Re: Technical Question RE: DVD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mohican WWWboard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kate on September 29, 1999 at 14:50:26:

In Reply to: Re: Technical Question RE: DVD posted by Danalee Lavelle-Burroughs on September 29, 1999 at 09:13:35:

: TVs made in the last several years have an Svideo jack in addition to the vcr jack. If your technology is older you can still get adaptors as Rich said from places like Radio Shack or most places that sell TVs. I even saw adapters at SEARS when I went looking at DVD players last month. And, before researching, I had assumed 'DVD' meant I had to have a 'digital' TV. Wrong. Just the correct jack or adaptor. Danalee

: : : My TV only has a jack for hooking up the VCR. My VCR, however, has Video In and Video Out jacks. Does this mean I can hook up a DVD player to my VCR and somehow run the DVD player that way? Does anybody know??
: : : This, of course, in anticipation of LOTM DVD release this fall!

: : I could of SWORN that I answered this yesterday! I must never had hit the post button ... Anyway, it's not much of an answer, this DVD stuff being new to us as well! Radio Shack has an adapter for most everything, so if all else fails ... Anyone have a REAL answer?


Hi Joy, Rich, Danalee,

As you say, Danalee, fairly new TV's have a 'Scart' socket at the back, where, I am told, you would connect your DVD player. However, perhaps this is the British equivalent to a 'Svideo' socket? However, your local supplier of DVD players should be able to tell you how to connect them to your TV.

Best wishes,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mohican WWWboard ] [ FAQ ]