The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/15/2024 12:29:55 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 2004 Gathering Dates
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: In Some Detail - Rationale For the 2004 Itinerary Topic Next Topic: Someone Still Looking to Make The Trek ... in 03  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 24 2003 :  09:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address
Poll Question:
As the idea for a Grand Great Mohican Gathering in 2004 continues to gain momentum, a need arises to project dates. Sunday-Saturday
Your choice?
Two are given, and more than likely one of those will be it. However, if you can make a good argument for another week, be our guest!

Results:
June 13-19   [20%] 3 votes
June 20-26   [73%] 11 votes
Other [comment here]   [7%] 1 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 15 counted  »»   Last Vote: May 13 2003 11:25:39 AM 
report to moderator

hawkeye
Pioneer

Longhunter With Child
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 24 2003 :  7:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just food for thought... I voted for 20 - 26 June because of school. NOT MINE!! My son's... their school season doesn't end 'til right around the 13th of June and that's only if they don't have to make up any snow days. My $.02, minus inflation...

Marc
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

kgwhitney
Pathfinder

USA

July 26 2002

Posted - April 24 2003 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just in case we haven't said we will be coming, we will! Hope all is well with all the Mohicanlanders.
Mark, Kathy, and Nathan

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 27 2003 :  07:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For the most part, the 2 weeks equate to 6 of one, half a dozen of the other ... not too much difference ...

We have usually avoided that 2nd week because it conflicts with Fort Ticonderoga's Grand Encampment. However, this time I voted for that week for the very reason Marc mentioned. Down here in NC, school lets out in May, so it's not a factor. But, I know in many places - like my old home of NY - it doesn't end till later in June. Choosing that week might allow for some folks to attend who normally are not able to ...

Based on the sign-ups for the postponed 2003 Gathering, Fort Ti played no role whatsoever, so I'm all for the 2nd week!

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 27 2003 :  11:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
....AND, our anniversary falls within that week. Can't think of a greater group of folks to spend that with than Gatherers!

Theresa

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - May 06 2003 :  4:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for the first week because my husband was supposed to have his anual training for The USAF that week and didn't want to be stuck at home alone. Now he tells me that his anual training is going to be in July so the second option sounds better for me. He has drill the first weekend of the month so the second option gives him the oportunity to be able to come with me if he wants! Either way I will be there and can't wait to see everyone!

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 11 2003 :  9:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I vote for the later week, due to the school calendar here.
Usually, here in South Jersey, we're finished in mid-June (15th, 16th or so), but this year, we're here until June 25th!! (arghhh! snow days!) Hopefully, this year is a fluke!

I hope to attend the Gathering, but if I can't, I will live it vicariously through the rest of you!!!
  Previous Topic: In Some Detail - Rationale For the 2004 Itinerary Topic Next Topic: Someone Still Looking to Make The Trek ... in 03  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07