The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/6/2024 3:07:28 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 2003 Gathering at French Broad Rifles Site
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The 2003 UN-Gathering Topic Next Topic: In Some Detail - Rationale For the 2004 Itinerary  

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - June 18 2003 :  2:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

2003 Gathering at French Broad Rifles Site

As a reminder, there will be a 2003 Gathering at the site of the French Broad Rifles just north of Asheville, NC this coming Sunday, June 22, at 12:00 noon. I hope everyone who will be in the area can make it. Rich will be there, so I hope you will be too.

See you then,

Fitz Williams
report to moderator

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - June 18 2003 :  2:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are MY directions to the site. Use them at your own risk!

Coming from the west, go to US 19 (Patton Ave) and follow it to NC 63 to Leicester. This will be before you get to the French Broad River. If you find yourself at the French Broad River, then the other instructions will then apply to you.

Go to Asheville and go west on Patton Ave (US 19). I-240 and Patton Ave are the same where they cross the French Broad River.

If you are coming north on I-26, you will have to turn around at some point to be going west on US 19. I cross the French Broad River, turn, and then go back across the river on US 19. There may be better ways, but this works for me.

Go to the intersection of US 19 (Patton Ave.) and NC 63. Turn right. This is the road to Leicester, NC.

Stay on the road to Leicester for about 12.6 miles, until you come to the intersection with Meadows Town Road (also SR 1001). It will fork to the right.

Turn right onto Meadows Town Road.

Go down about 2.7 miles to Piney Grove Church Road (Piney Grove Baptist Church will be on your left hand side, on a little hill).

Turn left onto Piney Grove Church Road (SR 1113), and go up about 1.2 mile to where the road forks.

Take the right fork and just keep going uphill.

You will pass trailers, a big white farm house and a barn on your right, and the road will turn from gravel to dirt. Keep going and you will see the rifle range and areas to park. Do not get out of your car coming up the hill on the dirt road....both sides of the road are covered in poison ivy!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 18 2003 :  6:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitz Williams

As a reminder, there will be a 2003 Gathering at the site of the French Broad Rifles just north of Asheville, NC this coming Sunday, June 22, at 12:00 noon. I hope everyone who will be in the area can make it. Rich will be there, so I hope you will be too.

I will?!? I'm trying; I'm trying ... sure hope to be ... Oh ... question ...

Should we pack a lunch?

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - June 18 2003 :  10:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My rule is: Any time you go to the French Broad Rifle's site, you had better carry anything you might need. Nothing in the way of lunch is provided, and there is NOWHERE to get anything once you leave Asheville. Last year Cindy and I didn't carry a thing, thinking we could just go to the nearest filling station for a soft drink and cookies. Well, the nearest filling station is about 1/2 hour away. But the good part is that the FBR site is a beautiful place! I would live there if I could.
  Previous Topic: The 2003 UN-Gathering Topic Next Topic: In Some Detail - Rationale For the 2004 Itinerary  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.22 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07