The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 8:17:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 Mohican Board's Alamo Battle Storyline!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Alamo Plaza : A Star Reborn Topic Next Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!!  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - September 28 2004 :  5:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did the same at Alamo Sentry, so I thought it would be fun for those here who know about the story of the Alamo and enjoy writing to began their own Alamo storyline. Feel free to include yourselves as defenders as that's what I'll be doing.

It is the afternoon of March 5th, 1836 and the defenders of the Alamo have grown weary, tired, and dirty.

And begin from there...

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

joseph wiggs
Colonial Settler

USA

January 12 2005

Posted - February 03 2007 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Santa Anna has strung up the red flag which means no quarter. His past record speaks for itself and, he means business. The general consensus here is that escape is impossible and surrendering is out of the question. Hope still remains that aid will arrive soon and break the blockade before it's to late. One can only hope. Please God, spare my wife and child. I should not have brought them here but, Loved them too much to leave them behind. Lord, what have I done. If the end arrives, I hope that I go down fighting so as not to embarrass my kin.

Lt. Dickinson, March 5th. 12:37 hours.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - July 20 2007 :  05:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
March 6, 1836

On that fateful day, Davy Crockett woke up and walked from his bunk on the floor of the Alamo up to the observation post on the west wall.

William B. Travis and Jim Bowie were up there already. The three gazed at the hordes of Mexicans moving steadily towards them.

Crockett turned to Bowie with a puzzled look on his face and said, "Jim, are we landscaping today?"

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 20 2007 :  10:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just another day in south Texas.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

joseph wiggs
Colonial Settler

USA

January 12 2005

Posted - July 22 2007 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
March 6th., daybreak

The enemy has surrounded the fort with their infantry, with the cavalry forming a circle outside to prevent escape. What they fail to realize is that many a Texan patriot will soon come to our aid and break that circle along with their pipe dreams!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - July 22 2007 :  4:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah Seamus, - where was that wall when it was really needed?

you can keep "The Change"
  Previous Topic: Alamo Plaza : A Star Reborn Topic Next Topic: Im going to the Alamo!!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07