The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 12:57:16 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 Last minute Gathering STUFF
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: 2006 Gathering Attendees??? Topic Next Topic: Two AMAZING new items for Ariels Auction  

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 11 2006 :  7:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, a couple of last-minute details:
IMPORTANT::: Nolichucky time change!!! Be at the Nolichucky parking lot at 9:15, not 8:30 as previously stated.

Secondly, does anyone who is coming to the Gathering have a GPS device that they can bring? If so, please let me know.

I think that's all... travel safe, everyone. Can't wait to see you all. If you get here Tuesday, remember to try to join us at 6:45pm in the Ramada lobby for an informal trip to Cherokee to see "Unto These Hills."
See you soon!
Stephanie
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 12 2006 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060612/NEWS0104/606120382/1008/NEWS01
Nothing like a little wild life to "enhance" a hike! These things travel fast, ... ;)

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 13 2006 :  1:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I find the report of cougar sightings in Kentucky to be interesting as there have also been reports of sightings here in southern Indiana! Experts say it isn't so, of course, but long time hunters who have had these sightings say they know what they see. It will be interesting to watch and see what happens in the future.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 13 2006 :  1:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay, M. Guide, if you're trying to scare me... it didn't work! Ain't Skeered!!!!!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 13 2006 :  4:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There really are cougars in the eastern U.S. Simply not as large a population as in our western states, and "probably" not breeding YET. A year ago last February I came across some VERY fresh tracks right after a snow fall. It was either a huge Lynx, which we have, but not many of, or a cougar. It was probably about the only day I didn't have a camera with me. I could put my fist into the tracks, and move it about an inch sideways. One big *****cat, real big. With the near explosion in their population in western states, they're moving east, and are in the middle of the country now. Since they apparently don't understand the concept of zip codes, they therefor move to where ever they find food. ... Glad you're not skeered Stephanie, no need to be. Hope you all have a great time, - and I'm sure you will. ;)

you can keep "The Change"

soldier2lotm
Pathfinder

soldier 2
USA

January 21 2004

Posted - June 14 2006 :  10:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Send soldier2lotm an AOL message  Send soldier2lotm a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Forget the cougars in W. KY. We had two bears in downtown Morganton last week. Where did they come from?????? The Linville Gorge! Thats where we will be hiking on Friday. Grrrrr. Watch your back. haha
  Previous Topic: 2006 Gathering Attendees??? Topic Next Topic: Two AMAZING new items for Ariels Auction  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.2 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07