Posted by Rich/Mohican Press on January 16, 2000 at 05:24:59:
Good Morning, All ...
New & Updated This Week:
- Gathering 2000 Page Updated
- Downloadable Sound Files - New file added (also, to the "Script" ... Albany ... Part 1) ... I believe every page of the script now has an accompanying sound clip, other than The Elk Hunt.
- Eric Schweig Adoption Mask Page - Updated with a customer "endorsement" & photo
- Charting LOTM Territory (in the "Musings") - Mohicans place names page, originally suggested by Champ, finally gets under way!
- Clan Tartans (courtesy of Kate!) added to Cameron's Cabin (Night) Page within the script, & the Col. Monro Bio in the "History Section"
- Killdeer Deluxe Rifle price lowered & minor modifications made on the page. Killdeer sales doing VERY well, thank you!
- Six Degrees To LOTM - First reader CONTRIBUTION!
- New Page, in the "Off The Beaten Trail Section," a photo gallery of Posters ... more to be added. New additions welcomed! Sort of an off-shoot of this Board ... just for FUN!
- Links & Unrelated Links updated
So, enjoy your browsing!
As for the 2000 Gathering ... That Page is likely to be updated again at any time. We fully expect the group lodging to be secured this week, the "final" plans made for the opening day (Friday), and the Hawkeye Sash/Chingachgook Choker Raffle details to be in place. So be prepared to reserve your place shortly, if you plan to attend! MMMM will have an announcement soon, as well, regarding the general Raffle & other stuff!
Recently, a writer for Muzzleloader Magazine contacted us in regard to information on Mark Baker for a biographical article in the works. Well, the article is done, approved (by Mark), & submitted ... and it includes a plug for this Web Site. When we hear specific publication info, we'll pass it on.
Several queries posted this week ... no possible scenarios offered ... Those being, Cora's apparent knowledge of weaponry and lack of bullets, and how it came to be that Chingachgook, who jumped through the falls BEFORE Hawkeye, came to come floating down river AFTER ... I've got plausible scenarios for both ... Does no one else want to take a shot(s)??
And one final note regarding a reader's contribution to the Six Degrees Page ... Kevin Bacon is VERY much connected to this Web Site! You see, before moving down here to NC in 1991, I worked at the Sharon, Connecticut Post Office for 3 years. Guess who lived there, at least part time, along with his wife, Kyra Sedgwick??? Yep, Kevin Bacon! Met them both, many times, as they did their postal necessities ... Both VERY down-to-earth, "normal," folks. Had you not seen their faces on the big-screen, you'd never have known they were "celebrities" ... though Ms. Sedgwick was a mere fledgling one at that time! Others who lived there? Jane Curtain, Jane Kaczmarek (who first told me of "Dances With Wolves" being filmed), Frank Oz (of the Muppets, etc.), and others ...
And that's my trivia for the week.
Post a Followup