Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/6/2024 12:54:27 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Any Other Military Encounters - 1492 - 2002
 The Other Stuff!
 Sharps Buffalo or Military Sporting Rifles.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: King Philips War 1675-6 Topic   

hols31
Recruit

USA

Posted - May 24 2004 :  4:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELP!!
I am at present working on a literary project, which requires extensive knowledge and use of the sharps buffalo or military sporting rifle. The information I require is this: did the sharps rifle previous to 1866 which used a paper or linen wrapped cartridge with a conical lead bullet. Was it possible to make reloads with a device or kit for those linen cartridges for home production? Or was the user of the rifle previous to 1866 required to purchase linen cartridges in packets from the manufacturer? Also, was the rifle with the linen catridges loaded the same as ordinance post 1866? When the breach was opened to reload a linen cartridge, did the breach eject a shell or debris of any sort from any previously fired round? To the extent of my knowledge, the linen cartridge was used to engage the rifle, to protect the conical lead bullet and then the paper wrapped cartridge was discharged out of the barrell.

Holly Clifford
  Previous Topic: King Philips War 1675-6 Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03