Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/2/2024 11:47:40 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Discussions & Off The Path ...
 Sound Off
 "Into The West"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Custer  on TV, movies and shows Topic Next Topic: The Russian Diplomats Daughter  

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - June 06 2005 :  5:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anybody planning on watching the first episode of this Spielburg epic? It's on Friday night on TNT ....

Hoka hey!

movingrobe

hunkpapa7
Lieutenant

United Kingdom

Posted - June 06 2005 :  8:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have seen bits on there web site,pity we dont get the channel over here
MRW hope you enjoy it

wev'e caught them napping boys
Aye Right !
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Rich
Commander-in-Chief

Rich
USA

Posted - July 16 2005 :  11:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rich's Homepage  Click to see Rich's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Been watching this ... not bad, but last night's depiction of the Battle of the Little Bighorn was pitiful. Did I miss Crazy Horse?? Eric Schweig, cast as Sitting Bull, was a very poor choice ...

Any thoughts on the show? This episode airs again tonight & Sunday night on TNT - 8PM EDT.

movingrobewoman
Lt. Colonel

USA

Posted - July 16 2005 :  8:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send movingrobewoman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich

Been watching this ... not bad, but last night's depiction of the Battle of the Little Bighorn was pitiful. Did I miss Crazy Horse?? Eric Schweig, cast as Sitting Bull, was a very poor choice ...

Any thoughts on the show? This episode airs again tonight & Sunday night on TNT - 8PM EDT.

Rich,

I'll be the first to admit several deficencies in knowing anything about LBH ... but 'Into the West' insulted even my meagre knowledge! I thought the entire run-up to the battle--starting from the Supply Depot was ridiculous. Custer becomes a greedy, un-enigmatic figgure, on a fast moving cavalry jaunt, the entire Seventh brings tents--and the report from what I thought was the Crow's Nest came to a sitting Custer--in a tent! Of course, the Seventh executed no military tactics against the Indians, but instead, ran over some rise and smack dab into the millions of Native Americans. And apparently, Speilberg didn't quite get the fact that the Last Stand occurred on ... an actual hill!

However, I did feel the introduction of the Indian school proved quite effective, though well over-wrought.

hoka hey/ya'ta'he'ey!

movingrobe

alfuso
Corporal

Posted - July 17 2005 :  12:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Custer in a tent just before LBH? Speilburg has watched TONKA too many times.

And even TONKA had a better battle sequence.

Deny Everything
Prepare to Panic
  Previous Topic: Custer  on TV, movies and shows Topic Next Topic: The Russian Diplomats Daughter  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03