Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/2/2024 9:42:09 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Discussions & Off The Path ...
 Sound Off
 Custer on TV, movies and shows
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: No More! Topic Next Topic: Into The West  

Benteen
Lt. Colonel

Posted - May 23 2005 :  11:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THC has a show called "History Hogs". For about the next week or so they will be showing an interesting feature about Custer and the 7th from the time he departed Fort Lincoln to the battlefield. These two guys follow Custer's trail using motorcycles, one on a Harley Deuce and a Ducati for the other. They start at Fort Lincoln and ends more than 400 miles later at the LBH. Should be interesting.

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - May 25 2005 :  10:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benteen

THC has a show called "History Hogs". For about the next week or so they will be showing an interesting feature about Custer and the 7th from the time he departed Fort Lincoln to the battlefield. These two guys follow Custer's trail using motorcycles, one on a Harley Deuce and a Ducati for the other. They start at Fort Lincoln and ends more than 400 miles later at the LBH. Should be interesting.

I'm planning to watch this Sunday morning--it's been on waay too late for this part of the country. From what I understand, the producers are seeking feedback, so that they may better edit future programmes of the series in accordance to viewers' interests. So exercise your email fingers! I'm not much of a motorcycle fan--but it would be interesting to see the geography of the 1876 trail from Ft. Lincoln to LBH. I've only experienced Billings to the battlefield (I-90). Dull, dull, dull!

Thanks for the reminder--I've got it jotted down in the calendar!

movingrobe
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Rich
Commander-in-Chief

Rich
USA

Posted - May 28 2005 :  09:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rich's Homepage  Click to see Rich's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This sounds great ... looks like it's on in these parts - the East Coast - at 12 NOON tomorrow ... Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up!

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - May 29 2005 :  11:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know who was finally able to watch "History Hogs" today--it was on at a less than completely unseeable time today. Despite the rather obnioxious, middle of the show advertisement for both Harleys and Ducatis, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been! I particularly enjoyed the geography of the route from Ft. Lincoln to LBH--the portion from the mouth of the Rosebud to Deer Medicine Rocks trace the CBHMA fieldtrip this year. Though the episode began with the rather simplistic theory that Custer had to do well in the Summer campaign so as to gain the presidency, and the reasoning behind the battalion assignments of June 25th seemed pat, I was entertained. Especially by the Montana Bar in Miles City, MT. It's amazing that a golf course fills the Custer campsite near the Little Missouri campsite, and possible battlefield!

Was it true that he sent the Seventh's band into the hills to attract the hostiles?

hoka hey!

movingrobe

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - May 30 2005 :  9:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is Monday evening, 8:17 Central time. I have missed the show completely. Seriously, I am so mad!!!

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - May 31 2005 :  6:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joseph wiggs

It is Monday evening, 8:17 Central time. I have missed the show completely. Seriously, I am so mad!!!

Joe--

That is usually my situation. But I'll bet they'll re-run it sometime around, uhh ... June 25th? Not that I would know any of that fancy-schmancy television stuff!

Hoka hey, amigo!

movingrobe

Rich
Commander-in-Chief

Rich
USA

Posted - June 02 2005 :  07:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rich's Homepage  Click to see Rich's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It was interesting, I thought, but somewhat disappointing. Too much fluff & Harleys ... The band thing? I never heard of that before. Same goes for their statement of Benteen attacking ... never heard it referred to as anything but a scout.

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - August 07 2005 :  1:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by movingrobewoman

Was it true that he sent the Sevenths band into the hills to attract the hostiles?

hoka hey!

The only incident of the seventh's band being present during a hostile engagement, that I an aware of, is the battle of the Wa****a. At the beginning of the battle, I believe, the band played just a few notes but, had to cease because the extreme cold affected the instruments.

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - August 08 2005 :  6:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Joe--

That's the only circumstance I know of as well. I keep thinking that with all of the popularity that Adam Vinatieri has received over the past few years (*Go Pats!*), someone would write a book about Custer's band and his enchantment with it ... as well as, in general, a band's importance to battle movements, etc., etc.

Hoka hey, mi amigo!

movingrobe
  Previous Topic: No More! Topic Next Topic: Into The West  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03