 26 2007 :  03:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit elena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank-i-yo,

I walked around the Muswell Hill neighborhood a couple of days ago for the first time. Very pretty, leafy green, cozy village. Another time, I was on a bus with a friend, coming home from work, and as we traveled through Muswell Hill, she pointed out a pub the Kinks frequented often, but I don't remember the name of the pub. Do you remember?

richfed
Into the 60's

USA

Posted - August 26 2007 :  09:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elena

Rich,

Remember when a group of us went into the city to a concert and afterwards I fainted on the subway on the way back home?

What concert was that?

HA HA HA!!!! You expect me to remember???? I was probably stoned off my ass. I probably thought you were, too!! Fainted ... stoned ... it was all the same to me!

Rich

What a long, strange trip it's been!

Bean

USA

Posted - August 26 2007 :  10:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elena...there are two pubs in the Muswell Hills area that are part of KinKs history one is the Cissold Arms and the other is the Arhway Tavern so I'm sure it was one of those two you passed by...keep your eyes peeled for Ray in that area, he is out and about a lot. If you do see him say go up to him him casually like he was just anybody on the street not " RAY DAVIES " and tell him you are an old friend of mine from high school back in NY and that I said if you ever ran in to him you should say hi to him for me. Just don't do what Karan Zang did once when I tried to introuduce her to him after a NYC show in the 90's...I wanted to Kill her!!! LOL...she is the same crazy Karen we knew and loved....Hope you are doing well. Andrea's brother is in Londin right now with his girlfriend for a friends wedding...I'm jealous I wish we were there again right now...The annual Kinks fan club meeting is the Saturday after Thanksgiving in one of those 2 pubs I mentioned above. We or should I say I was thinking of going...Andrea wants to visit some place else in Europe this fall though so I really doubt we will be there. ): Keep in touch on here or through regular email...xo Love, krankie the kat

quote:

Frank-i-yo,

I walked around the Muswell Hill neighborhood a couple of days ago for the first time. Very pretty, leafy green, cozy village. Another time, I was on a bus with a friend, coming home from work, and as we traveled through Muswell Hill, she pointed out a pub the Kinks frequented often, but I don't remember the name of the pub. Do you remember?

Bean

USA

Posted - August 26 2007 :  10:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richie,..I'm sure I was pretty out of it as usual that night...Haven't the foggiest idea who we might have seen that night...knowing us it could have been anybody!
your Bean

quote:
Originally posted by richfed

quote:

Rich,

What concert was that?

HA HA HA!!!! You expect me to remember???? I was probably stoned off my ass. I probably thought you were, too!! Fainted ... stoned ... it was all the same to me!

Bean

USA

Posted - August 26 2007 :  10:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all the same to me too...it was one big blur but it sure was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted!!! I wish it could have lasted forever, especially now looking back...

" It's all the Same "....reminds me of that great Spirit song!
  Previous Topic: This Drug Store Had Wheels ... Topic Next Topic: saw Elena in London last week with Ray Davies  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Google Search

Search for: