The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 5:21:09 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Adorable Ariel's Auction Area
 Ariel's Auction Results Are In!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Donations for Ariels Auction 2006 Topic Next Topic: Read This - A Surprise Phone Call!!  

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - June 28 2004 :  11:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$1,843!!

We managed to increase over the last time by $600!! WooHooo!

Many thanks to the generous donations and bids/purchases by you wonderful people.

There were 78 items up for auction plus many things on our sale table. Also made over $300 on 3 raffle items (Ann's beautiful red cape won by Teri, Wolf print won by Karen W., and the Spiritual
Symphony print won by Diana - a nongatherer but a Joanne Shenandoah fan who drove from Tennessee just to see her at Spirits on the River ).

A check will be sent to the Boutette family in the next couple of days. More tidbits later...

Jayne
report to moderator

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - June 28 2004 :  11:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow...Jayne that is wonderful. You did such a great job, I know it was not easy getting all that stuff out to the games. You handled it all so smoothly. Thank you for doing this tough job,

Support our Country, our President and our Troops
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - June 28 2004 :  12:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cherie,

I had so much help particularly from my sister, Karen W. Since she didn't do much hiking, she stayed back and "held down the fort" so to speak. Kay helped too, especially last Monday while Don & I went to Linville/Table Rock. Pat helped man the tables at the games. We'll get that last minute "money-taking" routine down better next time (we already have THE plan), but all-in-all things did go very smoothly. Theresa helped load up the van before heading to the games, and thank goodness for all the tables from the Geneva!

And YOU, my friend, did a fine job with the general raffle Thanks for all your work, and thanks for sending out my messages at the games!! Love the basket, by the way!

Jayne

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 28 2004 :  12:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excellent! Most excellent!!!

Thank you, Jayne, for all of your hard work for little Ariel. Thanks, too, to all who donated items for the auction.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 28 2004 :  1:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jayne

$1,843!!

We managed to increase over the last time by $600!! WooHooo!

Holy Cow!!! Great, great sum! That's wonderful ...

Thank you, Jayne ... and to your helpers ... for all you've done. I know it was no easy task!

Thanks to ALL who contributed to the effort!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 28 2004 :  2:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jayne,
Congratulations to you and your team of elves (helpers) for a job well done! You should really be proud of yourselves for the hard work that paid off for little Ariel!
Stephanie

Lady Ann
Pioneer

USA

May 20 2002

Posted - June 28 2004 :  2:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Jayne, Karen and all who contributed to the success of Ariel's Cabin (you too, Kate, for leading the way). As far as I am concerned, Ariel's Cabin is the heart of Mohicanland...the movie, the BB, the other Gathering activities are all wonderful, but what makes this community great is its kindness and concern for others. Few, if any, of us have ever met Ariel and her family, but yet countless hours of work and lots of hard-earned dollars are expended on her behalf...and that's just part of it. The kindness and generosity that are so large a part of Mohicanland were manifest in a thousand ways, constantly, over the course of the Gathering...sharing a ride or a meal with another who came up short, stepping in to help solve the numerous "glitches" that occurred during the week (both logistical and financial), showing genuine courtesy in difficult situations. If there were any sour moods or unkind words, I didn't hear them or see their evidence...(making exceptions about the accommodations at the Geneva here, but those comments were well deserved!) What draws me back to the Gatherings year after year isn't the opportunity to see the movie wide screen or meet the principal actors, the experience of hiking and rafting beautiful natural areas or even the chance to socialize with like minded LOTM enthusiasts...Nope, it is being with people who are, unfortunatly, anomalies in today's world...people who care about the well-being of their fellow man...care enough to actually do good in this world, without seeking reward or recognition for their acts. THAT is what Mohicanland is all about.

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - June 28 2004 :  3:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ditto, ditto, ditto!!

Kind and caring people, indeed, Lady Ann! Love you all!

Jayne

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 28 2004 :  5:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jayne,
That is wonderful!!!!!! I am glad that the auction did so well!
Of course, with you in charge and that very sweet sister of yours helping out, and all of the contributions, it was sure to be a success.

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - June 29 2004 :  11:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're kind to say it, Kay. But the job just isn't that hard from my end. It's all of you guys who donate and/or bid that make the auction work. I took that job not only for the obvious reasons of helping out a special needs child, but also as a way of getting to know more Gathering folks better. So...a little bit of a selfish motive on my part. I'm waiting to get my pics back so I can send one or two to the Boutettes along with the check. Should be this afternoon. I WILL get that warm, fuzzy feeling as I send it off today.

I do owe my sister a big hug and a kiss for all her help. I think she's still a bit under the weather but will be posting soon.

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 04 2004 :  2:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I'm a bit slow to show up after the Gathering, but that "bug" that woke me up at 4am a week ago today just didn't want to let go. It was a wonderful Gathering and I was so glad to be able to help out with Ariel's Auction. Everyone was so generous with both donations and bids. Like Jayne, I feel a little bit selfish about the whole thing as I initially offered to help her out in order to meet more Gathers and get to know people a bit better. It has been such a won-derful experience and I will help again whenever needed. I still can't believe that I won the print~sorry Kate!! It will have a place of honor as Jim likes it as much as I do. Kay, I'm now reading The Biography~can't believe I had the winning bid on that either. Please tell Cindy, Phyllis and Kim how very much I enjoyed meeting them. You know how much I enjoyed meeting you too, I hope. I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone in 2006. Maybe Jim will be able to join in the fun too.

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 05 2004 :  9:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Karen,
So sorry the bug hit you so hard. I only had it for a day and I thought that I had it too long!!!
Karen, you did a wonderful job helping out with Ariel's Auction and I was so glad that I was able to meet you. I can't wait until we have the 2006 Gathering!!! I just got back and I already want another one. All of my gang loved you, and you are very special to Kim!!!
I hope that you enjoy the Biography.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 05 2004 :  11:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the money raise through the Auction!
You all worked so very hard and did a wonderful job!
It never ceases to amaze me, the love and devotion of this family in Mohicanland.

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 06 2004 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's always amazing to me, too, Caitlin. With all the other expenses and activities that go with the Gathering (especially this year!), so many people still manage to make a donation, place a bid, or buy something for the fundraiser. Ariel is such a special little girl - she just seems to bring out the best in us!

Jayne

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 07 2004 :  3:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Kay! Do you find yourself looking around when you're out and about and expecting to see blue flags on cars and the faces of fellow Gatherers? That has happened to me a couple of times and then I rem-ember where I am. Two years seems like a long time, but I'm sure it will pass by pretty quickly.
I'm about half way through The Biography, just gearing up for "My Left Foot". Did you read the book? It's pretty interesting~and one of my favorite pictures is on the back cover!
Take care and say hi to everyone for me, ok?

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - July 07 2004 :  7:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jayne! Karen! Kay and Patrick too!!!

YOU GUYS DID A TERRIFIC JOB!!!!! That's a FABULOUS sum! You folks worked so hard - you deserve your success!! I DO know that it takes the people who donate - and buy, to make it sucessful. But I ALSO know that you folks worked DARN HARD! I WAS THERE! I SAW WHAT YOU DID!!

And I have to say - Ann, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!!! All the activities we have such FUN doing, are not the draw to a Gathering for me either. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE all these things! But - it's the PEOPLE. I LOVE the people! And I LOVE meeting and greeting them each year, like the dear friends they have become! They're warm, generous, VERY GIVING folks, who have it in their hearts to help a child and her family get through some difficult times in their lives. Yes, they also give it to each of their fellow Gatherers too, without hesitation.

One night, I was lying in bed in the Apartment I was sharing with 4 (5 counting Carter who had to leave early, darn it!) other people, and I suddenly thought 'which Gatherer would I be hesitant to put my 'trust' in'... and do you know what, I couldn't think of ONE PERSON there, that I wouldn't trust? AMAZING!

And through the years, this... this 'spirit' has remained a constant. Though some people have gone, somehow, each new 'Mohicanite' has had the same generous, warm heart and caring spirit of their predecessors. IT'S TRULY AN AMAZING THING!! Just how does this happen?? When you really think about it, try to work it out, it defies analysis - it just 'is'.

Yes indeed, Ariel's Cabin DOES take some planning, and some work - but it's made all the easier because kind hearted Gatherers donate and buy.

ON THE OTHER HAND - DON'T BE AFRAID TO GIVE YOURSELVES A PAT ON THE BACK FOR A JOB REALLY WELL DONE!! And I'm happy to do it for you!!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 08 2004 :  1:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank ye kindly, Kate! You were a big help passing on advice and your own experiences to help us get started!

Jayne

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 03 2005 :  9:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is there going to be another auction? If so, I might have something to donate.

We become what we think about.

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 03 2005 :  10:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love these old threads being brought back. It makes me think tat the 2006 Gathering is just around the corner!!!

Karen,
I never saw that last post that you made. No, I never read the book. Just bought it for the auction, but I am so glad that you are the one that won it!!!
I can't wait to see you, Jayne, and all of the others again. It will get here before we know it, so like Dark Woods, I have some things for Ariel's Auction. Maybe we will do over $2000.00 next year. I am defintely going to bring more money next time!!!
I love y'all and will talk to y'all soon.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 09 2005 :  3:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Kay! How the heck are ya? I haven't been in Mohicanland for so long that I almost forgot how to get here. For some reason I seem to be a little preoccupied these days with my new granddaughter. Wow, what an experience it is! When Jim & I went out to Ocracoke last month for a week, we went via 40 and passed all of the exits for the places we've been during Gatherings. Boy, did that ever make me miss everyone. Especially knowing there is no Gathering this year. I will be thinking about the auction (and raffle?) during the next few months and will try to come up with some good donations. I think $2000 is a great goal. Jim saw SOTR on the Food channel yesterday and thought we should go there. I agreed and then reminded him that I've been there. Guess he didn't remember the pictures I showed him!
I hope everyone out there is well and that we'll all meet again next year in NC. Take care, Kay.
Love, Karen

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 09 2005 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Karen,
I bet that you spoil her silly, don't ya??? That is what grandmas are for.
I just found out that I'm gonna be a grandma again.
This will make #7. I'm already looking at baby clothes!!!
I will be in North Carolina next month, but we will be around the Greensboro area. We want to go to Old Salem and on up to Hanging Rock.
I have a friend that loves Andy Griffith, so we will be going to Mount Airy too.That is Andy Griffith's home town. It will be like we are in Mayberry. It even has a 60's squad car that gives you a tour of the town.
Now, so as not to stray away from the thread, I really want to help you more next year. You need more of a break than what you got last year, so make sure to let me know when you need help. Okay?
Don't stay away so long. I love hearing from you!!!
Take care.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 07 2005 :  4:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Kay! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. Wow! Number seven. I'm probably lucky to get the one I have, so yes, she is get-ting a little spoiled. She is also an only great-grandchild. I told her Mom and Dad that Adele is too little right now to realize it when I bring things for her. When she's older and knows more about what is going on I'll be more careful. At least that's what I told them!
Wish I'd been in Mt. Airy with you. I'm also a big Andy Griffith fan. I've always wanted to go there, but my husband has no interest in it. We go near there on our way to the Outer Banks, but that's as close as I get. I do know that Andy has a home in Manteo, NC, which we go through on our way to the Banks, but I have no idea just where it is. I'm sure he likes it just fine that way. There's a small town in Indiana named Danville that has a Mayberry Cafe. The decor is all from the old Andy Griffith show and they too have an old 60's squad car that sits out in front of the restaurant. Another little town in IN named New Castle has a festival sometime in the summer to celebrate the old Andy Griffith show. Some of the actors from the show are usually there. I've never made it to that either. Too many choices of things to do!
Guess none of that had anything to do with a Gathering auction did it? Well, all I can say is that I hope to be at the next Gathering. Time will tell I guess. Jayne is my backup sitter for Adele and she's also my Gathering traveling buddy, so not sure what we'll do. All I can say is I sure want to see everyone again. Take care!
Karen
PS Tell Kim I will no longer be rafting on the Nolichucky. My left hand is now in a splint for three weeks due to what the doctor con-siders to be an injury from my "swim" last year! She told me I was nuts to go on that trip. Guess she was right!

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 07 2005 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmmm, I guess that I did get us a little off topic, didn't I? I tend to do that every now and then.
To get back on topic, I'm trying to find something special for next year's auction. Just haven't found it yet.
Take care of yourself Karen and thanks for reminding me why I didn't do the rafting thing.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Previous Topic: Donations for Ariels Auction 2006 Topic Next Topic: Read This - A Surprise Phone Call!!  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.55 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07