Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/4/2024 10:08:59 PM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Alamo - 1836
Allow Anonymous Posting forum ... Thirteen Days To Glory
 Life at the Alamo Prior to the Battle Allow Anonymous Users to Reply to This Topic ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Favorite Alamo Film Topic Next Topic: I need help  

Teresa
Recruit

Posted - May 07 2005 :  2:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have information written by a woman who says she was at the Alamo in 1836. She claims to have met both Crockett and Bowie. She was an 11 year-old child when her family was moving from Matamoros back east via Texas and the Alamo compound. None of her family is listed as known survivors.

Can anyone suggest how I might prove/disprove this claim? I am writing an article on her very interesting family and this is one of the more unusual stories......

Thanks,

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - June 11 2005 :  11:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you possibly share some of this information on the forum. Perhaps her statements could be compared to known facts and confirmed or disregarded. Regardless, it would be wonderful to read of this potentially explosive information.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Teresa
Recruit

Posted - June 11 2005 :  11:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Additional research (an account written by this woman's younger sister late in life) says that her sister, her mother, and other siblings were at a Spanish Mission in 1836, but not the Alamo. I have documentation they were at Refugio. I would be interested in knowing more about the captives at Refugio. This family was taken back to Matamoros after the mother communicated to Mexican officers that her husband was a Mason.

Thanks anyway,
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Favorite Alamo Film Topic Next Topic: I need help  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03