The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 8:40:53 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Into The Wilderness ...
 Pets...?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Great spot ... Topic Next Topic: Shes (almost) baaaack...
Page: of 2

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 19 2007 :  7:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
C'mon folks. No one on the board have an exotic, out of the ordinary pet like say a big boa constrictor or a pet chimpanzee? Not even you Obi?. You disappoint. Now I could picture you with a pet chimp bringing you the newspaper and a bottle of beer. I need one of those myself. Teach it to clean the house and do the laundry and take care of the kids. It wouldn't be my pet but my "slave". Wonder where I could get one for sale.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - June 19 2007 :  9:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of my babies! On the left is Azrael, the fat one. Then on the right is Gypsy.

Image Insert:

48.2 KB

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 19 2007 :  11:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Azrael? Careful, we have a smurf on this site!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  01:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

C'mon folks. No one on the board have an exotic, out of the ordinary pet like say a big boa constrictor or a pet chimpanzee? Not even you Obi?.

I do!... Er, at least I did many moons ago. I owned a couple of pet skunks. A black & white named "Degas" and a brown and white named "Portia".
Degas ended up with my ex-boyfriend and Portia escaped and was probably eaten.. poor thing. Anyway, they were great pets. Used the litter box like a cat and everything.

Image Insert:

40.3 KB

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  09:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL Caitlin Skunks, now that is definitely different. Weren't you worried that they might "spew" and "stink" up the place?.

Definitely the "weirdest" pet so far.

IG

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  10:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How cute, Caitlin!!! They seem like they would be good pets. Hopefully you never got sprayed!!!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

LOL Caitlin Skunks, now that is definitely different. Weren't you worried that they might "spew" and "stink" up the place?.

Definitely the "weirdest" pet so far.

Actually, they were de-scented though you still could smell the musk on them. It was cute though because if they got angry they would still try to "spray" you. They stamp their feet and look back at you with their backside aimed right at you!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - June 20 2007 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by blackfootblood

Here is a picture of my babies! On the left is Azrael, the fat one. Then on the right is Gypsy.

Weird! My mom used to have a cat named Gypsy who looked exactly like your Gypsy. Things that make you go .

quote:
Originally posted by irishgirl

Isn't there a way to make skunks non-stinky? I thought you could remove their stink glands or something. Maybe . . . ? Or I could be making that up.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  3:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

..... Now I could picture you with a pet chimp bringing you the newspaper and a bottle of beer. ...
My wife does that! Hmmmmm...

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You sure have her well trained Obi. Guess you don't need the chimp afterall.

IG

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2007 :  7:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

Azrael? Careful, we have a smurf on this site!

Proud to say my house is Smurf free, thanks to Azrael!! (HeHe!)

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 24 2007 :  9:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

How about our wild raccoon that visits us on our patio every night to eat the kitty food the outdoor cats eat!!

Here he is....isn't he cute...my hubby is about ready to disown me for feeding all these critters

Image Insert:

20.9 KB

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 24 2007 :  11:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Something to think about. Raccoons are cute, but they are wild animals. They can be really vicious when mad, and they are known carry rabies. You might should listen to the hubby.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 25 2007 :  12:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...and they really stink, too!

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 25 2007 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I don't pet him or anything like that ....just watch through the door...I am just taken with how cute they are when they use their little paws to eat....

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 25 2007 :  5:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you don't mind a little advice Bat, - NOT a good idea to feed wild animals, seriously. Raccoons can and are nasty sob's when they want to be. Usually, feeding wild animals does more for the feeder, - than those fed. ;)

you can keep "The Change"

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 25 2007 :  10:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice...but it is purely by accident they are getting food..we have outdoor cats and when there are leftovers...well the squirrels and rabbits and fox all semm to know when to get a treat every so often...our property is a wooded area and we live on a lake so any given day we have deer and all the other visitors too..but you are right ...feeding the wild can be a problem...but I will be careful.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Great spot ... Topic Next Topic: Shes (almost) baaaack...  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07