The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/15/2024 4:44:12 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 BUMPPIN' 'ROUND BUMPPO'S
 The Tales MacWilliam ...
 Sittin' and Thinkin'
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: The Night of Merriment, 1758 - part 1 Topic Next Topic: Shelter in the Snow, Part 2
Page: of 2

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - February 20 2004 :  06:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alas, Theresa, we will not be able to make the Gathering this year. June is a horrifically busy month for us, and, try as we might, we just could not free the time needed for the trip. It falls right between back-to-back long (3-4 day) weekends and would leave no time to regroup from one and repack for the other.

In addition, it's not fair to the formerly dark-haired lass to saddle her with 2 solid weeks of duties here! Besides, I kinda like it here, and don't want to risk finding a yard full of my toys when I get home from it all! Malcolm and all the MacWilliam boys are my friends, but I really don't want to have to share an apartment with them!! Besides, Uncle Angus's sheep always want the remote, and I get sick of Animal Planet.

There may be a 'book-signing op' one of these times, though. One nevers knows.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 20 2004 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

GG

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 20 2004 :  12:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, I was bummed, too ... not quite moved to the hysterics of GG, though Seamus , but I was a-hopin' ...

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 20 2004 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excuse me, sir?????????? Hysterics???????????

I'll show you hysterics.....

Perhaps we could work on some sort of satellite comlink and have "embedded" gatherers at their events, or perhaps Stephen Hawkings could help us out with some quasi- (as in Uncle) quantum physical time warp thingy to get them to NC....or...or... SCOTTY?????? Could you PLEASE beam us some MacWilliams???????

I repeat

GG

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - February 20 2004 :  5:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Damn! Damn!

I was so hoping you guys would be able to make it this time. Won't be the same without you...never is. We'll raise a glass in your honor and talk about the fun times.

Theresa

Sjt. Malcolm MacWilliam
Pioneer

September 11 2002

Posted - March 09 2004 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First, I am so sorry that it has been so long since I, and cousin Many Flags, have posted here. We have been very busy, moving around the area, searching, scouting, marching, etc. Second, as cousin Seamus has alluded, we will not be at the Gathering, and so sorry about that also. The end of June I plan on being in Williamsburg with my lads of the grenadier company and others of the King's men, upholding law and order. So, Pax Aye to you all. 1st Sjt. MacWilliam, Highland Battalion, Grenadiers

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 09 2004 :  8:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sjt. Malcolm! You have been greatly missed! We thought we were never to hear the next part of your story. We thought it might be that you had perhaps somehow met your demise deep in the woods of the Pennsylvania colony, and are most happy to learn it is not so.

And I see that we are to congratulate you on your field appointment to 1st Sarjent! Well done, sir, and welcome home! It is our hope that you will be able to stay awhile to refresh yourself and visit with your family... and perhaps continue with your story.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 10 2004 :  07:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations on your appointment to First Sergeant, Malcolm. Hopefully the offical warrant should reach you within a year or so (Given the state of communication here in the colonies). In celebration of you becoming "Top Kick", I do believe a round of Maderia is in order at the Sergeant's Mess. We wouldn't want to break from tradition...

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 10 2004 :  10:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sgt. MacWIlliam - A sight for sore eyes indeed! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED! You've always been "1st Sargeant" with us!!!

It's true, there was none more disappointed than I at the news you boys wouldn't be traveling south this June. DISAPPOINTED? More like shattered! BUT...I understand you guys have lots of events and to-dos in the summer months and we SURE wouldn't want to get Seamus in hot water (warm water maybe, but never hot water) with the Dark-Haired Lass, or you with your Magdelena (don't have my chronicles right here by me side - did I get that right?) How are the other fellows (Many Flags, Druncle Mark, Uncle Angus - I was really looking forward to some tales of his escapades)? Next time you feel some creative juices flowing, head on over here to MohicanLand and sit and chat a while! You'll ALWAYS find a welcome ear here! I'll always get goose bumps when I think of the morning I popped on the board and found a mysterious post titled "Morning Dress" I believe it was!

Good to hear from ya, Buddy!

GG

P.S. (GG whispers to Malcolm - Shhhhh, there's word of a contingent heading near to the Cooperstown area in the fall. Not sure when, but perhaps you boys will have an event around that time and not too far away for US to drop in on!)

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - March 10 2004 :  4:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh... Sjt. MacWilliam (note I use the American spelling, in yer honour?!) 'Tis MIGHTY FINE to be hearing yer voice again once more, lad!! It seems 'DAYS AND DAYS' since I last heard of you!!! May I congratulate you on the occassion of your promotion?? Though in MY humble opinion, it was TOO LONG IN COMING, MY DEAR!!

How it grieves me to hear that I shall NOT be meeting up with you, Many Flags, Seamus, Davey, Three Tales, Uncle Angus, Uncle Quasi, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, in the Blue Ridge this coming summer!! Especially after Uncle Quasi changing his sock and all!!! You have NO IDEA how disappointing that news is!! Much as I understand the circumstances, lad, it's with real heavy heart that I accept what has to be!

No, wait!! I don't accept it AT ALL!!! I'm upset, and throwing a tantrum as we speak!!

Howsever, knowing the difficulties of imposing law and order in a, quite frankly, pretty lawless state at the moment, I understand that you must keep your eye on your duty, sir!!!

I will continue to listen out for news of you and your Company and for the good news that you are once again 'in our neighbourhood'!!

Please give ALL m' braw lads a cuddle fae me (and one for yersel', m'dear!) - at least tell them I send them one! I wish you ALL God speed and SAFE JOURNEY wherever you may travel!

For the meantime, Ahhhh... it's SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!! I sorely missed you and your stories!! Uh... we can get back on track with the Chronicles now, yes??

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - March 14 2004 :  08:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhh, my cousin the 1Sjt....that Malcolm fellow...is in his cups already this fine morning. Did his prayin' , then went straight to the communion cup filled with Scotch. Now, don't be thinkin' that he is sacreligous.!! He just knows that God appreciates a man who, when he does things, he does them to the fullest!! And didn't God create all those natural items which make up the "water of life".....So, Malcolm says to me, write to the good people for me, Many Flags - to GG and Wild Woman!! and Kate and Sjt. Munro, and all the Mohicanland people, and let them know that we are very sorrowful that we canna make it this summer. But, the King's business is needin' to be done (I believe that esp. Kate will understand that!!). So, dear folks, that's what I am writin' to you. AND, by the way, dear ones.....one of you ladies made comment that my cousin the Sjt. was sleeping with Magdalena.....remember now, we share many things....but NOT wives.!! His wife is Maggie (whom I have never met). But Malcolm being in the colonies as long as he has been, HAS met meine Liebe Magdalena...but I hope only with a brush of the cousinly lips on the cheek (face!!). So Gut!!
Pax Aye.....Many Flags of the Allemaengel

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 14 2004 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Many Flags
... and Wild Woman...!!

Hahahaha..... that is so-o-o-o-o-o not me!! More appropriately, that should be "Mild" Woman!

BTW, Many Flags, I apologize for my confusion. In looking back, I see that it is your story here, not your dear cousin's. But my congratulations to the good Sarjent still stand!

I remain,
Wilderness Woman!

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - March 14 2004 :  7:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sooo, instead of WW it should be MW for Milderness Woman!! HA.....I made a funny!! Just got back from the aged parents. Meine Mutter turns 84 years young tomorrow....Vater being 87. Amazing people for their age. Also there was brother Three Tales, his wife Two Bottle and their two children, nephew Half Breed, his father and mother (meine Schwester), and, of course, meine Liebe Magdalena with two of our three children - Andreas and Julia, my eldest daughter being away at University. It was a wunderbares time. I have decided, along with cousin Malcolm, that a new story may be in the future. So, keep yer eyes peeled (tis like peeling grapes!!) and we will see. Pax Aye! MF

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 15 2004 :  07:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh my, Many Flags. Please do go about signing your full name in closing rather than the initials MF...for in today's society that could be misconstrued.

Theresa
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: The Night of Merriment, 1758 - part 1 Topic Next Topic: Shelter in the Snow, Part 2  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.38 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07