Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/4/2024 4:11:53 PM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Alamo - 1836
Allow Anonymous Posting forum ... Thirteen Days To Glory
 Mexican Uniforms Allow Anonymous Users to Reply to This Topic ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: David Crocketts Death Topic Next Topic: number of mexicans killed  

Anonymous Poster4359
Forum Guest

Posted - November 07 2006 :  10:55:30 PM  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
I am a 5th and 6th grade History teacher. My class' are attempting to build a scale modle of the Alamo (with the help of allot of really good people !).
One thing we are having trouble with is finding information on what the Mexican Army Uniforms looked like.
We are aware of the Permanente Matamoros, Jimenez, Allende and Aladama Battalions; the Activo San Luis and Toluca Battalions; the Zapadores (sappers); and the Cav Reg Delores, Vera Cruz, Guanajuatoa and Bajio.
If we are incorrect with any of these could someone help and explain please.
Also, what uniforms each wore ?
Did Permanente Battalions all were the same ?
And the Activo's ?
WE are aware of Dragoons (Cuirassiers ?), Jalisco Lancers and Presidials Lancers; (other cavalry ?), as well as Cazadores, Zapadores, Militia, Regular Line Infantry, Line Infantry, Musicians, Artillery...............
We could sure (as you can well see) use any and all help in trying to figure out what units wore what units (color pants, jactets, hats, piping, etc etc).
Pictures (drawings) would be excellent if anyone had any ?
If anyone can help us out, please e me at:
JessicaNKinsley@Yahoo.com
50 students and I will be VERY gratiful and appreciate it very much !!!

Previous Topic: David Crocketts Death Topic Next Topic: number of mexicans killed  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03