The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/27/2024 5:18:05 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Something in me..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Looking For the LOTM Movie Poster? Topic Next Topic: Missing LOTM music??  

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
January 21 2004

Posted - October 01 2004 :  08:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Maybe you all think I'm crazy. But I have to ask you all something.

As a little girl I always watched Doctor Quinn, the medicine woman. Since then I feel kind of connected to Indians... LOTM only made that feeling stronger. For my work I had to make dreamcatchers, very pleasant thing to do. Well, I'm just a Dutch girl, so it may be a bit strange the way I feel at ease, watching Indian movies. Maybe It's just my big interrest in Indians... Or... Maybe I've been a Indian in my past life, does someone believe in this? And does someone share this feeling with me? Let me know.

I feel a bit strange, asking you this. So please let me know if you think that this topic should be removed...

Marg*

I do not call myself subject too much at all... -Hawkeye
report to moderator

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - October 01 2004 :  12:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Marg....I'm not sure I believe in reincarnation.....but, I do seem to have many people inside of me. As Many Flags, I have also felt a connection with the native peoples and at times, as I have sat in their lodges, shared stories and meals and jokes and friendships, I have felt very close....akin to their spirits....some things which I will not share. I only know that as one with no Native blood in me, I have felt, what I believe, to be "the spirit" within me during certain experiences. Pax Aye!
Many Flags
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 01 2004 :  12:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I can say that I definitely do not believe in re-incarnation. Nor have I been fortunate enough to have the sorts of wonderful experiences that Flags has described. However, I do feel it is very possible to have some sort of "connection" or a strong bond to a particular place, a country, a piece of land, or to certain people. These connections are usually based, as you say, upon extreme interest or personal experience.

My own experience with this, came about 10 years ago. I think I described this in a thread here, somewhere, a while ago. I had been doing genealogical work on my family, and suddenly discovered my German Palatine heritage in the Mohawk Valley. My first visit to the cemetery where many of my ancestors are buried was an incredible emotional experience. And the sense of connection I felt, and feel, to that whole area just blew me away.

So, no... I definitely do not think you are crazy.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - October 01 2004 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Marg222

Maybe I've been a Indian in my past life, does someone believe in this? And does someone share this feeling with me? Let me know.

Marg,
I firmly believe in reincarnation, though I can't say that I "know" it to be a truth. My mother, who was a deeply Christian woman, said many times that reincarnation "explains a lot of things." She also taught me to be very open minded about the unkown, and reincarnation is one of those things that "rings true" with me. I have heard several fellow reenactors say that they seriously believe they are reincarnated from someone living in their time period and lifestyle. I haven't met any Indian who believes this, but that doesn't mean there aren't some out there who do.

In sharing your feelings, you have found someone (me) who believes that you are experiencing so deep a feeling of connection because you have probably lived that life previoiusly. So if you want to talk more about the metaphysical aspect of your experiences, you can send me a PM any time. It's one of my favorite subjects.

In the meantime, another slant on the subject is that you might very well have a special gift for interacting and learning about Indian people. I believe we all have special "missions" on this Earth, with naturally inherent talents and gifts, and I doubt there are many out there who would disagree.
-Rose

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - October 03 2004 :  8:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't really believe much in reincarnation..but I do have to say I feel the same STRONG bond with Native Americans. As long as I ca remember, I've been immensly interested in their culture and everything. I wish I was part Indian. After seeing LOTM..my love for Native American life went into overdrive lol. You're definitely not crazy..I love them too! lol.

--UL13

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - October 04 2004 :  2:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you all so much for the reactions. I feel some kind of bond between the people here, after all we share the big amount of love for native americans.

As I look at myself during my life till now, I've always been a boy, never wanted to play with dolls, I prefered to climb trees, build treehouses. Love to go rafting, to take a hike. People I know have wolves, well half-wolves, really love them. I always felt the love to ride horses.. never did. These are a few of the reasons why I feel so connected. They just have to come from somewhere..! And as I watch Indian-movies, I just feel so much at ease... sigh...

I feel very welcome on this forum. Finally people who share the same feelings I have...

My english is alright, but let me know if I make mistakes, or if there are sentences which you can't understand please.

I'll be back on friday.
Hug Marg..

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - October 07 2004 :  11:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Marg222

Thank you all so much for the reactions. I feel some kind of bond between the people here, after all we share the big amount of love for native americans.

As I look at myself during my life till now, I've always been a boy, never wanted to play with dolls, I prefered to climb trees, build treehouses. Love to go rafting, to take a hike. People I know have wolves, well half-wolves, really love them. I always felt the love to ride horses.. never did. These are a few of the reasons why I feel so connected. They just have to come from somewhere..! And as I watch Indian-movies, I just feel so much at ease... sigh...

I feel very welcome on this forum. Finally people who share the same feelings I have...

My english is alright, but let me know if I make mistakes, or if there are sentences which you can't understand please.

I'll be back on friday.
Hug Marg..

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - October 08 2004 :  03:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
rose, I think you forgot something to write...?

Marg*

Previous Topic: Looking For the LOTM Movie Poster? Topic Next Topic: Missing LOTM music??  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07