The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/6/2024 4:30:47 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 Everything dealing with THE ALAMO
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!! Topic Next Topic: Crockett Drawing!
Page: of 4

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - August 31 2003 :  12:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well,I know many of you here are interested with the Alamo and the upcoming film about the historical event.Here are a few places which will help those who want to chat,search,learn,and just browse on the Alamo.

www.thealamofilm.com Great website with up to date news and messageboards on the upcoming film THE ALAMO

www.alamosentry.com My website on the Alamo which contains material on both the ALamo film and the actual Event.

Thought those of you would like to know.

Wade

Image Insert:

36.58 KB

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 31 2003 :  06:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice, NICE pic there, Wade! Last evening, I watched the extended version of "Thirteen Days To Glory." I know that movie earned some criticism - and, to be sure, there is some weirdness in it - but, all in all, I really enjoy it. A young Alec Baldwin is the definitive Travis, and Raul Julia, as Santa Anna, would be hard to beat. Even James Arness [Bowie] and Brian Keith [Crockett] aren't bad ... if you can get past Bowie's Massachusetts accent and Crockett's aged appearance!! There are some extremeley poignant moments brought to life here ... i.e. Travis placing his ring around the neck of a baby shortly before the storming, the "Travis Letter," and the line in the sand ... figurative or literal, there WAS a line in the sand!

Can't wait for the new one!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 31 2003 :  11:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes I got this picture from the trailer.The cinematography will be awesome.The people who are playing the main characters have been said to be the spittin image.Here are a few pictures of them for those who haven't been able to get access to the pictures.

Here's Jason Patric as James Bowie

Image Insert:

5.84 KB

Here's Laura Clifton as Susanah Dickenson
Image Insert:

38.2 KB

Here's Billy Bob Thornton as David Crockett (No coonskin cap)

Image Insert:

33.11 KB

I'll post more later.This will obviously be the best Alamo film yet.

www.alamosentry.com

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2003 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've visited thealamofilm.com! It is indeed a great site. If I get my hands on a picture of Wes as Chief Bowl, you'll be the first to know Wade.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 03 2003 :  1:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like the thought of Billy Bob as Crockett, but Jason Patrick? As Bowie? I think he might make a fine Travis ... I'll have to see what he does as Jim Bowie. Who is Patrick Wilson, I believe his name is, who plays Colonel Travis?

To me, the fate of any movie centering on the Alamo hinges on who plays Travis. That's one reason I enjoy "Thirteen Days To Glory" ... Alec Baldwin was a perfect Travis.

But, knowing Clabert is in there somewhere will make this fun no matter what ... and, of course, Wes!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 03 2003 :  3:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Patrick Wilson is the man who plays Travis.He is around the same age as the real Travis and even looks like him.This is his first movie role...he used to perform in Broadway.The Trailer really shows me that he will be the best Travis.

Also,Thanks Carter.

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 03 2003 :  3:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Image Insert:

50.98 KB

Here's a close look at the three.

Left:Patrick Wilson (Travis) Middle: Thornton (Crockett) Right: Patric (Bowie)

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 06 2003 :  1:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another close up shot of Thornton as David Crockett.

Image Insert:

22.69 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 06 2003 :  1:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know, I have always thought Billy Bob has a... well, shall we say "an interesting face." Some might say it's "a face only a mother could love."

But now I have to say that I think his face is very well suited to this role. I can't remember seeing any actual likenesses of Crockett, but I think that Billy Bob looks like Crockett might have looked.

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 06 2003 :  8:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

More Pictures from The Alamo

Image Insert:

16.01 KB

Image Insert:

19.6 KB

Image Insert:

17.59 KB

Image Insert:

7.48 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 06 2003 :  8:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And More...On the far right is Emilio Echevarria as General Santa Anna.....courtesy thealamofilm.com

Image Insert:

77.34 KB

Patric Wilson as William Travis
Image Insert:

24.02 KB

I will post more later.I hope you all will enjoy them.

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 11 2003 :  3:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just a few more months before the Alamo comes out.Not much longer to wait.....I can't wait.

GBA
God Bless America

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 13 2003 :  02:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thought I'd share with yall a fan picture I did....

Image Insert:

74.33 KB

The blood....the grey hair is what I added....so any of yall thinking this is a spoiler pic.....it isn't.I hope yall like it.

Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 20 2003 :  5:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just a few more months until THE ALAMO comes out.

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 24 2003 :  3:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TONIGHT ON ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT...THEY ARE SHOWING NEW CLIPS OF THE ALAMO FILM.

ON FRIDAY OR THURSDAY BE SURE TO VISIT www.thealamofilm.com FOR THE SECOND TRAILER OF THE ALAMO

Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 25 2003 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So...... Wade........

You aren't excited...... are you?

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 25 2003 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh,I'm excited.

The Second Alamo Trailer is said to appear on www.thealamofilm.com some time today.

Make sure to check it out.

Also,Monday is my 15th birthday

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 25 2003 :  4:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah...Ah...Ah... Young Man! You put those beer mugs away!

We'll have no under-age drinking in Mohicanland! And, furthermore... you stay away from Seamus and his Ping!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - December 15 2003 :  7:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's some more pictures that I covered in sephia brown to give it an oldy feeling.

Image Insert:

64.83 KB

Image Insert:

45.66 KB

Image Insert:

52.19 KB

And some more pictures...

Image Insert:

84.97 KB

Image Insert:

18.48 KB

Image Insert:

55.53 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 15 2003 :  9:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, Young-un... I hope you get the History channel!

They are showing a documentary titled "Remember The Alamo" Tuesday night (the 16th) at 9:00 p.m. Eastern and 8:00 p.m. Central time.

TV Guide states: "In this comprehensive, balanced chronicle, historians dispel myths and shed light on facts... as they recall what led to the siege and detail the aftermath. It's a... lesson that's sure to fascinate anyone interested in learning more than what's usually taught in history class."

I plan to tune in.

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - December 16 2003 :  3:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm way ahead of ya! "lol"

www.alamosentry.com

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - December 17 2003 :  4:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched it.. seemed very "revisionist" to me ...
It never mentioned Travis' South Carolina roots only that he was from Alabama and harshly painted him as a "Runaway Husband and Father". Nothing about the circumstances of his abandoning his family. He was a prominant citizen not a "Deadbeat".

[He began the publication of a newspaper, the Claiborne Herald, joined the Masonic order at Alabama Lodge No. 3, and accepted a position as adjutant of the Twenty-sixth Regiment, Eighth Brigade, Fourth Division, of the Alabama Militia. A year later he abandoned his wife, son, and unborn daughter (Susan Isabella) and departed for Texas. The story has been told that Travis suspected his wife of infidelity, doubted his parenthood of her unborn child, and killed a man because of it. The story is probably correct, given its persistence, but hard evidence of it is lacking.]

The same with most of the program ...lots of speculation on the motives of the defenders...that's what the History Channel is mostly becoming.. "The Speculation Channel"

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - December 17 2003 :  9:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes,I agree.The documentary was trying too much to change the story and making it think everyone understood the story.

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 14 2004 :  6:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Image Insert:

4.4 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 15 2004 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is the banner up Rich?I couldn't find it....unless you haven't put it up yet.No rpoblem...

Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - January 16 2004 :  02:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade, Here is a little something I thought you would find interesting..a 7MM Remington Rolling Block Rifle used in the filming of John Wayne's "The Alamo". The little plate near the top is the fake flintlock that was attached to it.

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!! Topic Next Topic: Crockett Drawing!  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07