The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 9:57:24 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 New Member Here!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Sophias First Birthday! Topic Next Topic: Happy Birthday Wade!!!  

Deborah
Lost in the Wilderness

Vampire
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 15 2005

Posted - September 15 2005 :  11:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I was the earlier post with the ??? in the subject header. I finally figured out how to surf around this board; it's a bit different than what I'm used to. Anyway, I joined, did my profile, and all the other good stuff. I hope to hang out around here often.

This is so exciting, since I didn't know there still was a "LOM" community!

I hope to get to know you.

Deborah
DeborahAHymon.com
[W;)

Deborah A. Hymon
--DeborahAHymon.com
report to moderator

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2005 :  06:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Deborah,
Welcome to the board!!! We are always glad to have another person who appreciates LOTM.
If you are intersted, we will be having a Gathering in North Carolina next year. I went to last years Gathering and we all had so much fun!!!
Russell Means was our guest speaker, but Eric Schweig and Wes Studi have also attended the Gatherings over the years. Not sure if we will have a guest next year or not. It usually takes alot of fundraising to get someone to come out. But it doesn't really matter if we have a guest or not, it is just fun meeting everyone and going to all of the locations in the film.
Hope to hear from you often,

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2005 :  09:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Deborah, and welcome!

It's always nice to meet new enthusiastic fans of LOTM. To answer your other question... yes, the board is still very much active. We just seem to be in one of our slow modes right now. Everyone has been busy or involved with other things over the summer.

So... are you an Uncas-and-Alice Groupie, or a Nathaniel-and-Cora Fan?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2005 :  10:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Or a Magua fan? Give the devil his due, WW! :-) Not all of us go for the good guys.
Welcome, Deborah!

Stephanie

Deborah
Lost in the Wilderness

Vampire
USA

September 15 2005

Posted - September 16 2005 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hi Deborah, and welcome

It's always nice to meet new enthusiastic fans of LOTM. To answer your other question... yes, the board is still very much active. We just seem to be in one of our slow modes right now. Everyone has been busy or involved with other things over the summer.

So... are you an Uncas-and-Alice Groupie, or a Nathaniel-and-Cora Fan?

I want to thank you and Kay for your warm welcome. I have to admit, I came straight to this board this morning when I turned on the computer. I'm excited to be here, and hope to learn a lot about the movie, filming, story, and time period. I have to admit this time period never really interested me; I'm a medieval/renaissance gal; love anything old world. Recently, I find that changing.

I've been totally in love with LOTM from the time I first saw the movie when it was released. Now I find myself being drawn to that period in time. But what captured my heart in LOTM was the love story between Nathaniel and Cora, and the potential one that could have been for Uncas and Alice. Call me a hopeless romantic, but perhaps that's why I write romance.

I was hoping to find a lot of LOTM fan fiction that I could drown myself in; a bit disappointed in that. Does anyone know if there's a site where fans have written stories for these wonderful characters? I haven't been successful searching the web for such. I only found a few stories and all were basically Uncas/Alice. Is there a forum here that fan fiction can be posted? I'm used to the Yahoo and Sci-Fi boards and find this one very different. I'm still trying to learn the board and rules, so if I make a mistake PLEASE let me know.

Also, is there a forum or post discussing Nathaniel and Cora's relationship?

Again, thank you for the warm welcome. I'm very happy to be a part of this community.

Deborah
DeborahAHymon.com

P.S. Kay, I would love to attend the gathering, but not sure if I can. I have prior commitments with my writing, and host author rendezvous often, so I just don't know. The 2006 year is filling fast, but will try to keep your gathering in mind and attend if at all possible. I love the mountains in the fall, but understand about the teacher/school thing. If a fall mini gathering is still on, please let me know.

Deborah A. Hymon
--DeborahAHymon.com

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2005 :  7:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
P.S. Kay, I would love to attend the gathering, but not sure if I can. I have prior commitments with my writing, and host author rendezvous often, so I just don't know. The 2006 year is filling fast, but will try to keep your gathering in mind and attend if at all possible. I love the mountains in the fall, but understand about the teacher/school thing. If a fall mini gathering is still on, please let me know.

Deborah,
I would love to attend a Fall Mini Gathering too, but it doesn't look like I will be able to attend this year. But if they do decide to have one, I am sure that they will let everybody know, and hopefully you can go!!!
Hope to see you next year though. Try to come next summer if at all possible. You will meet alot of very nice people!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

micha74b
Pathfinder

Aquarius
USA

July 14 2005

Posted - September 18 2005 :  1:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Send micha74b an AOL message  Send micha74b a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Deborah,
welcome. I felt the same way about LOTM. Nothing wrong with having a romantic side. When I started to look around in this site I had a lot of fun going through all the forums and see what others had to say. This is one of my favorite sites. Have fun.

Michaela

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 19 2005 :  11:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to Mohicanland, Deborah!
To be sure you will find many fellow romantics here!
Caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 29 2005 :  8:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Deborah, glad you're here with us other LOTM groupies.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

ccorner
Pathfinder

USA

February 05 2003

Posted - September 29 2005 :  10:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ccorner's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Deborah,
I'm sure you will enjoy this site, Welcome.
cc
  Previous Topic: Sophias First Birthday! Topic Next Topic: Happy Birthday Wade!!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07