The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
6/15/2024 2:27:13 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Towne Crier's Square
 Internet Explorer 7 Now Available!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: ***Eric Schweig Official Message Board News*** Topic Next Topic: Chat?  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 21 2006 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A part of the upcoming Vista operating system, IE 7 is now available as a free download here.

I've been using the various beta versions for quite some time and I am pretty happy with it. Sometime in November, I believe, it will be an automatic part of the Windows Update download, but if you want it now use the link. The interface is different, but you will get used to it. All your favorites will stay intact!

Have fun!
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 21 2006 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Quite awhile ago I switched to Fire Fox, - like it quite a bit. In fact I couldn't open this site with IE6 (I think it was) but had no problem using Fire Fox. I'll take a close look at IE 7, has to be an improvement - thanks for the info.

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 21 2006 :  10:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've been using FireFox and the IE7 beta for a while, too. I'm still having a time getting used to the tabs, but otherwise it's no big adjustment. Mostly I keep forgetting that because of some of my settings, I have to hit Ctrl/click to get that second tab to open for some things. It's nice, though, to be able to bounce between some pages without hitting the Back button.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.” - Benjamin Franklin

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 21 2006 :  10:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, Rich, I forgot I wanted to ask - on IE7, have you had times when pages don't load completely? I've frequently had to refresh the page to get all the images to display. Not all the time, but fairly often.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.” - Benjamin Franklin

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 21 2006 :  11:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have been using the Netscape 8.1 and find it far superior to IE.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 23 2006 :  12:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Netscape's better now? How so? I haven't used it since...hmmmm...version 4 or so, I think. I'd appreciate hearing.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 23 2006 :  09:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tabed browsing, ability to manage security on a site-by-site basis, new security options and features, etc. You can block cookies selectively, and on sites where you must enable them, such as online purchasing, you can set an option to delete them at the end of the session. It really keeps your computer free of junk. And you have a choice of rendering engine, either Foxfire, or Internet Explorer, for each individual web site.

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 23 2006 :  2:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cool. Sounds like they've done some work. Might just give that a try, too. Why not? Three browsers...aw, heck, I've got other redundant software. (Gotta get around to exorcising the Magic Box someday....)

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 23 2006 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The nice thing about this kind of software is it's FREE!

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 23 2006 :  9:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Free gooooooood.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 24 2006 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by felicitysgramma

Oh, Rich, I forgot I wanted to ask - on IE7, have you had times when pages don't load completely? I've frequently had to refresh the page to get all the images to display. Not all the time, but fairly often.

Are you on a dial-up connection? I am, and yes, it does occasionally happen. Not often though.

felicitysgramma
Pathfinder

USA

September 11 2006

Posted - October 24 2006 :  11:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit felicitysgramma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, on dialup. Thought it might have something to do with that. If I refresh, I get more each time. Not horrible, just sometimes annoying.

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2006 :  12:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhh, yes, dial-up.... gotta love and hate it...

The really annoying thing is even with all of the construction and new building going on around us, we seem to be in some weird "zone / island " that isn't cable nor DSL ready??? Give me a freakin break! It's not like we're in the middle of nowhere!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
  Previous Topic: ***Eric Schweig Official Message Board News*** Topic Next Topic: Chat?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.77 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07