The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 4:08:02 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 Someone Still Looking to Make The Trek ... in '03
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: 2004 Gathering Dates Topic Next Topic: A Gathering in 2004 - Your Ideas!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 13 2003 :  6:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Received this E-mail late yesterday from someone who had been on the 2003 informational list, but hadn't yet signed up for the Gathering himself. Apparently, he was ... If any among you are thinking of being here anyway, sort of impromptu, let me know. I'll put you in touch. Or, maybe he'll sign-up on the Board!

Dear Rich Federici,

It is with great sadness that I hear of the cancellation. I was
planning on attending and was still in the process of negotiating time off
from work for the entire span of events. It would have been my first
gathering. I was so excited about the possibilities (especially the
locations) and am very sorry I did not sign-up sooner. I wanted to wait and
sign-up after I had nailed down the days off.
I want to thank you for the hard work that I am certain must be involved
in planning and organizing such an event. I look forward to seeing the
locations in 2004. I will be registering on the website soon to stay
informed.

PS If anyone decides to make the trip anyway minus the theater event, please
let me know.

Thank you,

I think I know the feeling ...
report to moderator

hawkeye
Pioneer

Longhunter With Child
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 15 2003 :  08:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My wife has family that lives in Tryon and Columbus (short drive from Chimney Rock). We'll be in that area for a few days at about the time the Gathering was scheduled. When ever we visit that area, I always try and make it a point to visit DuPont State Forest (where all the water falls are). We probably won't be going to CR though. While I can't guarantee we'll go to DuPont, if anyone would like to walk with us, I'll find out when we'll be there and if schedules agree... maybe we could visit with other fans for a short period.

Marc
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 15 2003 :  11:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wha?

OK--I've been really out of the loop...but I just found out that the 2003 Gathering was cancelled! I wouldn't have been able to attend---school's running late due to snow days.... But I had hoped to live vicariously through those of you who would be in attendance at the Gathering.

I'm really sorry to hear about the cancellation. I'm really hoping for next year...!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 19 2003 :  10:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi all...
I live in the area and would be able to take a few days off if anyone wants to go to Dupont or CRP. It would be great to see you guys and I promise I won't throw myself off the cliff at Chimney Rock! So if anyone wants to "unofficially" hook up, I'm sure there are a few others interested. Rich, maybe you could take one teeny tiny day off? :-) Hmmm I guess we have to refer to this as a mini-gathering or un-gathering?
Stephanie

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - April 20 2003 :  03:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As many have said before, I am saddened to find out that the 2003 Gathering has been cancelled! I will definitely be there for the 2004 Gathering. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it too does not get cancelled. This will be my first gathering. If anyone has any information for me as far as how to sign up and everything please feel free to contact me.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 20 2003 :  07:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sent you an E-mail, chassis_22! The 2004 Gathering will go on, as planned, if the interest is there. It's as simple as that! I see no reason - at this point - for cancellation. Five in a row went off without a hitch!

Hey Steph! Fooled ya! I'm still off that week! Maybe I'll see you? Marc & Cherie & I might get together ... I hear GG will be in town ... maybe we can do a little something! ... just to keep the tradition strong!

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 20 2003 :  08:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rich,

I'm thinking of making the trek myownself...

Theresa

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 21 2003 :  10:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And a litle birdy tells me one Red-Haired Lass may also be headed that way! AND...there is talk that one "Gear Gal", Gadget Girl's infamous sidekick (Cecelia, from gatherings 2,3&4) may be in the neighborhood as well!

GG

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - April 22 2003 :  11:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, OK. I was just feeling better that I wouldn't be missing out on the 2003 Gathering (since there wasn't going to be one). Now you guys are making me jealous...well, not too much. I'll be honeymooning somewhere in western NC right about that time. But I'll miss you all and look forward to the possibility of 2004!!

Jayne

Jayne

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 26 2003 :  08:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good morning Mohicanlanders!

With the cancellation of the "Official" Gathering and with the possiblity of a few Mohicanlanders making the trek anyway, I was thinking that perhaps we could have a virtual Gathering. On the night we were scheduled to view the movie maybe we could all pop in the video/dvd and watch the film at the same time! What say you?

Theresa

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 30 2003 :  2:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds great Theresa. I had bought the new DVD and still have not had a chance to watch it. Seems like a good enough time as any. Hope all those who attend the "(Un-)Official Gathering" enjoy themselves.

Vincent

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - May 02 2003 :  5:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, the Red Haired Lass will definitely be in North Carolina on Friday and Saturday of the aforementioned weekend, communing in Chimney Rock with whomsoever may be there. Why you ask? I NEED TO BE IN CHIMNEY ROCK to maintain my sanity. The day before I come up there, I will be returning from three days in Phoenix locked up in the Convention Center with 9,000 Southern Baptists. The SBs are the biggest denomination in South Carolina so it behooves me to attend their national meeting. What this will be like I have no idea having never covered a major church convention. I'm wondering what the nightlife scene will be like because technically Southern Baptists aren't supposed to drink, but according to the woman who covered this meeting last year, THEY BEND THEM RULES QUITE A BIT.
But anyway, anyone who has ever covered a three day conference of any sort will tell you that MOUNTAIN AIR IS MUCH NEEDED after such an event. Look for me speeding in to town sometime on Friday, hold me back to keep me from flinging myself over them there cliffs. It's been a long year!
Christina

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 02 2003 :  7:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christina

Yes, the Red Haired Lass will definitely be in North Carolina on Friday and Saturday of the aforementioned weekend, communing in Chimney Rock with whomsoever may be there. Why you ask? I NEED TO BE IN CHIMNEY ROCK to maintain my sanity. The day before I come up there, I will be returning from three days in Phoenix locked up in the Convention Center with 9,000 Southern Baptists.
Christina

We're only 30 minutes East of Phoenix with Goldfield Ghost Town only a couple of miles away. The saloon is open and you're more than welcome to visit!
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 02 2003 :  9:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ooo,Ooo,Ooo Caitlin! THAT REMINDS ME! I'm gonna be in Scottsdale around the first of November - not sure which long weekend yet, for a meeting - Is that close to you and Jeff (and those two babies of course too)?

It's been so long since we saw you - I'd LOVE to get together with you when I come out that way - NEVER been there before!

Now, where exactly is Ros these days? Is she in AZ or NM?

Diana S.
  Previous Topic: 2004 Gathering Dates Topic Next Topic: A Gathering in 2004 - Your Ideas!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.26 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07