The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/16/2024 9:02:15 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 One of the Finest Films
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: what .....huh??? Topic Next Topic: OH WOW!! YOU ALL HAVE TO READ THIS!!!  

Lurking Huron8428
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - January 31 2004 :  02:11:49 AM  Reply with Quote
LOTM is one of my favorite films. The emotion, the scenery, the music... It's all just so bloody perfect. No movie, save Schindler's List, has ever affected me so much.

I especially like from Massacre Valley onwards... Those last scenes of Uncas and Alice are so stirring and sad... For a character who didn't have very much to do, she was very heart wrenching in those last scenes. Her sad, resolved expression before she stepped off the cliff.

Uncas is gorgeous and I think Eric is a fine actor. This movie also gave me a new appreciation for DD Lewis and M Stowe. Truly wonderful movies like these are fewer and fewer. I can't get over that this was made in 1992! Such a long time ago!

I saw on older threads where some of you said that you thought Alice would be prettier. I think Jodhi May is very pretty and unique. She has a very innocent quality to her face, much better than everybody else who cakes on makeup. I also like the kinds of movies that she does.

I also can't get that this movie was filmed so close to me. I live not 20 miles from the Smoky Mountains in TN. I know it was filmed in North Carolina.

Were the scenes of the carriage passing over the bridge shot at Biltmore? Was Massacre Valley also shot there? I was recently up there and it looked very familiar.

Sorry to prattle so much. Just a true LOTM movie lover!
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 31 2004 :  06:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Lurking Huron8428!

Agree with your assessments of the film & Jodhi May.

Yes, the bridge is at Asheville's Biltmore Estate - the Bass Pond Bridge. Massacre Valley, though, is in the North Cove area of McDowell County - just north of Marion, my home town.

Join in any time!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 31 2004 :  09:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello Huron8428, and welcome!

Great comments. Why don't you register and join in here permanently? We'd love to have you.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

ForestMurmurs
Lost in the Wilderness

February 01 2004

Posted - February 01 2004 :  01:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi! I took your advice and am no longer LurkingHuron, but ForestMurmurs. This is a very impressive site! I love the second person's quote. It perfectly describes how LOTM affects me.

First person who responded, I like that pic! Braveheart is another favorite of mine. You know what I found a coincidence, but you may find stupid, is that Marion(your hometown) was actually the name of William Wallace's girl, Murin. I don't know why they changed her name, but Marion was really killed by the English. If you didn't know, I thought it may interest you.

Anyway, you know what I am pissed about? I BOUGHT the LOTM soundtrack about five years ago for my sister and it eventually fell into my hands. NOW I can't find it. I am afraid that someone might have carted it off to the DiscExchange or something. I am disappointed because Clannad to lulling me to sleep would have been wonderful.

Anyway, if any of you guys care, I am going to make a post introducing myself.

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - February 02 2004 :  05:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Forest Murmurs, great to have you in the 'community'!

I agree with your opinion about all the emotions in Alice's face in the end... It still makes my tears run down my face... such sadness.

BTW, there's a great translate option but not in my language!! Dutch... Well, I almost understand anything you say, because of my strange-language-knowledge.. I think that has something to do with my past life.

Marg*

I do not call myself subject too much at all... -Hawkeye
  Previous Topic: what .....huh??? Topic Next Topic: OH WOW!! YOU ALL HAVE TO READ THIS!!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07