The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/27/2024 4:48:56 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 Gettysburg ... Pickett's Charge - 1863
 Gettysburg ... 1863
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Computer Gettysburg Topic   

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 01 2002 :  06:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For the next three days, July 1-3, 1863, the largest battle ever fought on American soil raged in normally serene Pennsylvania fields.

SEE: "I Have No Division!"

Hard to believe this really happened here ...
report to moderator

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - July 01 2002 :  07:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There was an article in the B'ham News yesterday about this. I've never been to Gettysburg but my parents have and they say it is quite a sight to see. I would love to get there oneday. I have been to the battlefield at Kennesaw, Ga. Sacred ground, too.

Theresa
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2002 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
From my trip on the Freedom Trail in Boston last fall, just after 9/11, I'll never forget reading about Paul Revere's grandson that died on July 4th after wounds he sustained at Gettysburg. Theresa, I too plan on making it there someday!

Diana S.

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - July 02 2002 :  4:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will be happy to be your guide, Ladies, or anyone else, as I am intimately familiar with Gettysburg. I have been there more times than anyone can count, and now live only 2 hours away.

My father, when he was in medical school in Philadelphia, went there with some friends from school. While they were walking along a dirt road...there were many back then...Dad kicked what he thought at first was a rock. It turned out to be a piece of grapeshot, which he picked up and put in his pocket. When we were kids, he'd get it out and tell us stories about Gettysburg and when we got old enough to understand things he took us there frequently. I am certain that this all started my interest in history and now I am a SERIOUS student of the CW. I research, write some, and speak on it, but I do not reenact it. My reenacting love is F&I, as you well know. There just is not time enough to do it all!

Oh...nearly forgot!! I now own that piece of grapeshot....it is a premier piece in my CW artifact collection.

The offer stands.....singly or in groups...

Pax aye!

Seamus

Edited by - Seamus on July 02 2002 4:26:55 PM

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - July 02 2002 :  6:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello Seamus! Thank you so much for this offer. I will certainly store it away in my memory bank and someday may take you up on it. Good to hear from you. Missed you and the guys at this year's Gathering.

Theresa

ColonialWoman
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

June 30 2002

Posted - June 08 2003 :  1:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit ColonialWoman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was just looking back over old topics and this one caught my eye. I was fortunate to be led around Gettysburg by someone who had grown up nearby and who even had relatives in the cemetery. Pickett's Charge area was very moving to me. I had geat granduncles and cousins who survived it, even the ones in the 26th NC, though I don't see how.

I just re-read Killer Angels recently.
  Previous Topic: Computer Gettysburg Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07