Posted by Kate on November 04, 1999 at 20:18:40:
In Reply to: Ready and Waiting Ever So Patiently!! :0( posted by Kate on November 03, 1999 at 19:08:39:
: Yup, like Danalee, I too am ready for the big day!!
: However, after due consultations with 'those in the know' - and my 'financial advisor'! I have gone with the Computer DVD kit and - it is truly great!!! For £120 (roughly $180 but will likely be MUCH cheaper in America) I got the DVD ROM and Decoder card and I have to say, the quality is fantastic!! And it is multi-regional, which is very useful for me. And further down the track, for a few pounds more, I will be able to get a 'Video Capture Card' which will allow me to copy favourite video's onto disc.
: So - here is one very happy bunny!! Roll on LOTM Day!! (Which is also Keith's birthday. I wonder if I could convince him that the DVD kit is my birthday present to him?!! Nah - he'd only want to install it in HIS computer - and I can't have that!!!!! ;0(
: How many days is that now? 'Course it isn't ME counting. (Rich?)
: Take care, all,
Just wanted to let you know that THIS kit I got was only £119.95 - £30 less than the price I was quoted from .Scan - it is x5 rather than the x6 (multi-region) but apparently that makes almost no difference. This kit is 'highly recommended', even over more expensive kits in the shop.
First try-out - 'Star Trek - First Contact' was great! The 'Cube' on 'multi-angle'- amazing!!
The system Requirements are:
* Microsoft Windows 95
* Pentium 133 MHz or higher
* 16MB RAM
* 4MB free hard disk space
* 32-bit PCI slot
* 32-bit PCI-bus Plug and Play Card
* Full MPEG-2 Main Profile/Main Level decoding
* Support Dolby AC-3 5.1-channel surround sound with S/PDIF digital output or downmixing to 2 channels
* 24-bit true color full screen VGA display w/ or w/o windowing function
* Highly compatible with VGA cards.
* Superior quality NTSC/PAL video output
* Backward compatible with MPEG-1 & VCD2.0.
* Support unique Navigation features: Multi-Aspect Ratio, Multi-Language, Multi-Angle and Parental Control, etc.
* Easy Playback Functions such as Fast Forward, Fast Reverse, Pause and Slow Motion, etc.
* Support Microsoft Active Movie & Windows 95
* Optional Remote Control
There you have it. Just a little more info to help in 'the decision'.
Post a Followup