The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/20/2024 4:17:45 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 BUMPPIN' 'ROUND BUMPPO'S
 The Tales MacWilliam ...
 Chronicles for Sale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Redbud(s)! Topic Next Topic: The Night of Merriment, 1758 - Part 3  

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 13 2002

Posted - September 08 2004 :  1:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of you expressed a desire to have the Chronicles for sale again. We have sold these in the past for $10 for the set of three. And I believe $4 for one of the sets. You can email me off line for more information and I will need your mailing address.
If you are not familiar with the background of the Chronicles, it all started with a post from me on February 27, 2000 called "Morning Dress". Seamus and brother Three Tales got involved and before you know it, the MacWilliam Chronicles were off and running. Rich has posted some separate pages and there are photos that all deal with us lads in the MacWilliam clan and our friends.
As of now, there are three sets of Chronicles. Volume 1, "On to Fort Frederick", the yellow cover, chronicles the lads' adventures across Penn's Woods in 1758 and ends with a meeting at Fort Frederick, MaryLand. Volume 1 sets the stage for the rest of the Chronicles as the authors found their way in relating their tales.
Volume 2, "On to Fort Ligonier! The Camp at the Loyalhanna", the blue cover, is the most serious of the three volumes and follows the lads as they travel from Ft. Loudoun across Penns' Woods to the building of Fort Ligonier. There are many adventures in this one all based on original documentation of 1758. Volume 2 ends with the Battle at Ft. Ligonier in October, 1758 and Seamus's disappearance.
Volume 3, "The Hodgepodge of Adventures", the green cover, starts out serious but soon falls into a comical mystery taking the lads into the year 1759. This volume is a lot of fun and sometimes the lads had to rein in each other as the stories became wild and crazy!
Volumes 2 and 3 have covers of original art by Carlisle artist Scott Meyer.

Now, Volume 4, "This and That, Here and There", the white cover, is being assembled. More stories need to be added, but when it is finished, it will be available for purchase. I am not sure where it will end, but Seamus, brother Three Tales and I will confer about this. We do have ideas for Volume 5, which will be something completely different and will be coveted by all!

Again, if you are interested in Volumes 1, 2, 3 of the Chronicles, contact me off line......manyflags@adelphia.net

pax Aye! Many Flags
report to moderator

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - September 08 2004 :  2:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Volume 4 is being assembled - and Volume 5 'in the works'?????

FABULOUS!!!

...*Okay... where's m' money I had left from the Gathering*...

I'm ready to buy when y'er ready to sell!!!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - September 08 2004 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kate and others....Volume 5 is just in the "planning stage"....Seamus and I have talked at length about the idea for this, but we have to coordinate dates, etc....some new characters will be introduced.....it will be an undertaking. Of course, amber liquid, Guiness and port would help the ideas flow much better (hint!!)......With Volume 4, we just want to clean up some loose ends and bring it to a close in a few months so we can begin Volume 5. I'm glad you are so excited. Sure wish I could deliver volumes 4 and 5 personally to the auld country!! One of these days I will get to Scotland (well, it will probably be Malcolm, not me!! Now, who am I....schizo time...uhh, Ja, Ich heisse Viele Fahnen von Allemaengel.....

Pax Aye! Many Flags

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - September 08 2004 :  5:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Man, I told you not to print so many copies.....I knew Amazon and Barnes & Noble wouldn't be interested, and now we we're stuck with them.

Seriously, folks, if you have not read The Chronicles, you really ought to do so! They explain a whole bunch about us, and I have noticed many new faces here in Mohicanland. Besides, they are daggone good reading! Things are going to heat up in the Allemangel and elsewhere......stay tuned!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Sjt. Malcolm MacWilliam
Pioneer

September 11 2002

Posted - September 08 2004 :  7:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye, listen all ye to cousins Seamus and Many Flags! The beauty of the Chronicles is that they are based on actual happenings, especially during the year 1758 when we were here in Penns Woods, guarding the provincials and gillies as they built Forbes Road, protecting the American frontier and traveling back and forth from Carlisle to Forts Loudoun and LIttleton and Raestown (Bedford), through the Shades of Death to the Loyalhanna where Ligonier now stands. There are even writings about the debacle at Fort Carillon (Ticonderoga)....well, I could go on and on. Ye have all enjoyed watching and discussing the heroics of Hawkeye and his "father and brother" just north of Penns Woods. Well, the Chronicles, esp. volume 2, are based on the actual letters of Col. Henri Bouquet, second to General John Forbes who is buried in Christ Church, Philadelphia. So, if interested, let Many Flags know via that electronic mailing system. Pax Aye. God Save the King!
1st Sjt. MacWilliam, Montgomery's, 77th Reg't of Foote, Grenadier Company

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - September 13 2004 :  8:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This past Saturday I had the honor of purchasing the Chronicles directly from the hand of Sjt. MacWilliam himself. It was a great pleasure to meet you, Serjeant, and I'm glad that we finally managed to bridge the fifteen or so miles between us. I've begun reading the first volume, and Seamus's description of "daggone good reading" is indeed accurate. Thanks for setting out the family relationships early on -- I've gone back to that page several times already! Still not quite clear on those sheep, but . . . onward!

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama
  Previous Topic: Redbud(s)! Topic Next Topic: The Night of Merriment, 1758 - Part 3  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.2 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07