The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/18/2024 7:17:21 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 BUMPPIN' 'ROUND BUMPPO'S
 The Tales MacWilliam ...
 Brothers Are We...Pax Aye!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The White Buck, Part I Topic Next Topic: Arrival in the Allemaengel  

Sjt. Malcolm MacWilliam
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 11 2002

Posted - October 05 2002 :  9:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On that particular day, actually an evening in 1747, in the stone hut which Uncle Angus frequented, far off in the wilds, which not many folk knew of, except for his brother Quasi, and his brother Hugh, now dead this past year, fallen at Culloden, at the hands of redcoated soldiers led by his own father William MacWilliam, who stood by the side of the Butcher of Cumberland as the battle unfolded that early morning....on that particular evening, Angus's nephew Malcolm heard a footfall on the rock ledge which ran beside the hut. Malcolm waited anxiously, then a bearded face stuck through the low door, and there he was, his own brother, Davey MacWilliam, now Gunn by name.
"Brother", Malcolm whispered.
"Aye, 'tis I, brother Malcolm" the bearded face spoke. "Tis terribly fine tae see ye!"
The brothers embraced as their Uncle Angus also entered the hut. Rarely speaking, this tall MacWilliam, elusive and having a bond with four legged and winged creatures, spoke in whispered Gaelic, "Be quick, Lads. I must be off again and who knows what enemies lurk near this secret place."
Malcolm and Davey quietly spoke of the death of their father and the past year's adventures. Malcolm asked his brother's indulgence for joining with those whom they had once fought. He explained his motives and his beliefs in their future.
"I canna say I completely agree with ye, Malcolm", said Davey. "Ye serve the same damn horde who killed Father, and Grandfather is one of THEM. But, I see what ye say of the future for us and the future for our dear Scotland. It may indeed be better together with them against other enemies so we can save our dear lands another day. It may be the only way. But I canna wear the redcoat as of yet. Someday, maybe. Ye say that many of our other comrades who escaped death have joined up also?"
"Aye! Will JohnsTon and MacCrimmon the piper stand in ranks with me. Even Calsious Robertson and Armstrong the drummer wear the redcoat. We serve the German George and his son.....uhh, Stinking Willy. (And Malcolm laughed lightly.) But, it's to live and carry on our traditions that we do it. We will have our day, brother. It may take time, but we will have our day!"
Uncle Angus grunted some words in Gaelic. He rose and went out the doorway.
"I must go Malcolm. We will meet off and on. I will find you. Do not try to find me! I spend my days with our Uncles. Ha! Quasi is at the nearest village with a wench. I canna say what they see in him, all humped up and misshapen. Course, it's not the misshapen parts the lasses are interested in.....Ha!" And the two brothers laughed, then stopped, embraced, walked through the doorway and stood looking at the stars together as the wind picked up and whipped cold rain into their faces.
"We are brothers, Davey", spoke Malcolm. "And we have many adventures to enjoy together. It is as if Father speaks to me at times from the beyond. There is something in the air which he wants us to know and it has to do with other places and other people. Think on the redcoat, Davey. And brother....with the redcoat ye can wear a kilt and march to the pipes without dyin' for it!"
Another grunt from Uncle Angus whirled the brothers around. Angus was off like a dark spectre, and a final handshake and a dual whisper of "Pax Aye!" ended the meeting. Davey Gunn raced after his Uncle Angus and disappeared into the darkness. Malcolm MacWilliam, now a soldier for the King who sat in London, turned to make his journey back to his regiment. Pax Aye....Aut Pax Aut Bellum! And no war between these brothers. Only peace and adventures together to Chronicle!

Edited by - Sjt. Malcolm MacWilliam on October 05 2002 9:06:32 PM
report to moderator

Davey Gunn
Pathfinder

Castle
USA

September 10 2002

Posted - October 05 2002 :  11:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep... that's the way it happened. Doesn't the Sjt. tell such marvelous stories. I can sit and listen to him all night. Wait 'till he starts playin' his nose flute......'tis such a sweet sound....brings a tear to me eye. "ohhh....i wish i was the bos'n aboard that man-o-war....."

later,
davey

Edited by - Davey Gunn on October 05 2002 11:56:20 PM
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 06 2002 :  08:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sgt. MacWilliam,
I have just finished the "Chronicles", which I had borrowed from Lt. McKinnon. Wow, you boys ought to consider going "public". The stories and writting style are such that even one of the unintiated could enjoy and follow with ease. I eagerly devour each subsequent posting from you, cousin Seamus, et.al. I have to admit, nothing quite stirs the soul like one of your services "in the field", you sure you weren't a military chaplain in a past life? I hope you have a good time a Saratoga, you must bring pictures.

Your Brother in Arms,
Sgt. Duncan Munro
Graham's Coy. / 42nd RHR

Three Tales
Pathfinder

Hawkeye
USA

September 09 2002

Posted - October 07 2002 :  09:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you think the Chronicles are a good read.....you ought to see the movie!! We're considering haveing it converted to 3-D. "Ohhhh....i wish i was the canonier aboard that man-o-war...."

Three Tales

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2002 :  01:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would love to see it on the big screen, but would it be "R" or "NC-17"?

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2002 :  10:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
THAT is a good question Sgt Munro!! Have you read those LOVE LETTERS these boys write....SWOOOOOON!!!!!!!? Could be fodder for some steamy scenes me thinks!!

GG

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2002 :  11:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye Lassie, and I think I'll go for the NC-17 Director's Cut version on DVD.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

Three Tales
Pathfinder

Hawkeye
USA

September 09 2002

Posted - October 09 2002 :  6:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well....i think most of the Chronicles would pass the "R" classification requirements with flying colors. But....i do remember a few episodes at Raystown when we were all tracking the fiend Redbud!! The chicken feathers....blood in the snow.....naked female body face down with cryptic symbols.....!!! That might require a different rating. All fun while it lasted........!

later

Davey Gunn
Pathfinder

Castle
USA

September 10 2002

Posted - October 09 2002 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Then there was the time that brother Malcolm had the "Dutch fever" and was roamin' around the woods playin' on his nose flute wearin' nothin' but his shoes, belt, sporran and dirk.....what a sight!! I'm sure that will get us an "X" rating. Bringin' up all these memories makes me want to see the re-runs. I think they're playin' on HBO this weekend!!

davey

Edited by - Davey Gunn on October 09 2002 6:50:45 PM
  Previous Topic: The White Buck, Part I Topic Next Topic: Arrival in the Allemaengel  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07