Posted by Sarah on July 30, 1998 at 21:35:55:
Hi all -- those of you who have followed my Soundtrack Saga since I joined you will be pleased to that not one but two of the three CDs I was waiting for arrived yesterday. I really like the music, even if the Promontory lacks the drive, emotion, and soul of the video version. But I'm NOT happy about the order -- who ever heard of sorting movie music by COMPOSER rather than by sequence of music? Very strange.
After careful study and a vacation day, I would like to submit that the music should be in the following order. I know there are some good ears out there -- what are your thoughts?
1. #1 Main Theme
2. #2 Elk Hunt
3. #15 Pieces of a Story (at the Camaron's (sp) at night and next day)
4. #14 The British Arrival (Duncan's entrance in the carriage crossing the bridge)
5. #11 Cora (when Duncan first finds her and while they discuss his "proposal")
6. #12 River Walk and Discovery (at least by name, because to be honest I couldn't place in the movie the first part of the River Walk music on the CD, as that scene opens with the main theme; Discovery appears to be when they find the burned cabin)
7. #4 The Glade Part 2 (Cora and Hawkeye talking at the burial ground -- "Out here, they're beholden to none...")
8. #5 Fort Battle
9. #10 The Courier
10. #3 The Kiss
11. #7 Monro's Office/Stockade (Cora takes on her dad; sheds a tear over Hawkeye behind bars)
12. #13 Parley (French & Brits meet, Monro surrenders)
13. #8 Massacre/Canoes
14. #16 I will Find You
15. #6 Promontory (again, though, not the REAL version)
16. #9 Top of the World ("...Chingachgook, last of the Mohicans" and credits)
Now, I need to find someone who can make me a new CD in the new order.
Post a Followup