The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/28/2024 4:37:54 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Madeleine Stowe Returns ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Updated LOTM Locations Screensaver ... for free! Topic Next Topic: Free Giveaway of Masterpiece Theatre Version of LOTM!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 29 2006 :  06:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woke up this morning to 3 E-mails in my box, each with a photo attached, all from Madeleine Stowe. Quite a surprise!

I will post them this weekend ...

The pics are candid shots, taken in her car with a camera phone! Cool!

Back to my real existence ... off to work!
report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 29 2006 :  09:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I bet THAT made your day, Sachem!!!!!

Watched one of the videos I acquired via the raffle at the gathering with Mady in it. It was called Avenging Angelo. Downside, it has Sly Stallone in it (although he was tolerable), upside is that Mady is quite comical and beautiful in it. She made this movie!!! I actually liked the movie - Sly an all!

It is dedicated to Anthony Quinn, who plays her father. It must have been one of his last films, if not THE last.

GG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - June 29 2006 :  11:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Woke up this morning to 3 E-mails in my box, each with a photo attached, all from Madeleine Stowe. Quite a surprise!

I will post them this weekend ...

The pics are candid shots, taken in her car with a camera phone! Cool!

Back to my real existence ... off to work!

Woohoo! How deeply stirring was that?!

Theresa

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 29 2006 :  10:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW I bet Sachem had a smile on his face all day long!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 30 2006 :  12:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a wonderful surprise! Can't wait to see the photos! That is so cool that Ms.Stowe said hello so personally!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 30 2006 :  07:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
What a wonderful surprise!!! She seems like a very nice person!!! Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

emster
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

July 05 2004

Posted - July 01 2006 :  09:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, that is awesome, Rich!!

PS I'm testing to see if I have posted correctly. This is my first time in forever to post.

Emily in Houston

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2006 :  10:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
EMILY!!!!!!

We've missed you and Kevin at the gatherings these past few years!!! Good to see (well sort of) you!!! Hope things are well with you!!!

GG

emster
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

July 05 2004

Posted - July 01 2006 :  10:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi GG!! And all!! We've missed *being* at the Gatherings, and thank you for missing us!!! I bug Rich from time to time via email, but I don't get to come on the Board too often. And I'm not too proficient at posting ... but I'm trying!! Tee hee.

Emily :)

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2006 :  10:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well YAY for you - Ya done good!! Keep up the good work!!!

GG

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 01 2006 :  12:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, all ... here you be:

Before I post 'em, here's the latest E-mail from Madeleine Stowe ...

Dear Rich,

Well, you see. I only got this cell phone recently as I hate, hate, hate them. But a friend chastised me for not using the camera. So as weird as it feels taking pictures of oneself, I'm just starting to figure it out. So there you have it. Have to admit, it's kind of fun sending and more fun getting photos of others.

Hope you're well. Say "Hi" to everyone, okay?

Madeleine

Okay! Consider it done! Now ...

at long last... taken in my car with phone camera

golly, another

could there actually be a third? Who would have thought

To say I was shocked is quite an understatement! Re-did the interview page this morning, including all of the above. See: We're Talking To You, Miss! Our Madeleine Stowe Interview

Man, my life is complete! What is really weird is how this all came about! I mean, she didn't exactly contact us for THIS! Remember? See: Cora's Coming Out ... A REAL Weekly Update! --- Funny how stuff happens!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 01 2006 :  1:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Soooo..... Now that you are in good with Madeleine Stowe, I am thinking 2008 Gathering? Ya gotta work on this one! Ya got two years.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Gadget Girl

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2006 :  1:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WHAT a nice email!!!! Thanks for sharing those with us too, Rich!

Very Cool, indeed!!!

GG

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 01 2006 :  6:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz,

I second that suggestion. Rich - do you think you could talk Ms Stowe into returning to the mountains for the 10th anniversary??? I understand it's not her favorite place, but if anyone could do it...well, YOU could!!

Jayne

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2006 :  10:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that it would be a great idea to have Ms. Stowe as our guest!!! I'm pretty sure that none of the guys would object to it either , that is if she would even come. I think that Rich could sweet talk her in to it though.
Rich, thanks for sending the pictures. She's as beautiful as ever!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2006 :  11:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emster

Wow, that is awesome, Rich!!

PS I'm testing to see if I have posted correctly. This is my first time in forever to post.

Emily in Houston

Emily!
It's so wonderful to "see" you again! My gosh, it's seems like ages!
Hope all is well with you and Kevin! We've missed you!

hugs all around!
Caitlin & the gang

Image Insert:

17.26 KB

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

emster
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

July 05 2004

Posted - July 02 2006 :  2:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Caitlin!! So good to hear from you. What a gorgeous group o'kids!!! Will try to write and say howdy off-list.

As for those pix of Ms. Stowe ... they're wonderful! Thanks for sharing them, Rich. As Kevin said when I showed them to him, "She's so beautiful, isn't she?" Indeed she is. Hasn't changed a bit!

Emily

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 03 2006 :  12:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emster

Hi Caitlin!! So good to hear from you. What a gorgeous group o'kids!!! Will try to write and say howdy off-list.

As for those pix of Ms. Stowe ... they're wonderful! Thanks for sharing them, Rich. As Kevin said when I showed them to him, "She's so beautiful, isn't she?" Indeed she is. Hasn't changed a bit!

Emily

Well, I was just too tickeled to see that you posted Emily, but I must agree, Ms. Stowe looks amazing! (just to stay on topic )

A.Lincoln

slppet
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

November 30 2004

Posted - July 03 2006 :  8:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich: Very cool and well deserved...sorry everyone that we could not make the trip this year...FL called...sounds like you had a great time...hope to meet you all some day!

Best Always,

Steve

PS Anyone got some pics?

DEVANHIE
Pathfinder

magua
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - July 04 2006 :  10:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Send DEVANHIE a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
RICH, PLEASE, PLEASE TRY AND GET HER FOR 2008!!! I'M SOOO IN LOVE WITH HER, LOL!! TELL HER I'M AN UNDYING FAN AND APPRECIATE HER CELL PHONE PICS!
MAN, WHAT A WAY TO START OFF MY FOURTH OF JULY!! GOT SOME SERIOUS FIREWORKS HERE IN B'HAM!! SERIOUSLY THOUGH,BIG DEL AND I MISSED YA THIS YEAR.........
THANKS FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE!
LITTLE DEL

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - July 04 2006 :  5:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's pretty cool Rich,
Madeline's sending you emails and pics. Sounds like you're old friends.
I wonder if she reads the chatboard. I wish she would come to the next
gathering. Do you think she'd like to get cards and letters from us?

Donna

Hey Happy 4th to everyone!

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  07:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhhhh ... thats so nice. She looks lovely doesnt she??

Now if only I could get Eric to send me some emails with pics attached ...

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 07 2006 :  09:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Get in line girlfriend. We all wish for that but so far hasn't happened...If you're out there Eric, please call me .

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  10:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Im out with Eric I think calling anyone would be the LAST thing on my mind.

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

katiebien
Lost in the Wilderness

Cora 4
USA

April 22 2007

Posted - April 22 2007 :  3:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit katiebien's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
omg those pics are soo cute. hey that was a great job for her first time using her phone cam. :) way to go madeleine
  Previous Topic: Updated LOTM Locations Screensaver ... for free! Topic Next Topic: Free Giveaway of Masterpiece Theatre Version of LOTM!  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.46 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07