The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 11:11:01 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Life as I know it...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Talmadge Davis Topic Next Topic: Sophias First Birthday!  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - September 24 2005 :  10:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Life has been treating me well. I'm very glad and proud of what I'm going through now and how I'm dealing with them. Everyday offers up something new and I simply do my best with what's given to me.

About cross country, I've knocked an estimated 5 minutes off my time. I recently ran a 3 mile race in 23:38, a personal best. 4 days earlier, my time was 25:40. So, I broke 2 minutes in less that a week. And ofcourse, it made my father , who was a cross country runner as well, very proud. But so am I of the work I've done. Having trained and gotten in the relationship I'm in now with Raven, I've lost 25 pounds.

Over the past couple of months, I think I've grown up considerably because of everything I've had to deal with. The possible loss of our house, near deaths in my family and losses in Raven's. I recently overcame a handful of punks at school and for a good month or so, haven't gotten a bad word out of them. I spread word that I was tired of it and they got the message.

Me and Raven, on October 1st, will have been together for 5 very great months. I wear the committment ring she gave me around my neck as a reminder of the love me and her share.

Image Insert:

49.74 KB
Image Insert:

36.97 KB

October 1st is also the day of her school's homecoming dance and as a matter of fact, she bought her dress today and by the description of it, I have no doubt in my mind that she'll look amazing in it. Heck, anything she wears looks good on her. It's just how I see her I suppose. And October 2nd, my birthday celebration with Raven, I'm taking her to the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. the Denver Broncos game along with a great dinner afterwards. Raven, as well as a few of her friends who I hadn't even met, rallied and got me a few gifts. So, I'm definetly excited to receive them and see what I get. My birthday is actually this thursday, on the 29th, and felt like the game landed close enough near my birthday to, pretty much, celebrate it then.

Just recently, I finished the illustrations I was asked to do for an Alamo book. But the author just contacted me the other day saying he can only use 2 out of the 4 images I drew as they serve more purpose to the book than the others. And 1 out of the 2, get this, I have to add to the original of a redo that I did. So, as you can imagine, my first illustration job has been a bit stressful. But, fun nonetheless. I can't wait until the next one.

So, my life has gone very well so far. I've found love and it's such a deep love that neither me or my lovergirl can let it go. And yes, lovergirl is her nickname. As I am loverboy, among other things such as cutiepie, sugga daddy, Wadey Baby, and stud muffin. Her mother even made up a few. lol But as of now, I can see myself with Raven for a very long time. I have all the love and dedication in my heart to allow us to work to the point that I may wear another ring in the near future. And it's not the ring around my neck.

~Wade

P.S. Hope all is well with everyone here. I appreciate everyone's warm comments in Kurt's thread about the post regarding my mother.

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 25 2005 :  6:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade:

Thank you for updating us on how you're doing. You sound really good, happy, busy, and totally in lu-uv!

I've never met you, but hearing how well you sound makes me feel proud for you! You certainly have overcome a lot, and much of it has helped to make you the great person you've become.

I'm glad you mentioned your mother. It's important to honor her memory, and you never know who will be touched by it.

I hope that good things come your way, and that you continue to have the strength to deal with life's difficulties. And never lose your unique enthusiasm!

I wish I'd known as much as you when I was a teenager!

Take care.

Nancy M

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 26 2005 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade,
I am so happy that your life is turning out so good. You are very talented and will go far with your illustrations!!!
I don't know much about cross country running, but running three miles in 23:38 sounds very impressive!!! Keep up the good work.
I hope that Raven realizes how lucky she is to have you as her boyfriend!!! I know, you probably think that you are the lucky one, but let's just say that y'all both are lucky to have found each other again.
Please keep us updated!!! We care very much about how you are doing!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 26 2005 :  10:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I swear, Young-Un... you get handsomer every time you post a photo! Good thing I'm old enough to be your Grandma!

Seriously, I am glad that things are going so well for you at this time in your life, which can be very full of ups and downs. Stay happy and enjoy your relationship with Raven. But just remember to not get too serious just yet. You are both very much still "young-uns!"

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - October 03 2005 :  9:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here is me and Raven over the weekend. Enjoy.

At her homecoming on Saturday.

Me and Raven on Sunday, infront of my old apartment where the two of us met. I actually joined this site while I lived there.

At the Jaguars game earlier that day.

And me and Jeremiah the day of my birthday. Jeremiah is on my cross country team and we were suppose to look tough, until he began laughing. But hey...I make for a nice looking William Barret Travis. Huh? Huh!? lol

Tell me what yall think.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 04 2005 :  3:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great pictures, thanks for posting them. I can't believe how quickly you have grown up!!!!!! I'm glad school and sports are going well for you.

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - November 03 2005 :  9:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey everyone,

November 1st was me and Raven's 6 month anniversary. Yep, we're still going strong, thankfully. There has been many obstacles along the way, which comes with every relationship, and we are trying our best to overcome them. Her dad is one of those obstacles as he doesn't want her dating, but you all know how young love is...we want to make it work.. And so, we're trying.

Here's a recent photo of me and her.

Image Insert:

59.19 KB

Image Insert:

54.78 KB

Me, running my Cross Country Conference meet. I ran 3 miles in 22:19. This season, my time went down 5 to 7 minutes. But losing 25 to 30 pounds over the summer and training always helps.

Image Insert:

59.78 KB
Image Insert:

58.3 KB

And me during Halloween. I was an Undertaker and I greeted the kids at the door before my brother, a zombie, staggered towards them and the candy. After I greeted them, I slipped behind the door, ran from around the house, and scared them. Yep....Happy Halloween. lol

Image Insert:

45.46 KB
Image Insert:

39.56 KB

Anyway, that's my life so far. As of now, I'm still working on our school Newspaper and have been published several times as I wrote the cross country articles as well as draw a comic strip called "Senator Days" which is a comic surrounding our highschool, the Fletcher Senators.

Just thought I'd update everyone. I hope all is well.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - November 04 2005 :  03:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade,
It's good to see that things are still going strong! It looks like the two of you have something solid, and that's hard to come by these days, especially in high school. Your positive attitude is always a good thing to inspire the rest of us!

bon chance,
Rose

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 04 2005 :  1:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Wade,

Thanks for the pictures! You two look absolutely wonderful! Keep up the positive thoughts!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
  Previous Topic: Talmadge Davis Topic Next Topic: Sophias First Birthday!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07