The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 7:40:55 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 Everything dealing with THE ALAMO
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!! Topic Next Topic: Crockett Drawing!
Page: of 4

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 18 2004 :  08:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Carter
...Wes was told at the Sundance film festival that his character Chief Bowl was cut out of "The Alamo".

That is a shame!

Has anyone heard from Claybert, whether he's still in?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 19 2004 :  4:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A few things I did for my website.

Image Insert:

4.26 KB

Image Insert:

2.44 KB

Image Insert:

2.46 KB

www.alamosentry.com

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 19 2004 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

quote:
Originally posted by Carter
...Wes was told at the Sundance film festival that his character Chief Bowl was cut out of "The Alamo".

That is a shame!

Has anyone heard from Claybert, whether he's still in?

I think he is, but don't quote me!! He'll be in the San Jacinto scenes. "Remember the Alamo!"

As I mentioned to Carter, regarding Wes, maybe he'll make it to the DVD!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 19 2004 :  8:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's what everyone on www.thealamofilm.com think as well rich.

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 21 2004 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My very own avatar!

Image Insert:

6.46 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 21 2004 :  10:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's a few things I wanted to post.

Image Insert:

3.09 KB

Image Insert:

4.48 KB

And a gift for those who love the "Rambo" style David crockett.Although it's small,but you can spot out whose who.This image isn't a spoiler.But rather a small fight scene with a soldado from the scene in the trailer where Crockett walks out to the jacales with a torch.

Image Insert:

7.47 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 22 2004 :  6:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just some fanart a friend did.

Image Insert:

40.18 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 22 2004 :  7:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A piece I just finished

Image Insert:

39.89 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 22 2004 :  7:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A signature icework designs made for me.

Image Insert:

32.59 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 24 2004 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A piece a friend did.

Image Insert:

43.88 KB

Another fan art piece I did.

Image Insert:

45.4 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 24 2004 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Custom banner I just did.

Image Insert:

4.27 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 25 2004 :  8:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another fan art piece I did.

Image Insert:

43.65 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 25 2004 :  8:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade:

About your friend's artwork....is it really historically accurate? I mean, I don't think that Tinkerbell and Mickey were really there...!

Next thing, we'll be seeing PeeWee Herman, in the basement of the Alamo...! (from "PeeWee's Big Adventure" for those who never saw the film)

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 09 2004 :  7:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just a joke there Dance

Image Insert:

3.58 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 12 2004 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
An avatar and new smiley for my messageboard

Image Insert:

45.25 KB

Image Insert:

1.63 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 12 2004 :  6:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Smiley

Image Insert:

1.62 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 14 2004 :  2:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A banner for an affiliate

Image Insert:

4.04 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 14 2004 :  2:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another banner for an affiliate

Image Insert:

4.18 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 18 2004 :  11:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The graphics on my messageboard became unhosted so now I have to fix everything!

Image Insert:

13.23 KB

Image Insert:

2.16 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - March 18 2004 :  11:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And custom buttons...

Image Insert:

3.06 KB

Image Insert:

2.61 KB

Image Insert:

2.67 KB

Image Insert:

2.59 KB

Image Insert:

2.67 KB

Image Insert:

2.63 KB

Image Insert:

3.16 KB

Image Insert:

3.13 KB

Image Insert:

3.09 KB

www.alamosentry.com

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 23 2004 :  6:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade:

Check out the April 2004 issue of Smithsonian magazine. There's an article about the Alamo. I doubt there's anything there that's news to you, but you can add it to your collection!

Opening day approaches.....!

DWB

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 23 2004 :  8:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes! And I have seen the trailer on TV! Young-un... you must be about beside yourself with anticipation!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2004 :  09:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
'The Alamo' Could Be Everyone's Last Stand

"I'm not the first to observe that Disney's big "Nemo"/"Pirates of the Caribbean" year is over. And now, what do we have? "The Alamo," a movie that Ron Howard backed out of at the last minute. "The Alamo" opens shortly and should be, by all accounts, a spectacular dud.

Directed instead by John Lee Hancock ("The Rookie"), the tale of Sam Houston's famous battle stars Dennis Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton, and the disagreeable Jason Patric. Otherwise, the huge cast is composed of mostly unknowns with the exception of Wes Studi, who I think has to be in every Hollywood film with Indians for good luck.

"The Alamo" cost between $95 million and $105 million to make, which means it's really around $150 million after marketing costs are thrown in. It rolls out on April 9 in the U.S. and then in a lot of other places where scenic vistas will mean more than dialogue — like Argentina, Norway, and Iceland.

Ron Howard, by the way, bagged this project when he saw it was getting out of hand. His public reason was that he couldn't get the budget he wanted, but you have to think that even he could have made a good movie for a paltry $95 million. No, Howard is one of Hollywood's smart guys, and I think he realized this was a losing situation for him. Instead, his name goes on as one of the producers but otherwise he's out of it. We'll see if he was right or wrong shortly.

In the meantime, I do think Disney should take a look at the merchandise they're selling at Disney/MGM in Orlando. At the Indiana Jones pavilion, across from The Muppets 3-D Movie Theater, guests can purchase working air rifles that look amazingly like real rifles from several large kiosks. I guess it's for parents who've just had enough at the end of a long day and need to let off some steam. Duck, kids!"

Hmmmm...somebody needs to tell the writer that Wes was cut from the movie. No wonder it's a dud! And maybe the reason Wes is in every movie that has Indians is because he is by far the most talented!

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 05 2004 :  3:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm seeing posters and trailers all over the place lately...the BIG day arrives soon!

Wade---

Have you purchased your opening-night movie tickets yet?!!!

Do you have an official countdown?!!!

Well, all I know is that it will be a "Good Friday" for you!!!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - April 06 2004 :  10:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tommorow is 2 days and I just purchased the soundtrack today.The Music is epic...very nice theme.

I"M COUNTING DOWN :)

www.alamosentry.com
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!! Topic Next Topic: Crockett Drawing!  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07