The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/26/2024 4:07:29 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Yes ... One More! ... The Sophia Story!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: A Bookworm Birthday! Topic Next Topic: The Mohicanland All-Star Hall of Fame
Page: of 11

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 08 2002 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address
Monday, October 7

1AM - Elaine wakes Rich.

2:30 AM - Rich drives Elaine to McDowell Hospital here in Marion

4:45 AM - Elaine transported by ambulance to Mission Hospital in Asheville

7:30 AM - Rich speaks to Elaine on the phone, after getting some kiddies off to school - she's ok & resting.

11:36 AM - A baby girl is delivered by "emergency" C-section. [surprise, surprise!]

So, the answer to the question several of you posed is: "No, Elaine is not pregnant!" [anymore!]

More details ...

The baby is very premature, at 26 weeks, and is on a respirator. However, on the plus side, the tiny - just over 2lb. - gal is strong, well-developed, and stable. The nameless, so far little lass, will probably remain hospitalized till December!

Elaine is fine, and we're hoping [believe me, we're really hoping] she'll come home on Thursday.

My 3 older daughters and I are heading over to Asheville in a bit to look things over!

Anyway, now I know why I have 10 fingers ...

report to moderator

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  08:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations to Rich, Elaine, and the rest of the Federici herd! This is wonderful news. I know that God will watch over this little lass and hold her in His very hands so that she will strengthen and grow. What a blessing. Glad to hear Elaine is doing well and hopefully she'll be back amongst you guys soon. Having had two c-sections myself, let me tell you she will probably feel like she's been hit by a mack truck for a few days and will need a little time to recover. As for the little lass, having been born by c-section the only difference you might see with her is when she gets ready to leave the house she'll choose to exit by the window instead of the door! Again, congratulations and give Elaine our love.

Theresa
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  08:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW, THIS IS NEWS! When I read your subject line (Yes...One More!) I thought you were referring to another Gathering!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad to hear that Lainey & your new little daughter are both doing OK. I'm sure everyone in Mohicanland will be sending prayers, positive thoughts & positive energy their way over the coming weeks.

quote:
Anyway, now I know why I have 10 fingers ...

You ALSO have ten TOES, Rich - so you & Lainey might not be finished yet! For now, though, it's wonderful that you have another beautiful little daughter to love.

All of you take good care & do keep us all posted on how Lainey & the little one are doing!

Best regards,

Rattlesnake Woman

Dana S.
Pathfinder

pipe
USA

September 30 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  09:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Dana S. a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMGOSH!!!!! Did you have any while I was gone?!!! How many IS that anyway?!!

Wow!!! Bless all your hearts!

My prayers are with you guys!

Woooohoooo!!!!

Dana S.

Doc M
Great Quack Healer of the Frontier

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  11:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now, my forebears come from West Virginia where there are
maybe 10 last names, but it looks like the great state of
North Carolina is only going to have one...FEDERICI!!!

Best to you and Lainey-poo, and your new daughter! (PS -- you
ARE naming her Doc M in honor of moi, right???)

Kissys!!

Doc M

ardensgal
Pathfinder

June 12 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  1:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ardensgal an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

We had no idea you and Elaine were expecting another baby.. Congratulations! We are glad Elaine is doing great, and that the nameless baby is doing great!! The baby will bring so much joy!

Maybe we will swing by and drop a visit soon

Sharon and Eric

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  1:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations! God bless all of you down there
in Federiciville.

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Congratulations!..I hope that your baby will leave the hospital as soon as possible.
All the best,
Ongewasgone.

hawkeye
Pioneer

Longhunter With Child
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW! Talk about keeping a secret! Congratulations you two... or should I say three?! Hope everyone recovers quickly.

Marc

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2002 :  4:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations guys! And I too hope the little girl can go home soon.

Ilse

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2002 :  5:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh my! What news! Congratulations to you both!
You know, I was wondering if another Federici was in the wings...

Our thoughts are with you - best wishes for a speedy recovery!
all our best,
caitlin & jeff

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 08 2002 :  5:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dana S.:
OMGOSH!!!!! Did you have any while I was gone?!!! How many IS that anyway?!!

Nah, Dana, you didn't miss a one ... that was #9 you saw at Gathering 2000.

Thanks, all, for the well wishes!!! Mucho appreciated!

A brief update: Got back from Asheville just a little while ago. Oh, I have to say, everytime I drive over Old Fort Mountain on I-40, and see all those blue, misty mountains off in all directions, I can't help but to think of LOTM, hear the music, and see all of your faces. Really, I do ....

Anyway, Elaine looks great. Excellent color & in good spirits. In fact, best I've ever seen her look after a birth. There's a good chance she can come home tomorrow!

As for baby, she has a name ... we tossed around a bunch, and all of a sudden, this one sounded good - to us, at least: Sophia RosaMaria Sophia is tiny, very tiny. Though she's over 2 lb., she looks like she could weigh no more than half a pound! Other than the size, she looks great - excellent color, skin tone, all the vitals are as good as they should be ... it does break my heart to see her hooked up to all those electronic gadgets, though ... even though I know it's her lifeline. It gets to you, sometimes.

My hand [left] next to an unfolded diaper [right] belonging to Sophia. Hand is there to show the relative size. Let me tell you, the pamper is way too big for her!!!!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2002 :  5:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well am I the lucky one here or what? I actually work at Mission Hospital so I got to trek over and see TGAT herself! Of course, I couldn't go to see the baby, but by report she is doing quite well. Now, I'm thinking maybe this whole thing is a hoax because : 1. I didn't see a baby. 2. I didn't see a woman who looked like she's been bearing her children along the way. Just our same Lainey, goddess-like even in a hospital gown! She said she is feeling great and hopes to go home tomorrow... we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers and hope that the little one will join you soon.
Stephanie

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2002 :  5:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, Rich!! My very best wishes and congratulations to you all.
Karen

Bea
Keeper of the Western Door

The Kiss 2
Canada

May 18 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  5:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bea's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the arrival of little Sophia! What a lovely name!
I hope that she'll be released very soon so she can be with her loving family!
oh, Stephanie, you lucky duck!!! I wish I could see Lainey!!

Rich, take good care of Lainey!! And- give her a hug from me! I am so relieveed to hear that she is fine!

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  9:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update, Rich. Glad to hear all is going so well. Hopefully Elaine will get to come home tomorrow...quite different than when I had my c-sections...had to stay a whole week!! But that was 27 and 23 years ago. Take care of Lainey...she's going to be sore and a little slow getting about for awhile.

Heading out Thursday morning for the vicinity. Perhaps we might sneak a peek!

Theresa

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - October 08 2002 :  10:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WHAT ASTOUNDING NEWS! My head is buried under books and papers, but I'm peekin' out from under 'em for THIS!! Congratulations, Rich and Elaine. You all sure know how to keep things exciting here in Mohicanland! Best wishes to you all. (Love those positive vibes you send, Rich!)

And what's this? Did I see the name DANA??? Too, too much good news for one day! Do give me a call when you can - I'm at the same number, same place!

Miss you all - hope to get back here soon.

Jayne

Bea
Keeper of the Western Door

The Kiss 2
Canada

May 18 2002

Posted - October 11 2002 :  1:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bea's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I second that!!
Of course we can certainly understand that you are VERY busy but just drop us one little line that everything is well, yes???

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - October 11 2002 :  2:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I third that!!

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - October 12 2002 :  8:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! Congratulations Rich and Elaine!

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - October 15 2002 :  11:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich and Elaine -- didn't know the news until recently. Hope all goes well with this new little one and that the rest of you stay happy and healthy! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Christina

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 18 2002 :  06:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Up & down ... up & down. That describes Sophia's ordeal to date. One gap is plugged ... another leak springs.

For anyone interested, she is back on the respirator ... she would have periods where she'd stop breathing, and worse, her heart would stop. I can't even spell the next thing, but it has to do with liver/gall bladder stuff & blood counts, and it's not good. She's a bit better on that front though ... waiting on abdominal scan results. She requires all kinds of meds ... off & on ... additional fluids ... off & on ... blood on occasion ...

The good news is she's fairly stable right now, continues to gain weight, and is still being fed Mother's milk [via tube].

That's the latest on Sophia - 7 weeks old today. ... errr ... let's shave a week off that. She's SIX weeks old today. It only feels like 7 we ... mon ... YEARS!!!

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 18 2002 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bless her little heart. Sounds like quite a fighter, though. Please keep us updated as much as you can. We are all thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.

Theresa

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - November 18 2002 :  08:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Rich,

I will say some special prayers for Sophia, and also for you and Lainey. I have faith that good care from the doctors and blessings from above will get all of you through this ordeal, and little Sophia will be just fine.

God bless you and be with all of you.

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - November 18 2002 :  09:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We are keeping all of you in our prayers.

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - November 21 2002 :  12:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, you've got prayers coming from down this way as well! I haven't been around in a while but you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers...Little Sophia has a rosary with her name on it from this end of the Carolinas. Please, all of you take care and know you'll remain in my thoughts.
Christina

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: A Bookworm Birthday! Topic Next Topic: The Mohicanland All-Star Hall of Fame  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 1.05 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07