The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 6:58:28 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 2 Days at the Hospital ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: My Contact Info & The Web Site Topic Next Topic: A Personal Update!
Page: of 2

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 27 2013 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Me, too. I wish I had thought to ask him to have Cindy contact Rich. I guess I sort of assumed that she would be in touch.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - January 29 2013 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I came home yesterday, but I am exhausted. Someone tells me that it is due to the meds they use to put and keep you under, and I will take a year to get them out of my system. I sure hope I can beat that. I am cut just about everywhere on my body and that is going to take a long time to heal. But they say I am doing OK. I can't travel for a while due to concerns about flu and pneumonia. And also of some sort of stupid accident that would injure the chest bone. One nurse told me just what could happen and what she had seen, so I will stay at home for at least 8 weeks. Anyway, I am home.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 29 2013 :  3:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HUZZAH!!!!

It's good to hear that you made it through OK, Fitz. I wish I could offer you some words of encouragement on the recovery time, but I don't know anyone who has gone through this. However, Theresa does! I'll alert her that you are home and checked in.

Do follow the doctor's orders, and get well quickly!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - January 29 2013 :  4:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome back Fitz, good to hear & well done. Good to have it over with I'm sure. Now I suppose this means you won't be running in the Boston Marathon this year, ...

you can keep "The Change"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 02 2013 :  12:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sent you a message on Facebook, Fitz. I am so happy to know you made it through. Here's hoping that you feel a little better each day!!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 05 2013 :  06:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Fitz, - it's been almost two weeks now, how are things going??? ...

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - February 05 2013 :  11:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everything seems to be going well except from my right leg. It is still swollen and makes it difficult to walk. They took veins from both legs, but the left one doesn't bother me at all. Once that gets better, I don't see why I can't get out some. I went outside yesterday and that was kind of nice. I will try to walk some today as well. Maybe by summer I can get to Linville?

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 09 2013 :  6:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All's well that ends well! You'll be running amok in no time!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 09 2013 :  6:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking Rich, ...

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - February 09 2013 :  11:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I went to our French Meetup Group for a while on Wed, then drove over to Spartanburg on Thur. to take Cindy's car to a mechanic. Then drove over to Logan's Steakhouse for dinner on Fri. and went to a couple of grocery stores and out for lunch today. The leg is better but still has a way to go. But I have to say I'm feeling a lot better than last week.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 11 2013 :  6:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad to hear things are picking up Fitz, - looks like you might just make a few "events" this summer.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - February 11 2013 :  11:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This summer? I am looking at April at the latest.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 12 2013 :  6:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You supposed to be driving already? Or are you disobeying the doctor's orders?

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - February 13 2013 :  10:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"I don't call myself obedient to much at all."

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: My Contact Info & The Web Site Topic Next Topic: A Personal Update!  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.38 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07