The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/26/2024 10:46:04 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Hawkeye and Cora: "The Kiss"!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: LOTM at the Olympics!!! Topic Next Topic: 20th Anniversary of LOTM at Chimney Rock Park
Page: of 3

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 17 2006 :  3:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah Keira we all do. We can only live in hope that someday Michael Mann will release a DVD with everything that was shot on it. It would sell like hotcakes. Next year is the 15 year anniversary so who knows.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lurking Huron0841
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 17 2006 :  4:58:09 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, next year is also the 250th anniversary of the fall of Ft. William Henry. A release of the entire LOTM movie would be a great marketing tie-in. A pipe dream I've mentioned in these parts before.
Anybody know M. Mann or the folks at Fox?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - May 25 2006 :  8:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have two words to say about it all

WOO_HOO!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Tasblades
Lost in the Wilderness

November 25 2003

Posted - June 02 2006 :  10:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tasblades's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Man...where have i been! :)

Peace

Peace

nekutmeqwanoc
Pathfinder

Fascism
USA

June 10 2006

Posted - June 10 2006 :  6:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think they wanted to go all the way but couldnt.first it would take a while to get all those clothes off.then they are in a fort with people all around and cannon balls and musket balls flying all around.i think there would have been some kissing

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 06 2006 :  07:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spontaneous combustion IMO.

I cant see Hawkeye or Cora for that matter just being satisfied with a kiss, especially since their circumstances were in itself so tenuous. There might never have been another opportunity ... so Woo Hoo all the way!!!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  04:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Tony! I didn't know you haunted over here too!!!

I voted WOOOOOHOOOOOO

You can't tell me with their expressions before, during and after there wasn't more than a kiss.

I thought it was beautifully and tastefully done tho.

Just made you wish your man would do the same....haa haa haaa..... I'm married to an Aussie soldier, I have two chances Buckley's and None!

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 27 2006 :  11:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by nekutmeqwanoc

i think they wanted to go all the way but couldnt.first it would take a while to get all those clothes off.

That's ok, nekut. Slow-mo has always been one of my favorite things!

Do you think they could slow-mo Uncas and Alice
?

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - October 02 2006 :  4:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was most definitely WooHoo folks.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 16 2006 :  9:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a lot of Woo-Hoo'ing going on! Pretty cool that we're all in the same mindset. Or is it just plain scary?

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2006 :  3:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

It's a new one on me, too. For that matter... so is the "horizontal polka."

Theresa, I have always heard that as "knock your socks off"!

My, my, my. The things you can learn in Mohicanland.

'Horizontal polka' huh?

This reminds me of some lines from a TV movie I saw a few years ago. The hero was asking the girl about oil wells...

Q: Do you know what 'horizontal drilling' is?

A: Yeah, it happens right after making out.

WooHoo!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 17 2006 :  11:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry to interrupt all the talk of WooHoo, though it leaves me wondering just what kind of movies Obediah watches! "Horizontal drilling"? Reminds me of "Log Jammin'"..."Big Lebowsky," anyone?

I voted for a lot of kissing but not all the way. Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of WooHoo, but I can't see it happening here. First of all, Hawkeye and Cora are at the top of a fort, just around the corner from a whole bunch of other people. Cora's father and wanna-be husband are also at the fort. WooHoo doesn't seem likely to me at this point, but, then again, they are in the middle of a warzone and may not live through the night, so why not?

As far as their satisfied looks go.... I figure that if Cora's considering marriage to Duncan (whom she clearly doesn't love "that way") she maybe hasn't really been "in love" before. Nathaniel is probably unlike any man she's ever known--dangerously, rough-around-the-edges attractive--and his mutual attraction to her is undoubtedly magnetic (who can forget "I'm looking at you, miss"?). But I think that lots and lots and LOTS of empassioned kissing may be satisfying enough to someone in Cora's situation. Think about that wonderfully jittery feeling that comes from just kissing someone for the first time--especially if that someone is your first real "love." That could be enough to create some satisfied faces, I think, without WooHoo.

I'd rather save the WooHoo for later, when there's more time and fewer people around to interrupt!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 17 2006 :  11:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I dunno'...that jittery feeling gets a lot of us to "WooHoo" and then "DOUHT!" later on.
No this is not a confession, Obi!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 22 2012 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And what is a kiss, specifically? A pledge properly sealed, a promise seasoned to taste, a vow stamped with the immediacy of a lip, a rosy circle drawn around the verb "to love." A kiss is a message too intimate for the ear, infinity captured in the bee's brief visit to a flower, secular communication with an aftertaste of heaven, the pulse rising from the heart to utter its name on a lover's lip: 'Forever'.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 24 2012 :  6:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whew..... feeling a little breathless right now......

Did you write that, Sachem? If so........ wow. If not..... still wow. Beautiful words put together beautifully.

I went back to the beginning of that thread (because I thought I remembered that I started it), and that was a fun trip down memory lane. It reminded me how much I miss Scott Bubar, for one thing. And it's difficult to believe that it was nearly 10 years ago! 10!!!!!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - July 24 2012 :  7:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

It's a new one on me, too. For that matter... so is the "horizontal polka."

Theresa, I have always heard that as "knock your socks off"!

My, my, my. The things you can learn in Mohicanland.
LOL, - and from WW, ... "The horizontal polka" no less, what a (nice) surprise, ... ;)

you can keep "The Change"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 28 2012 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't claim credit, WW, but I forget where I found it.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 29 2012 :  09:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, if you can't remember where you found it, then maybe you did write it and just forgot. One of the advantages of growing older. Lack of memory. When convenient.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

May 08 2010

Posted - July 30 2012 :  7:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whatever the case may be, it's pretty much perfect for the scene!

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: LOTM at the Olympics!!! Topic Next Topic: 20th Anniversary of LOTM at Chimney Rock Park  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.69 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07