The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/7/2024 10:44:44 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 A Bookworm Birthday!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Snow? Topic Next Topic: Yes ... One More! ... The Sophia Story!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 21 2004 :  05:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I mentioned - several months back - of a somewhat anonymous person who had recently bought my book and signed up for the 2004 Gathering. Then, she donated to the Ching raffle and also paid up, in full, for the Gathering. Unusual that someone pops in like that and forks over their money! But, more unusual still was the correspondence. Keen insight & a sense of involvement were self-evident. Unfortunately, she had extremely limited Internet access, thus couldn't be a part of things here.

I had a sense that this person would fit right in. I felt very comfortable with her & liked her right away. Then, Seamus' post yesterday - it was yesterday, wasn't it? - confirmed all that.

That person is Bookworm, and she now has access, and has found her way into Mohicanland - I hope to be a part of things for many years to come! Oh, and, today is her birthday!!

Happy Birthday, Bookworm!
May you have many more!
report to moderator

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - February 21 2004 :  05:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday, Mare!! I hope David has big plans for you today!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - February 21 2004 :  06:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOOKWORM!!

Many happy returns of the day...and I think you're right, Rich...she fits right in.

Theresa

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 21 2004 :  06:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOKWORM!!!!! I HOPE THAT TODAY IS VERY SPECIAL FOR YOU!!!

KAY

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 21 2004 :  08:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I said it before... and I say it again...
Bookworm, I think you are going to fit in here j-u-u-u-st fine! Because you already have.

Mary... Mare... I sensed something out of the ordinary about you right from your very first post, which only increased with each additional post. Then Seamus (a man I respect very much) confirmed my thoughts. I am very glad you are here. See you in the Mohicanland Reading forum... and others.

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Joyce, aka WW

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - February 21 2004 :  6:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, guys!!! I really appreciate the birthday wishes and the warm welcome that everyone has extended to me. Wish I could report that it's been a super-exciting birthday, but in fact my husband is getting over a respiratory infection and I've just come down with one, so it's been a pretty quiet day -- sleeping and hanging out here on the board. We did have plans to go to my favorite restaurant for dinner -- a restaurant that I think any Mohicanlander would love -- http://www.dobbinhouse.com/ -- but those plans have been postponed to a later, healthier time. Ah well, quiet is good, too -- certainly when you're 53 it is! Thanks again to everyone.

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - February 21 2004 :  7:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye, the Springhouse Tavern (at the Dobbin House) and I are OLD friends!! Yes, indeedy-o-ree! FIFTY THREE???????????????? Naw........not really.......I think you have that backards, Mare.....(wish, wish! heehee!)

Here's hoping you shed that phlegm factoy soon, it's no fun at all....!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 22 2004 :  5:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have had limited access to the board on weekends and evenings (Earthlink could NEVER figure out why I was unable to connect after the hurricane - most be a pole down in some remote somewhere - so I FINALLY gave up and swithched ISP's - YAY!), but now I find I am a day late to wish Mary HAPPY BIRTHDAY and GET WELL SOON.

I too have corresponded with Mary regarding Gathering STUFF and am so glad to see she has found her way to being a regular here on the board

Since I'm late - I'll just hope this next year brings you many happinesses and I know it will bring you some new friends!!

GG
  Previous Topic: Snow? Topic Next Topic: Yes ... One More! ... The Sophia Story!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07