The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 7:50:02 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 Lexington Green - 1775
 Washington Crossing the Delaware/Battle of Trenton
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Brown Bess Info Topic Next Topic: The First Shot!  

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 14 2003 :  11:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just checking out the schedule for the reenactments of Washington crossing the Delaware and the Battle of Trenton. I've never made it to the crossing, but watching the Battle of Trenton is really an experience---in the heart of downtown Trenton!!

Does anyone remember a few years back when the reenactors had to WALK across the Delaware River because the water level was too low?!!!
http://wesclark.com/jw/cros_del.html

Is anyone here part of the reenactments? I'd love to hear about it...I am a mere spectator!

Anyway, here's the schedule of the events:

http://www.tencrucialdays.com/html/master_schedule.htm

Today is the dress rehearsal for the crossing of the Delaware, and we are getting snow here in New Jersey!!

Ahh, New Jersey, from whence many good things come! (Why else do 8 million people want to live here in 8000 square miles....?!!!)

report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 14 2003 :  11:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Beagles, for posting those links! This is a topic I am quite fond of. (See Washington Crossing the Delaware). I am determined that one of these years I will get down that way to see the re-enactments.

And I agree with you... at least about the New Jersey of 200-250 years ago. Some of my family roots come out of Morris County, NJ!

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - December 14 2003 :  2:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey! I grew up in N New Jersey, Caldwell. Were are you from, DWB?

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 14 2003 :  8:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

Hey! I grew up in N New Jersey, Caldwell. Were are you from, DWB?

Yo!

I'm not a NJ native, but I lived for years in Somerville (great town!), and now I'm in south Jersey (Glassboro). Yes, there IS civilization down here! I've never been to Caldwell, but I know it's WAY up in north jersey.

Where are you now? (if I remember from some posts, it sounds like you're in Alaska...?)

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - December 14 2003 :  10:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am... in Anchorage.

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 16 2003 :  8:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

I am... in Anchorage.

Awesome place....definitely NOT New Jersey!

I visited Anchorage in 1995....among other things, I wanted to see the famous Binky the Polar Bear....but a day or two after I arrived, Binky & Nuka both died. Have they been replaced since?

(WAYYYYYY off the original topic.......!!!)

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - December 16 2003 :  10:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We got two new cubs awhile back, a polar bear,Ahpun, and a grizzly bear, Oreo. They lived in the same cage until recently when Oreo got too rough with Ahpun. The zoo was trying him out with an adult grizzly when winter struck, so they may have to continue the experiment in the spring. The two cubs lived together for far longer than the officials thought they would. They were quite an attraction.
Chris
  Previous Topic: Brown Bess Info Topic Next Topic: The First Shot!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07