The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/4/2024 7:43:42 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 Battle on Snowshoes Another new movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Forbes Military Road Topic Next Topic: New F&I Movie  

Rangermaj
Site Historian

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 10 2002

Posted - October 10 2002 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rangermaj's Homepage  Send Rangermaj an AOL message  Send Rangermaj an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Dear LOTM enthusiasts,

I am pleased to announce that a new movie has been released by Mind Lab Films that is about the March 1758, Battle on Snowshoes, in which Rogers' Rangers were engaged with a superior force of French and Indians near Fort Carillon/Ticonderoga. I was honored to be one of the historian/authors to participate in the film, and our good friend and fellow reenactor Chaucey Goodrich was also a participant with her unit. Her unit commander, Mike Fitzgerald, plays Robert Rogers. Tim Todish and Bob Bearor also make appearances as historians/authors. I have provided the link below to the site where you can learn more about the film and purchase a copy if you would desire to do so.

http://www.mindlabfilms.com/bos.htm

Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,

George A. Bray III
Major, Rogers Rangers
Site Historian
report to moderator

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 10 2002 :  11:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds good.We are close to the 250th anniversary of the F&I War.The more that we can make the public aware,the more it will be appreciated.EM

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 18 2002 :  1:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I personally think that it is about time that someone gives more coverage to that particular engagement. Past productions, and I will not name who, only give short almost glancing coverage to the battle. A battle, where I think, the odds were stacked more against Maj. Rogers than his now famous St. Francis Raid. Bravo!!!

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - October 21 2002 :  10:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings, Maj. Bray!!

I'm so glad you are here! I hope you are well.

I have not yet seen the movie but I had heard from Maj. Fitzgerald that it was very embarrassing. I am a bit reluctant to watch it, knowing how it evolved over more than two years. We were out filming for it three separate times over two years. But I guess I'll have to watch it anyway.

If nothing else, I'm incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity, the impetus, to climb Rogers' Rock in the snow, in February, at dusk, exactly as Rogers' did (or was supposed to have done).

YHOS,
Pvt. Chauncey

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - October 21 2002 :  10:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings, again,
I just visited the link. I see Major Fitzgerald's face in several thumbnails, as well as Rangers Jay and Paul, plus Jon Soule the French commander.

What a shame they couldn't be bothered to give credit on the website to a group of people who went out of their way three separate times to make these guys' movie possible. Hmmmmmmm....

YHOS,
Pvt. Chauncey

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 22 2002 :  02:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps the next time they should deal with Paladin Communications. I know Robert Matzen personally, and Ed Highlander and I worked close with him on the sequel to WTFRR. Robert is good people, and makes sure that credit is given, where it is due.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

Rangermaj
Site Historian

USA

October 10 2002

Posted - October 23 2002 :  1:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rangermaj's Homepage  Send Rangermaj an AOL message  Send Rangermaj an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear Pvt. Chauncey,

Glad to be aboard and good to hear from you as well. Hanging in there here, though may be looking for a job soon. As for the film, they do give credit in depth at the end of the film, though I noticed not too much on the website. As to it being an embarrassment, I am at a loss, but will talk to Mike about it when opportunity presents itself. I know I was filmed on two separate occasions myself in two different locales. The first filming did not come out well from what I was told, and thus it prompted the second.

Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,

Edited by - Rangermaj on October 23 2002 1:12:09 PM

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 23 2002 :  7:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has anyone else seen this movie?I don't mind spending the money on something worthwhile but $19.95 for 30 minutes seems kind of bad since the "Forest Ran Red"was $19.95 and ran 59 minutes plus featured some world renoun historians(no,I'm not in that one)Check it out at:www.paladincom.com Any thoughts?EM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

Tim Cordell
Pioneer

USA

July 18 2002

Posted - October 23 2002 :  7:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have reviewed the end credits of the Battle On Snowshoes film and most prominent in them is the following Quote... "Mike Fitzgerald and his company of rangers for being so cooperative in making this film possible". The credits then roll to name every reenacting participant.

Tim Cordell

Edited by - tim cordell on October 23 2002 7:51:16 PM

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 23 2002 :  11:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Master Tim & Major Bray,

Greetings! Good to see you both posting here.
Thanks for the heads up on the film, Major. I look forward to seeing it.

And what have the two of you been up to when not harassing le francais & celebrating la derniere guerre?!

"Fides et Ratio"

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - October 24 2002 :  09:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tim,
Thanks very much for that. I'm glad to know he gave credit to all who participated.

YHOS,
Pvt. Chauney

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Cordell:
I have reviewed the end credits of the Battle On Snowshoes film and most prominent in them is the following Quote... "Mike Fitzgerald and his company of rangers for being so cooperative in making this film possible". The credits then roll to name every reenacting participant.

Tim Cordell

Edited by - tim cordell on October 23 2002 7:51:16 PM

Sgt.Reynolds
Pathfinder

Longhunter With Dogs
USA

April 24 2003

Posted - May 06 2003 :  05:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt.Reynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw this movie and it was o.k. but the one done by the History Channel was way better.
  Previous Topic: Forbes Military Road Topic Next Topic: New F&I Movie  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07