Posted by Rich/Mohican Press on November 21, 1999 at 06:13:29:
This week sees something that we've all wished for ... been WAITING for ... for a long time ... the release of "The Last of the Mohicans" Director's Cut. Coupled with the celebration of Thanksgiving, the week ahead shapes up as a mighty fine one! Wishing you all the best of health, happiness, a delicious meal on Thanksgiving ... and a REALLY good time when you sit down to watch the expanded edition of LOTM for the first time! ENJOY!
Around the Site .... We've been updating & cleaning over the past several weeks, much of it minor things that you may not even notice. This week, in particular, we had our hands full. A good time to re-browse the Web Site, time allowing. Here are the changes/updates for the past week, or so ...
* More thanks extended on our Acknowledgements Page.
* How To Purchase The Book Page - "On The Trail Of The Last Of The Mohicans" (the book) discounted 25% for the next month.
* "Afternoon" added to The Gathering Pages. Now, if you look through the 1999 Mohican Gathering Pages, in sequence, you'll hear "Dawn," "Afternoon," & "Evening" ... a complete trilogy of music that offers some ambiance to these pages.
* Eric Schweig Actor & Artisan Pages updated to reflect his latest professional news. Also, a new mask offered at a GREATLY discounted price to visitors of this Site for a limited time only. We've added a description of this mask (sorry, no pic yet!).
* In the Mohican Musings section, two new pages are added ... One, called "Dispatches From Around The Frontier" is to be an interactive page in the sense that we'll need your eyes & ears to keep it fresh. It will be a collecting area for news & notes related to LOTM, from TV & film to period re-enactments. We begin it with a very interesting little article about the possible re-opening of Cooper's Cave in South Glens Falls, NY. The other is called "Charting LOTM Territory," and will become a road map of LOTM-place names. We've set the page up, but work on it won't begin until after the New Year. Meanwhile, we're collecting the data for the page ... all contributions welcomed!
* LOTM Director's Cut Drive Page updated.
* History Links updated.
* In the Trading Posts ... Newly created Canadian Trader's Northern Trading Post has opened ... featuring the promised Inukshuk earrings. Much more to come. Also of interest, a special auction in the works for a fine painting by a noted artist. Look over the Shoppes in general; 10% off on selected items until Christmas! Killdeer page has minor modifications.
* Six Degrees To LOTM updated.
* The 1999 MohicanLand Christmas Page has been spawned. We've got but a few contributions, so far. Send us yours, we'll add 'em next time. Thanks to all who've sent and promised to send!
* Links To Other Sites updated.
Did I forget anything? Probably! Other fairly recent additions you might want to look over if you haven't yet are the MohicanLand Musical Musings, which, come to think of it, were updated this week (The Phil Cunningham page), and the Colonial Era Photos ...
All these pages can be accessed via the Opening Page, the Mohican Musings Index, and/or The Table of Contents!
Once again, have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!!
Post a Followup