The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/18/2024 10:50:36 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Adorable Ariel's Auction Area
 Recent Ariel Newpaper Article
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Just in from Eric Schweig Topic Next Topic: Wes Studi To Donate To Ariels Auction - 2004!  

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - December 29 2003 :  10:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,all. I posted this on the Weekly Update but want to place it here in the more appropriate spot. I heard from Ariel's parents and they sent me an article that was in the Edmonton Sun. Please take a few moments to read it...then please consider a donation to Ariel's Cabin when you are registering for the 2004 Gathering. Items that are related to LOTM, the time period of the movie, handmade crafts, or whatever you wish to add to the already-growing list of donations. Even Wes Studi and the Studigroup have contributed! All you big-hearted LOTM fans...I KNOW you're out there! I just LUUUV your generosity ! And the link is...

http://www.noeyes.com/Ariel_Edmonton_Sun_December_27th,_2003_Page_7.pdf

Jayne

report to moderator

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 29 2003 :  11:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Jayne,
I read the article and I am so proud to be in this group!!! It is so nice that y'all have helped Ariel in the past, and hopefully, we can raise even more money for her in 2004!!!

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - January 07 2004 :  10:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, All.

I have to share with you an email I received in response to the article about Ariel. This has come from an incredibly generous and kind person (who wishes to remain anonymous - although we've seen this person here on this board many times). It reminded me of the good, big-hearted people who spend time here and at the Gatherings. I truly look forward to June and doing my best to help Ariel and her family - this email was a tremendous inspiration! I applaud all of you who have already promised donations and those of you who will!

And the email says..."Hi Jayne,
Ever since I read the newspaper article that you sent, I have been thinking (I know, that can be very dangerous!!!) BUT...... I wanted to know what you thought about this. A couple of years back, I bought one of the TY teddy bears for my neice. Her name is Ariel too, and the little bear's name is Ariel. Well, my sister had the same idea, so my neice didn't need two bears, so this little bear has just been sitting around, waiting for a home to go to. If Ariel's parents haven't already got her the bear, do you think that it would be OK if I sent the bear to you and you send it on to Ariel. Maybe if she has a little teddy bear that has the same name that she does, she will start saying her name more.She can even take Ariel with her to the hospital when she has to go. I also love the little poem that comes with the bear. This is what it says:

May little children everywhere
Remember that we'll always care
And Ariel's dreams will always come true
Because she'll share them all with you
Will you write to her parents and see if it is OK to do this? Thanks Jayne!!!"

Of course, Ariel's parents said "YES"!

Jayne
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Just in from Eric Schweig Topic Next Topic: Wes Studi To Donate To Ariels Auction - 2004!  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.26 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07