The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/14/2024 9:18:38 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The LOTM Locations
 Chimney Rock Park -- Up for Auction?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Friends of Dupont Forest Membership! Topic Next Topic: My First Trip -- March 2006  

rdunajewski
Lost in the Wilderness

Tool3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 21 2006

Posted - July 28 2006 :  1:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdunajewski's Homepage  Send rdunajewski an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The other day I received a letter in the mail from Chimney Rock Park, roughly stating that they're looking to auction off their property with Sotheby's. They also said that the state is acquiring land for a park at Hickory Nut Gorge. Does anyone know further details?

For one, I don't want the park to become a private property. After finally visiting the park, I can say it's best suited as just that.

For two, I don't want to see a possible new owner to change very much. As with any property, when you get a new owner in the mix, crazy things can happen. Heavy construction, heavy destruction, etc. Perhaps some change would be welcomed.

For three, I want my annual pass to remain valid until it expires next March, naturally. Since I didn't get the chance to get to the top of the park last time, I definately have to go back for more photos. I don't think you can really appreciate the park from the movie alone.

They noted at the end of the letter that no drastic changes to the operation of the park were being made yet, and more information would be mailed as it develops. Perhaps Rich can find out more or someone else who lives there, and visits frequently.

Rich
report to moderator

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - July 29 2006 :  10:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich
More details are in this topic:
http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4054

Shaz

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

rdunajewski
Lost in the Wilderness

Tool3
USA

March 21 2006

Posted - July 30 2006 :  3:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdunajewski's Homepage  Send rdunajewski an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

Rich
More details are in this topic:
http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4054

Shaz

Ah, sorry about that. I figured this would be the most likely place to look for a discussion and to post a new one. Being up over 24 hrs doesn't put you in a mood to search first..

Rich
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Friends of Dupont Forest Membership! Topic Next Topic: My First Trip -- March 2006  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07