Out By The Corner Mailbox
Out By The Corner Mailbox
5/17/2024 5:17:29 AM
Events | Active Polls | Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads | Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend Out On The Corner!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Net IPGate Include
 All Forums
 The Old Neighborhood
 Reminisces
 Down By The River ... with Gallo Port!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Richie, do you have these pictures? Topic Next Topic: Halloween, 1992  

richfed
Into the 60's

USA

Posted - March 09 2003 :  07:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of my most vivid "non"-memories!

We were down at the creek with a gallon bottle of Gallo Port wine. 5 of us, I'm fairly certain, but who? Butch was there ... Doc? Bean? Dink? Eddie M.? ... I forget, exactly. Pretty vivid, eh?!?

Anyway, we drank the stuff, then stumbled on back to the mailbox. Butch announced he had more ... so off we - or some of us - went down into his basement. There we swallowed some homemade stuff, courtesy of his grandfather. I must've had more than my share.

Last thing I remember was being on my knees out on Eddie & Roger Makowski's front lawn ... then ...

B - L - A - N - K!

The stories though, are embedded in my brain ...

Like being dragged to McDonald's up on Merrick Road for coffee ... and a cop pulling in, putting a flashlight to my eyes, and searching my arms for needle tracks.

And then, at the very end of the festivities, Doc & Bean tried to sneak me up to my room - right past my mother who had fallen asleep in the living room watching TV, probably awaiting my return home [I can relate now, dear old Mom!]. They stumbled, or dropped me, or both, on the stairway. My mom woke up - startled. And thought for sure I was high on LSD.

So, what else happened that night?

Oh, by the way, to this day, I hate wine!

Rich

What a long, strange trip it's been!

doc
Into the 60's

Posted - March 09 2003 :  10:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Send doc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Louie Dulci was also on that "attempting to sober Federici" expedition. As I recall, Butch was not because he never made it out of his basement. We brought you to McDonalds to attempt to get coffee into you but had a difficult time getting you to stand upright. Of course by then the smell of the homemade port subsided and being that the immediate area in Rosedale was a big drug users hangout, the police couldn't believe that you had only wine dancing through your bodily tubes. I am very suprised that they let us walk (carry) you away.
In the end, although I considered myself a pretty good fast talker, I could not calm your mother. (Frank ran as soon as your mom stirred.) So I left you in a heap on the stairs and rambled on apologeticaly walking backwards with my hands up in a defensive posture while your mother screamed. Essentially, being that we could do nothing more, you were left for dead......either from the grape poison or from your mom. My greatest fear was that she would scream the chant. of death..."JIIIM!!!"

The following morning I remember searching for Eddie M's shoes along Brookville Blvd. I didn't ask then and I will not ask now how he lost his shoes. (It may have been a different morning as there were so many, but it seems to fit right now )

Edited by - doc on March 11 2003 8:34:33 PM
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Ronnie
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - March 10 2003 :  5:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I remember that one too, Doc. Don't remember much of Mom's reaction other than what you already mentioned, but she did eventually beleive (I think?) that no drugs were involved. Of course, I do remember the time she caught my gang in "The shack" doing non-kosher things and called, "JIIIIIIIIMMM!". The funniest part was that all Marc Facci was concerned with was that Mom was stepping on the extention cord causing the light in "The Shack" to flicker on and off!!!

Bean
Still Hangin' At The Mailbox

USA

Posted - March 13 2003 :  4:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What were ever thinking trying to drag Richie up the steps past his Mom when we could barley walk ourselves, and this was at about 1AM in the morning no less and she is sleeping or watching TV on the couch only about 5 feet from the stairs...Doc if I remember correctly we did drop Richie right in the middle of the steps and the loud thud woke Mrs Fed. up and if I ran I had good reason because she was always mad at me for doing something, like when I lit the M80 off right outside her front door and she happened to be up on a short ladder in the house and fell off, or for throwing the football through the living room breaking the Chandelier...
Bean

Edited by - Bean on March 13 2003 4:58:42 PM

Ronnie
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - March 13 2003 :  8:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank...Do you also remember the time when Baby Fats and you (I think) burned down my bird house in my back yard!?!?! We all did some obnoxious things back then (I wasn't a perfect angel, either). Well, I forgive you!!!

Bean

USA

Posted - March 14 2003 :  01:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ronnie,
hmmmmm did I really do that ? If I did I know the bird wasn't in there when I burnt it because as sick as I was ( and still am ) I know I would never harm an animal, other humans maybe but not animals....wait it's coming back to me, I think it was an M80 or Cherry Bomb I put in there right? Ahhhh so that's where those feathers came from that I have been saving all these years ? ! ( just kidding ! )

and speaking of Fire Crackers....I'll save that for a new topic...I'm thinking of Central Park Row boat story !!!!

Bean

Artangus
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - March 14 2003 :  8:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Artangus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can still remember the first night that I got so drunk that I couldn't remember what had happened! It was a fall night I had gone to the Park behind the High School some people were drinking Bonnes Farm Apple Wine (boy was that stuff bad) I had gotten my hands on a pint bottle Southern Comfort! That stuff was so sweet and I figured if it was good for Janis it was good for me! Well I finished it all by my self.. Things got a bit foggy from that point on! I woke up a hour later I was on the other side of the lake all wet looking across at a building burning and the Valley Stream Fire Department putting it out! I got up full of mud and headed home! To this day I can't stand the smell of Southern Comfort!

Live Free Or Die!

Bean

USA

Posted - March 15 2003 :  12:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhhhhhhhhh Boones Farm Apple or....Strawberry Hill,
and if were broke it was a 59cent bottle of Bali-Hi,
and if we had some $$$ and wanted to seduce a girl it was some wine lite Matuse, and if we had big $$$ than it was the Southern Comfort, Tequilla or Jack Daniels, I remeber one afternoon getting so drunk at the Green that I walked up to Merrick Road where the Carvel use to be and picked a fight with the white trash can in front of the carvel and rolled out on to Merrick Rd with it in tow, I forgot who saved me....and if Karen or Michael read this they can recount my teqilla slurping incident in Karen's house that ened up with a loud thud and vomit splattering all over Karen's Mothers upstairs bathroom, I couldn't even stand the smell of teqilla for years after that and evry time I heard the Joker by Steve Miller I relive that day...I had that album in my hand when I walked in to Karens house...
btw I use to love going there so I could sneak in to Karens Grandmothers ajoining apt. and steal her freshly baked Apple Pies....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can smell them now! Of course this usually occurred after we had been smoking some of Arhturs good crap and the munchies set it. btw I still don't think i have ever seen any one eat as much white castle burgers as Arhtur use to up at Whities on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook...

Frank

Edited by - Bean on March 15 2003 12:56:37 AM

neilbeatle
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - May 16 2003 :  02:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Send neilbeatle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
richy, THIS WAS YOUR FEDERICI NIGHT, WHEN WE DECIDED WE WERN'T DOING ANYTHING & i had just came back from vacation so we decided to get drunk at the mailbox. we walked up hookcreek, i stopped by the light at J & S Pizza and a police asked me if I was ok. OH YES!!! Then we were off to McDonalds where you were searched like a herion addict checking your arms for marks. You were so out of it , the sneaking you back up your stairs was a nightmare. Anyway this is all I remember, thank God you were alive!!!!

neil a facci

neilbeatle
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - May 16 2003 :  03:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Send neilbeatle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN I BOUGHT A WHOLE A CASE OF APPLE WINE FOR VARIOUS PEOPLE AT THE VILLAGE GREEN? I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH PROOF (A DRAFT CARD THAT I LENT TO OHN URGO & nEVER WAS RETURNED TO ME). IT WAS PURCHASED AT THAT LIQUOR STORE ON ROCKAWAY AVE(FORGOT THE NAME) HOW WE COULD DRINK SUCH STUFF. I NEVER WAS WILD ABOUT SOUTHERN COMFORT BUT 1 PERSON WAS, KAREN ZANG. IT HAD SUCH AN AWFUL AFTERTASTE AND FEELING THAT TO THIS DAY I DON'T GO NEAR THE STUFF.

neil a facci

Bean

USA

Posted - January 02 2004 :  06:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn, If I rememeber the name of that liquor store because I think it's still there with the same name? ( Polychrome or something or other wasn't it? ) and I don't think Karen was the only one who liked Southern Comfort, besides myself I think Big Arthur was known to knock down some of the stuff frequently, and Doc and McCow too, in fact there wasn't too much any of wouldn't drink was there? (:
Bean

Edited by - Bean on January 02 2004 06:55:27 AM

elena
Into the 60's

Posted - January 04 2004 :  1:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit elena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the name is PolyKron's.

Bean

USA

Posted - January 09 2004 :  10:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elena...I think you're guess is close but not exactly right, I'll check the next time I pass by when I am visiting my Mother next week...
btw I'm still in Jamaica...recovering from Ray Davies near death experience...
I think the kinks should rerecord you really got me as you really shot me !

Bean
  Previous Topic: Richie, do you have these pictures? Topic Next Topic: Halloween, 1992  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Google Search

Search for: