Re: Binding cloth????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mohican WWWboard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill R on July 03, 2000 at 14:30:01:

In Reply to: Binding cloth???? posted by Christina on July 03, 2000 at 13:43:47:

Hi Christina,

That is called a "bundling cloth" not a binding cloth. It was used to separate prospective lovers who were courting or "calling" so that they could share private time but NOT be able to "fool around" before marriage. Course, a rascal like Clabert would have had a scissors in his pocket!

Betty sews me up in one every time she leaves town.....

Bill R

: I figure if I can’t find this answer here, it doesn’t exist anywhere. My friend and I went to see “The Patriot” yesterday, and generally liked it (more on that later), but we both are very confused about something. What is that thing called a “binding cloth” or something similar that the woman sews Gabriel into when he is visiting his girlfriend? In all the books or movies I’v e seen from this period of time, I have never heard of something like this. Any enlightenment would help!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mohican WWWboard ] [ FAQ ]