The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/7/2024 5:10:59 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Mohicanland's Recommended Reading
 New Books From Ye Olde Towne Crier!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: In the Hands of the Senecas, etc. Topic Next Topic: Books About Scotland  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 06 2005 :  08:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Many of you don't remember our Towne Crier and how she came to be an integral character of these here boards ... sure do miss her presence! Anyway, she asked me to post this, so here it be:

Well, Friends, Ye Olde Towne Crier's back, ringing her bell again!
And you've heard it here, first.
I've been AWOL, unable to post, for I've been busy busy busy, on an incredible arm --- uh, no, typing-chair journey, battling migraine and other assorted thingies while having the TIME OF MY LIFE.
Pheeewwww!
All right, just finished my latest novel, 'Trojan Enchantment,'
riproaring romantic suspense/travelogue, am sending it now to FWise, (5th novel in the series, Lands of the Morning - TM - )
and here is the new dedicated website
http://www.trojanenchantment-novel.com
Oh, and here is the promo:
From now until Trojan Enchantment is out in e-form, those of you who buy The Horseman, which is the lead novel of my series Lands of the Morning, should contact me, and regardless of whether 1, or 50, of you buys it, to each and every one of you I will send a gift
certificate from FictionWise, for "Trojan Enchantment."
The Horseman's link at FWise
https://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29693.htm
aaaand at ebookwise.com
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=29693&si=43

"The end of Troy will never end ... The flame that consumed it, will
itself never be consumed." [G. K. Chesterton]

Synopsis:
Rip-roaring contemporary romantic suspense/travelogue in an exotic
land. Cornucopia of the sights, scents, sounds and flavors of Lands
of the Morning. Olivia Hayden, 24, mild-mannered librarian from
Indianapolis, USA, is a chrysalis eager to be a butterfly. Until
now, just about the only aspect of hers fit to be called free-
spirited, was her riotous, titian hair. On a tour of Turkey to
fulfill her late grandfather's dream of visiting ancient Troy, she
falls in love with Dr. Somer Berk, 35, a professor of archeology.
Tall, blond, handsome and suave, Berk claims descent from the
original Trojans, and is hot on the trail of smugglers dealing in
artifacts that hearkens to the famous Treasure of King Priam, of the
Iliad.
Hayden and Berk take to each other almost immediately, and with
events unfolding at the speed of Orient Express on steroids, it
seems impossible to deny the destiny that demands fulfillment.
It's the hot, tense, mid-summer of 2005, with terrorists of
different agendas, bombing England and Turkey.
Olivia Hayden, American, and Somer Berk, Turk, although bound by
relentless physical desire, and the love of Troy and its legacy,
find themselves battling separation by culture and outlook on life….

Enjoy!
Blessings to you and yours,

Dolce Vita aka Kristina O'Donnelly

Best to you, Vita! Miss you!
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 13 2005 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More news on Vita's books:

Hello, King!

I just wanted to share this good news with you and the
Mohicaaners: I smiled all day yesterday. As all of you so well know, we writers write because we can not help it, we persevere against incredible odds because the pull of the Calling is greater than the pain of heartbreaks we suffer due to rejections. And in my case, English was not even my mother-language, I began learning it at the age of 23, when I came to the United States by way of Istanbul, Turkey, and ended up starting my life anew from a point below zero.

So, yesterday I got the news that 3 of my novels received awards from www.PromotingOutstandingWriters.com, and it was a welcome surprise, as my international, multicultural novels are so darn off-the-beaten track that often I feel like an extra-terrestrial space cadette....

The Horseman, the lead novel of my series, Lands of the Morning, http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/Series415.htm was awarded 1st Place, 2005 Inaugural POW! Award, MULTICULTURAL Fiction

Under the PUBLISHED " E-BOOK ROMANCE category, First Place - Kristina O'Donnelly, Trojan Enchantment

And WOMEN'S FICTION/MAINSTREAM
Second Place - Kristina O'Donnelly, Waltz With The Wind

All my novels are available exclusively through FictionWise, http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/KristinaODonnellyeBooks.htm
all of them in convenient multiformatted e-form, but also, there is a variety of information and photos at my websites.

This one,
http://www.trojanenchantment-novel.com
had mucho photos and info about Turkey, Troy, Canakkale and Istanbul,as the novel is a rip-roaring romantic suspense/travelogue through Turkey, but a hacker entered it a second time and had lotsa fun hacking it, so am rebuilding it bit by bit.
However, I think it's still worth a visit as I did manage to rescue some material and repost them. To rescue my trust is a bit harder, so am continuing the work at a slower pace.

My main site is www.ladyliterature.com, and even though I had to nix the Guest Book (hacker! ugly comments!), I left a Forum there, so if you wish to post, please do so, and if the posts survive the attacks,I can feel more confident and reinstall the Guest Book again.

At www.ladyliterature.com, I have an email addy for a potluck contest,click and write to me, and let's see if you will win one of my e-novels as a bonus for visiting.

Have a great Sunday and blessings to you all.

Kristina O'Donnelly, aka Ye Olde Towne Crier

))
______

Blessings to you and yours, King!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - November 14 2005 :  10:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow!! That's really impressive. Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you.
Chris
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: In the Hands of the Senecas, etc. Topic Next Topic: Books About Scotland  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07